Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Former Pro Player Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Anyone coming to boston (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=113754)

dima 01-19-2007 07:42 AM

Anyone coming to boston
 
For this?

http://www.championsseriestennis.com/boston2007/

slice bh compliment 01-19-2007 09:32 AM

May 2 - 6. Looks like a good crew, too: Mac, Chang, Cash, Courier, Mats, Martin, et al. Wonder about Haarhuis, Goran, Korda, Volkov and Pioline...Rios...love to see Edberg and Boris kick it around, too. They're all 35 except Rios, right?

I'd go if the wife and I had not already planned a family trip for that weekend.
Their seating chart is kind of whack, though. Very few baseline seats unless you want to pop for Platinum or Gold tix. But the prices are not too bad, I guess, for the Silver seats in sections 105 and 111.

dima 01-19-2007 10:06 AM

Oh what a shame, it'd be wonderful to meet the famous slice bh compliment.

dima 01-19-2007 10:09 AM

Kids Day Saturday, May 5th from 11:00am 12noon. Free for kids 18 and under. First 100 kids play tennis on Center Court with the Champions and receive a free ticket to the Saturday Afternoon Session.


Interesting, I wish I were 18.

dima 01-30-2007 08:01 AM

Will you change your mind now that Sampras is coming slice?

tarheels2323 01-30-2007 01:45 PM

Hell yea. I'm now a sophomore in college and I pretty much told my family we were going up last year to see McEnroe play. It was a pretty nice trip. I just called my dad yesterday and told him we were going again, so I'll be there for the finals.

slice bh compliment 01-30-2007 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dima (Post 1215869)
Will you change your mind now that Sampras is coming slice?

Oh, man, thanks for asking, but we're committed. Most of my family would understand if I flaked on 'em for this, but I've gotta do the right thing.

Take some pictures for me.
Hey, a special request here, Dima: a bunch of the TW forum crowd ought to get together, maybe get a couple of courts at Longwood or something. Maybe some place with Har-Tru in the area and play some social singles and dubs on Saturday evening after the matches. Then grab dinner somewhere fun and touristy like the Barking Crab or something. Then walk around, grab a drink or two. Post a few pics, drakulie style.

dima 01-30-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slice bh compliment (Post 1216534)
Oh, man, thanks for asking, but we're committed. Most of my family would understand if I flaked on 'em for this, but I've gotta do the right thing.

Take some pictures for me.
Hey, a special request here, Dima: a bunch of the TW forum crowd ought to get together, maybe get a couple of courts at Longwood or something. Maybe some place with Har-Tru in the area and play some social singles and dubs on Saturday evening after the matches. Then grab dinner somewhere fun and touristy like the Barking Crab or something. Then walk around, grab a drink or two. Post a few pics, drakulie style.

Oh yeah, definitely, I assume you live in the Boston area right?

wildmoose31 01-30-2007 06:31 PM

If boston wasnt such a ***** to get to Id be there every day, but I guess Ill buy the whole package and maybe get rid of part of it, hard to pass up seeing Sampras with great seats

POGforEver 01-30-2007 06:32 PM

I'll be there! Went last year and it was GREAT!

VikingSamurai 01-31-2007 04:06 AM

Do they only play the seniors in the US, or do they go around the world.. Would love to know if they come to Japan..

slice bh compliment 01-31-2007 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dima (Post 1217129)
Oh yeah, definitely, I assume you live in the Boston area right?

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Kidding.

Been to Boston a few times over the years. Nice place you got there. Last time was in 99, Davis Cup: USA vs AUS.
It was like 100 degrees each day that week.

dima 01-31-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slice bh compliment (Post 1217944)
No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Kidding.

Been to Boston a few times over the years. Nice place you got there. Last time was in 99, Davis Cup: USA vs AUS.
It was like 100 degrees each day that week.

Well I don't live in Boston either, and wouldn't like to, I live on the cape(Cape Cod)

classic tennis 02-01-2007 04:23 AM

The tour is split with the Outback tour in the US & some European only ATP events. The two tours do not get on, there have been a couple of attempts to get the guy's to Asia but with the guarantees they want on top of poor TV coverage (for sponsors) & no financial backing from the European tour it's no going to happen. Best bet & (best players) to watch is to go on Hols to the US & catch one of the Outback series.

spadesss 02-01-2007 09:53 AM

i hope to get tickets and attend it a few times!!!

FEDEX1 02-24-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dima (Post 1183245)
Kids Day Saturday, May 5th from 11:00am 12noon. Free for kids 18 and under. First 100 kids play tennis on Center Court with the Champions and receive a free ticket to the Saturday Afternoon Session.


Interesting, I wish I were 18.

Thats sick. I live near Boston defintly going. If you have anymore info about this or a link to were i can read more on it I would appreciate it:grin:

slice bh compliment 02-24-2007 09:18 PM

Okay kids. So like, I'm trying hard to get out of our commitments...and there is a good chance I will make it to Boston that weekend. IT is hinging on one grandparent thing and one small, semi-delegate-able work issue that Thursday.
Whether I do or not....I have a good feeling it will be...

Eh SSexyTime!

rasajadad 02-25-2007 03:03 AM

I'll be there!

dima 02-26-2007 07:29 AM

If slice comes I'll be a happy man :grin:

spadesss 03-08-2007 02:32 PM

i got my tickets!!!
i am going thur and fri night so hopefully, i get to see a lot of different players.
it will be my 1st ever tennis tournament of any sort outside of hs or college. i can't wait!!!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse