Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Janko Tipsarevic's Glasses (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=101593)

thetenniskid07 10-14-2006 04:13 PM

Janko Tipsarevic's Glasses

Why does he wear THOSE glasses? I doubt he has eye problems. Most pros wear contacts if so.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7216...72A804EADCDF78

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7211...BBEFA784B4822E

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7196...8AE2130AF99A10

pNoyr3D 10-14-2006 04:29 PM

Hm.. I really don't know but those are sports glasses, maybe he can't use contacts for some reason.

Anyways your 2nd and 3rd pics don't work :D

tandayu 10-14-2006 08:35 PM

I was going to ask the same question.

It looks like the handle goes around the back of the ear, and continue all the way to the wrap the chin and neck. Maybe the purpose is to hold the glass firmly.

I also wear glass which slip from time to time, and Janko's glass looks like a good idea

Duzza 10-14-2006 08:54 PM

Aren't they just sunglasses with a clearer, white lens?

eunjam 10-14-2006 10:21 PM

maybe he's like most NHL hockey players.....extremely superstitious???

hey...whatever it takes to help you win.

Fred The Red 10-15-2006 12:35 AM

I wear exactly the same when i play tennis.
Oakley Half Jacket with prescription glasses.
I can't stand contacts

J-man 10-15-2006 06:05 AM

They don't look half bad. If you look at previous pictures he is not wearing them. My guess is that he broke/misplaced his contacts and wore his back up pair of glasses

Bogie 10-15-2006 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tandayu
It looks like the handle goes around the back of the ear, and continue all the way to the wrap the chin and neck. Maybe the purpose is to hold the glass firmly.

i hope that you figured out by now that the thing around his chin and neck would be his necklace....................

croatian sensation 10-16-2006 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetenniskid07
Why does he wear THOSE glasses? I doubt he has eye problems. Most pros wear contacts if so.

Why would you doubt that? I doubt he would wear them if he had perfect vision. And he probably can't wear contacts.

novak.20v 02-01-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetenniskid07 (Post 1013176)

Sorry, I know this old, but wearing contacts are HORRIBLE when playing tennis.
Does anyone know if his glasses are prescription or just sun glasses? I really want to find a pair w/ my prescription, but I haven't had any luck finding any. :/

babyhagrid 02-01-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novak.20v (Post 7184813)
Does anyone know if his glasses are prescription or just sun glasses? I really want to find a pair w/ my prescription, but I haven't had any luck finding any. :/

I recently picked up a pair of Oakley Half Jacket XL's. The opticians were able to order them with my prescription. Oakley do a wide range of frames that can accept a prescription. As for Janko T, im not sure if he wears contacts. He does wear shades all the time while on court though. Sam Stosur does too.

sureshs 02-01-2013 12:44 PM

Because he is trying to appear intelligent

novak.20v 02-01-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyhagrid (Post 7184889)
I recently picked up a pair of Oakley Half Jacket XL's. The opticians were able to order them with my prescription. Oakley do a wide range of frames that can accept a prescription. As for Janko T, im not sure if he wears contacts. He does wear shades all the time while on court though. Sam Stosur does too.

Thanks for the info. :)

royfrombigd 02-01-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novak.20v (Post 7184813)

Tennis is about the only time I wear contacts as my glasses get too sweaty. I'd be curious if these glasses ventilate better to not have a sweaty build up.

babyhagrid 02-01-2013 02:13 PM

Oakley put a coating on their lens to help with moisture build up and fogging. Bolle do an anti-fog spray too.

asimple 02-01-2013 02:25 PM

I just tried out a prescription pair of Oakley half jacket frames and was very very happy with the result. I've never been able to play with sunglasses, but there was little to no issue with these. To be fair though I have a low prescription and don't ever wear corrective lenses, so part of the happiness could be due to this.

babyhagrid 02-01-2013 02:37 PM

I have a strong prescription for my glasses, i can asure everyone that they work brilliantly for tennis. The only issue is the way Oakley produce their lenses, they use a technique called HDO or High Definition Optics. It does take some getting used to but it could also be down to my bad eyes :)

novak.20v 02-01-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyhagrid (Post 7185210)
I have a strong prescription for my glasses, i can asure everyone that they work brilliantly for tennis. The only issue is the way Oakley produce their lenses, they use a technique called HDO or High Definition Optics. It does take some getting used to but it could also be down to my bad eyes :)

I also have a very strong prescription, so thanks for your input. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get a pair.

hittman10 02-01-2013 03:38 PM

Ok, here's the deal...
Oakley glasses, depending on which lens you use, can sharpen the environment. Day or night. Perscription lenses are available, but that's not why some players use them. Try yellow lenses at night, they make a huge difference in being able to see the ball.

babyhagrid 02-01-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novak.20v (Post 7185290)
I also have a very strong prescription, so thanks for your input. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get a pair.

Just to let you guys know that the model Janko wears (the Fast Jacket I think) doesn't go up to certain prescriptions. Bit of a pain if your after that particular model, but that's life I guess.

Glad to be of service to you Sir novak 20v.