Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   CanadianChic's Corner - The NON-Chat Cafe Bar and Bistro (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=108706)

CanadianChic 12-09-2006 05:21 PM

CanadianChic's Corner - The NON-Chat Cafe Bar and Bistro

This is the start of a new and improved thread where we can all come and relax and spread a little love around. Leave your grudges and your grievances at the door my friends, for this thread is a little different than others. A place to have a good time, talk about your day and get to know your fellow posters in a friendly relaxed environment. We do not chat on this thread nor do we spam as that is a direct violation of the TTW policy. Let's keep it clean, keep it fresh and funny and above all, keep it real. Let's also keep some form of topic going, not that we can't stray, but a purpose is cool, no?? LOL
That being said, the first thought of the day is what is everyone reading right now? I am reluctant to admit that I am engaged in 1400 Days - A Day by Day Chronicle of the American Civil War. Hey, I find it fascinating.

BigServer1 12-09-2006 05:43 PM

Way to go CC. It's nice to have a place to Talk (chatting is so Yesterday/so yesterday/I'm like a bird I've already flown away).

Dammit...

Anyway, good to your place is back up and running.

TokyopunK 12-09-2006 05:51 PM

Just get over it already geez. No threads about "anything" its as simple as that.

CanadianChic 12-09-2006 05:52 PM

Hey BigServer1, glad to see you back!! I need to head to bed for the night but just wanted to see someone post before I call it a night. :) I took some tennis photos today in the wintry wild that I will put on the picture thread as soon as I get a chance. It took a lot outta me since it is just a tad cool up here. LOL

CanadianChic 12-09-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TokyopunK (Post 1109078)
Just get over it already geez. No threads about "anything" its as simple as that.

TokyoPunk, I am over it and have discussed the issue already with someone a little more important than you. Did you not read the OP? Grudges at the door - this is not a "chat room" to lay your beefs out. ;)

Besides, I like you and think you can be quite humourous (that is when you're not coming after me). What book are you reading? Share a little something about yourself - we don't bite, really. Drak may chop your feet off to make you smaller like him, but that's about as bad as it gets. LOL ;)

SoBad 12-09-2006 05:57 PM

I'm here, I just don't want to reveal the book I'm reading, so just dropping in to say hello and goodnight CC.

CanadianChic 12-09-2006 05:59 PM

LOL - is it that bad SoBad? It can't possibly be worse than a day-by-day chronicle of the movement of the Eastern and Western theaters a hundred and fifty years ago. Very dry to most, but I'm a bit of a buff (nice term for hugely obsessed), and love it. Come on, what are you reading?? :)

SoBad 12-09-2006 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChic (Post 1109094)
LOL - is it that bad SoBad? It can't possibly be worse than a day-by-day chronicle of the movement of the Eastern and Western theaters a hundred and fifty years ago. Very dry to most, but I'm a bit of a buff (nice term for hugely obsessed), and love it. Come on, what are you reading?? :)

I insist on not revealing the book, but since you seem so keen on learning what it is, I will give you one (and only one!) hint: the book title includes the word "jahannam".;)

mohmoh 12-09-2006 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBad (Post 1109099)
I insist on not revealing the book, but since you seem so keen on learning what it is, I will give you one (and only one!) hint: the book title includes the word "jahannam".;)

Good one SoBad, "jahannam" is an arabic word. Do you want me to mention the meaning of the word? I won't unless you give permission.

SoBad 12-09-2006 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohmoh (Post 1109229)
Good one SoBad, "jahannam" is an arabic word. Do you want me to mention the meaning of the word? I won't unless you give permission.

Please feel free! That's the beauty of a thread with no topic - you can't possibly "derail" it, since there are no "rails" to begin with! And if my hint leads someone to figure out the book that I am reading, so be it, I won't confirm or deny it...;)

mohmoh 12-09-2006 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBad (Post 1109266)
Please feel free! That's the beauty of a thread with no topic - you can't possibly "derail" it, since there are no "rails" to begin with! And if my hint leads someone to figure out the book that I am reading, so be it, I won't confirm or deny it...;)

cool, "Jahannam" = Hell

Do you arabic?

boxingguy 12-09-2006 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBad (Post 1109099)

I know! Curious George burns in Jahannam!

Great idea for a thread, btw.

Just finished two books: How to Play Better Tennis by Bill Tilden and Blink:The Power of Thinking without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell.

The Tilden book was written over fifty years ago, but I was surprised to recognize many of the lessons taught to me nearly verbatim by various instructors very recently.

I've passed over Blink for a long time because, ironically, the cover and blurb did not intrigue me. I finally cracked it open and started reading, and couldn't stop. Lots of fascinating and disturbing stuff in there. The stuff about the conscious and unconscious syncs up perfectly with what Timothy Gallwey talks about in The Inner Game of Tennis. Totally recommend it.

SoBad 12-09-2006 11:00 PM

** just walked into the bistro from the street**

Hello! So dark and smoky in here, who else is in here?! Can I have another beer please?

Fee 12-09-2006 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TokyopunK (Post 1109078)

You are the most appropriately named member of this board. Go away and let the adults have their conversation.

The Grand Slam 12-10-2006 12:32 AM

Quote:

Leave your grudges and your grievances at the door my friends,
But Chic, my grudges and grievances don't get along with everyone else's. What should I do? :(

CanadianChic 12-10-2006 12:46 AM

Well, if that is the case, I say welcome to the club my friend!! ;) Wow, it so goes against human nature waking up before the sun is out. Why can't I just get a paycheck for being me? What's with the having to work deal? LOL

Fee 12-10-2006 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Man Sublime 1 (Post 1109581)
Hmm how old are you?

Having your own chat place for talk tennis?

She's older than 15, which means that like the other adults she understands why this thread exists. You need to scoot along, minors are not allowed in Bars.

Lakoste 12-10-2006 10:44 AM

Since spam is not allowed on the boards, and its even stated there shouldn't be any spam in this thread, does that mean there will be no hard feelings if Admins/Mods delete posts they consider spam?

BiGGieStuFF 12-10-2006 10:59 AM

I define spam as unwanted material that bothers a person. If you go by that definition then i guess I don't mind that an admin deletes a post providing a reason why it's considered spam.

Fee 12-10-2006 11:01 AM

There is a difference between the "Administrators" and the "moderators" on this forum.