Discussion in 'Other Equipment' started by babolatisduhbomb, Jun 17, 2008.
tell me what kind of shoes you wear and how you like them =)
Adidas Barricade V's. I really like them, but I think Kswiss Ultra Naturals are better for me though. But you sort of have to appreciate the mushy feel. Better than Barricade's in every category except maybe traction. And half the price.
I play tennis 3-5 times a week, and I typically play on semi-fast courts. I'm average weight I guess, and I don't really drag my feet too much.
So far, I've gone through:
1. The Fila Torneo shoes in less than 4 months, with a quarter sized hole in the right toe area. They have poor ankle support, and I've rolled my right ankle twice. Arch support was lower than I expected, but they were comfortable shoes from the start.
2. I wore out my Vapor 4's in less than 3 months, with deep wear all the way down to the insoles for both my right and left shoe, and everytime I wore them, my white socks would be dirty. They were by far the worst when it came to durability. They were too narrow in the toe box area, and I regret buying them because they just can't compare to any of my other tennis shoes. Nothing positive stood out, except for how cool they looked IMO.
3. I didn't enjoy the Breathe Cages (Yellow/Silver) because they just didn't feel solid after a few weeks of use. The outsole felt very flexible and soft even though I didn't play much tennis in them. They felt comfortable for me, but not supportive enough as a tennis shoe. They are in great condition, collecting dust in my closet.
4. I wore out the Adidas a3 Accelerators in about 4.5-5 months. They had low ankle support, but I never rolled my ankle(s) in them. Arch support was a bit low, but the outsoles felt much more solid compared to the Fila/Nike shoes. They lasted a very long time, and trumped both Nikes and Fila shoes.
5. My favorite pair are the LX Barricade 4's. They had great arch support, and the outsoles lasted just as long as the a3 Accelerators. They were a bit heavy at first, but once I wore them often enough, it didn't become an issue. The fit was perfect, and they felt like tanks compared to all the above. I felt safe in them, and never had any problems with comfort. I've worn them on and off for a combined 6 months, and there's a quarter sized hole forming at the right toe area. My next shoes will def. be the Adidas Barricades, though I'm still trying to decide between the 4's and 5's.
BTW, this thread should be moved to the Shoes and Apparel section.
I love them
Nike. Adidas aren't wide enough for me and K-Swiss don't give me enough support.
I've never heard anybody say that Nike's are wider than Adidas shoes!
I wear Asics Gel Resolution. I wore Barricades for about 5 years but I continually had toe problems, I think the toe bed was way to wide therefore my toes were moving around too much.
I have heard that the newer barricades (IV's not the V's) are a bit more narrow in the toe so I may give them another try but right now I'm loving my gel resolutions.
Last 3 pairs of shoes I bought were Adidas Barricades II, IV, V (returned each one under 6 mo warranty)... a bit heavy but seemed to give me better cushioning that the New Balance (803 I think) I had worn previously.
The Barricade IV's and V's (for me) took about a month to break in (wearing everyday, and playing in them for 3-4/week).
I'm trying the Prince MV4 (Max Vent). They fit my widish foot well right out of the box, I don't seem to have break in issues I had with the Barricade IV's and V's... Prince makes some pretty ugly sneakers though IMO I'm choosing function over fashion this time around I'll likely try the MS4 (Max Stability) next time.
New Balance, but only because you can get them wider.
Breathe Cage 2's for practice and training
Vapor 4's for matches
PS. Try posting in the correct forum.
Barricades IV. Before this I was wearing a Nike air zoom, but didn't like them at all.....
Besides, I'm an Adidas fan !
New Balance - great width and support
Wow, that is interesting. Typically Nike shoes are more narrow than Adidas. Are you sure you didn't come out wrong?
Yeah, I agree that Nike's are generally more narrow compared to Adidas. Maybe he bought narrow Adidas shoes, like the Prevail or the CC Boom.
That's why i like nike..
I have size 15 feet but they are narrow..
My vapors look like clown shoes though
Adidas Barricade V's.
Either Fila or Adidas, depending on my mood and the current pricing.
adidas prevail have worked good for me on the hardcourts, ive posted reviews on it, run a quick search if your interested
Cage 2's most likely. One pair of Vapor V's for special occasions. I like the Cage's a lot.
I voted for new balance, which I used to use, but now I use adidas running shoes & tennis shoes. They feel much better.
Barricade V's love them
prince t9 roadster ....best fit for me so far along with breathe free 2 ....good price ,durable and good forefoot cushioning
I wear this shoe:
I am not certain of its name, but it is comfortable on my feet and have strong stability.
just got a new pair of shoes here are 2 the im useing right now i love them
shoes i may try
barricade 4 and 5's. they have both been pretty good all around. not the most cushioned or easy on the knees, but built like tanks.
right now im using the Nike Air Oscillates, im thinking about getting a pair of barricades, cause thats all i hear about in the tennis shoe world, and maybe the asics gel resolution
Nike Air Zoom Vapor IV the golden ones.
the amazing barricade Vs
CC Feather III
cloud-like and light as a feather (i guess thats where they got the name...)
kswiss ascendor. love em.
Babolat Propulse, all court white, I like the fit and the low to ground feel, tried Barricade's and did not like the position my foot was in it felt slightly higher in the heel area and a fair bit heavier. The new Babolat shoes that will be released are lighter and very sharp looking.
breathe cage 2's here
Trainer 1's - nostalgia
Asics - Haven't played in these since high school
Nike Vapor IV all the colors
Nike Vapor V black and paris version
Nike Air Oscillate
Nike Zoom Animo
always change every time i play
I was looking for more lateral support and just made the switch from my K Swiss Ascendor SLT's (props for breathability, lightness and heel cushioning) to Barricade V's. They are a bit clunky and hotter (especially coming from such a minimalist shoe) but are really great all around shoes. Super traction and a firm but still nicely cushioned ride.
great durability and comfort
i wear adidas barricade 4's on surfaces other than clay. and adidas feathers on clay and occasionally on synthetic grass
Adidas Barricade 5- Like the Barricade 2----fits like a glove, but more flex and better durability. Love em.
Jeez, am I the only Reebok person here? 360 DMX (discontinued) and Match Day Pumps, both in white/navy.
New Balance, like other posters have mentioned, I have wide feet.
hmm no kswiss in poll
Barricade 1,2,3,4,5...and when they make the 6, 7 8 and 9's...I will wear them as well. Nothing better than a Barricade.
Nike breathe cage green and gold.
adidas barricade 5. I like em. My only real tennis shoes. But wore em out in 5 months. well 4 months. Send em in today.
Air Max Breathe Cage II.
I just use $20 Wilson tennis shoes. I don't find it worth it to spend more than $40 on shoes
Separate names with a comma.