Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Dude Claiming to Serve 140 mph on Video Resume (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=101798)

sloe_torture 10-16-2006 12:52 PM

Dude Claiming to Serve 140 mph on Video Resume

This guy claims to be a former Satellite and national USTA Junior player, and accomplished Olympic skier, a former CIA and Mafia employee/intern, an 8th degree blackbelt, a monk-in-training in the Himalayas, and someone that can serve 140 mph. Check out video at

http://www.ivygateblog.com/blog/2006...banking_1.html

Hi-larious!!!!

Baghdatis72 10-16-2006 12:59 PM

He looks like the greatest poser of all time!!! :lol:

BigServer1 10-16-2006 01:56 PM

That was hilarious. The bench pressing scenes kind of scared me because his back was bowed far enough that he could have snapped his back. I laughed though at the 495lb. shot, mainly because three guys were obviously pulling the bar up, so who knows how much he can actually bench.

Long story short, this guy is a gimp.

armand 10-16-2006 02:39 PM

Of course he can serve 140mph! Didn't you see the official IBM serve speed text at the bottom of the screen?

His tennis was ok actually. But it was funny when he was talking about how the coaches said he couldn't serve and volley, but then the clip shows him doing some serves and then a few seconds later he's up at net hitting some volleys! Funny because he doesn't realize that serving and volleying is done at the same time!

He puts how much he can bench press on his resume!!! Mercy!

Did he really go to Yale???? OMG.

That article on him is pretty funny.

DashaandSafin 10-16-2006 03:11 PM

Too funny. Hope his Yale degree isn't made up though...that can get him into some serious trouble.

p0w3r 10-16-2006 03:35 PM

he did go to yale...everything else is...FAKE haha:

http://www.yale.edu/rumpus/archives/...mpus_may02.pdf

just go down to page 12 of that newspaper pdf (its Yale's School Newspaper.)

a very interesting (funny) read :p

DashaandSafin 10-16-2006 06:55 PM

Oh man. That Yale article owned him. I would leave the school...

kchau 10-16-2006 07:05 PM

that dosent even sound like 140 mph..

MTChong 10-16-2006 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchau
that dosent even sound like 140 mph..

Well, kchau, turn your volume up.

kchau 10-16-2006 07:48 PM

lol
the guy was loud, but it was nothing like what ben becke rwas doign at the us open, god damn that was like WAHHH PACKkk

tennus 10-16-2006 08:04 PM

The scary part is these guys only exist because there is a sucker to sell the story to ! Check out how the barbells go thud like a lump of meat when he throws them away............too funny. This guy dances like he plays tennis. I think it's called the box step. Perhaps he'll turn up at the wrestling one day. ;)

Mick 10-16-2006 08:06 PM

he's not bad as a tennis player

Capt. Willie 10-16-2006 08:14 PM

I don't feel like downloading this but I am going to assume it is much like that girl from the UK a few weeks ago who claimed to hit one at 130 MPH.

armand 10-16-2006 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Willie
I don't feel like downloading this but I am going to assume it is much like that girl from the UK a few weeks ago who claimed to hit one at 130 MPH.

Oh, it's more than that, Skip. Much more.

DashaandSafin 10-16-2006 08:18 PM

I still can't belive he got into Yale...didn't they chuck him out after realizes his false credintals?

HyperHorse 10-16-2006 09:07 PM

well... Yale i hear is a real snobby stuck up rich kids we're too good for the rest of the world ivy league college.
And i saw the guy split a pile of bricks right down the middle. I dont see many ppl do that every day.
I think i know which one to believe. Even though that serve didnt quite look 140mph, looked pretty impressive...
Might have a better chance of guessing the speed if u could see the ball travel.

FitzRoy 10-16-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperHorse
well... Yale i hear is a real snobby stuck up rich kids we're too good for the rest of the world ivy league college.
And i saw the guy split a pile of bricks right down the middle. I dont see many ppl do that every day.
I think i know which one to believe. Even though that serve didnt quite look 140mph, looked pretty impressive...
Might have a better chance of guessing the speed if u could see the ball travel.

You could break a pile of bricks like that, with enough time spent training to do it. It's not really a matter of strength, so much as it is technique. The trick is that the bricks aren't very flexible, so if you hit them right, the transfer of energy will force them to crack, since they have no other way of absorbing it. The energy then transfers to each of the bricks in the stack. A stack of something else, like bones, would be very difficult to break in this manner.

As far as the tennis goes, I agree with you. Definitely a very solid player. The serve looked fast, but exactly how fast is just about impossible to tell. It's pretty rare to be able to hit 140, though.

Swissv2 10-16-2006 10:43 PM

I read the Yale newsletter and they got his name wrong? Or ....

armand 10-17-2006 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swissv2
I read the Yale newsletter and they got his name wrong? Or ....

yes, it's another lie. Hey, he ain't dumb; he's covering his tracks!

Why tell the truth when a lie will do?

I think lying is a skill, perhaps even an artform. And this dude has it down pat! He's the Mozart of his 'craft'.

prestigen 10-17-2006 08:15 AM

The movements and hits of this guy are sooo amateur. And this can be seen from another planet...
And this 140 mph thing... LOL :) How miserable...

Sorry for being rude but... this is shame.