Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Federer paint job on his shoes (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=115496)

NScat23 01-28-2007 05:02 PM

Federer paint job on his shoes

As we know Fed has been using the air zoom vapor speeds last yr and the yr b4 even when the vapor 3s were out. Now hes wearing the vapor 4s but the outsoles are of the vapor speeds.

dannyjjang 01-28-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NScat23 (Post 1211717)
As we know Fed has been using the air zoom vapor speeds last yr and the yr b4 even when the vapor 3s were out. Now hes wearing the vapor 4s but the outsoles are of the vapor speeds.

i dont care

goblake14 01-28-2007 05:05 PM

Probably different shoe, same sole. Just my guess. The structure of the shoe proper appears different.

PBODY99 01-28-2007 05:29 PM

Nike makes custom shoes for all of their top players. When you have good footwork, does the "paint job" of the shoe matter ?

flyboy1 01-28-2007 08:02 PM

Hopefully this will be the last time I write this (probably not)....If you don't care about the subject (dannyjjang et al), then why do you even bother posting? It makes no sense to read the thread and waste everyone's time by writing "I don't care". Who are you people anyway, that you need to put in your two cents and add absolutely nothing to the conversation by saying, "I don't care". If you don't care, then don't post. See....that's what not posting means...that you don't care. We will infer from you NOT posting, that you have no interest in the subject matter. You certainly don't have to tell us that you don't care by posting. If you don't have anything constructive or pithy or interesting to say, keep it to yourself. JEEEEZ!

vkartikv 01-28-2007 08:06 PM

even his underwear is paintjobbed. Come on man, is what he wears so important? do we have to feed to sports brands advertising scams?

BreakPoint 01-28-2007 08:53 PM

This topic has already been discussed extensively recently: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=113346

And, yes, most top pros use "paintjobbed" shoes. They are not the exact shoes that they appear to be and are not the same as the retail versions.

dannyjjang 01-28-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyboy1 (Post 1212385)
Hopefully this will be the last time I write this (probably not)....If you don't care about the subject (dannyjjang et al), then why do you even bother posting? It makes no sense to read the thread and waste everyone's time by writing "I don't care". Who are you people anyway, that you need to put in your two cents and add absolutely nothing to the conversation by saying, "I don't care". If you don't care, then don't post. See....that's what not posting means...that you don't care. We will infer from you NOT posting, that you have no interest in the subject matter. You certainly don't have to tell us that you don't care by posting. If you don't have anything constructive or pithy or interesting to say, keep it to yourself. JEEEEZ!

i dont care

ericsson 01-28-2007 10:54 PM

they are just custom made, adidas does that too. some have wide feet, some small, etc...

federer_nadal 01-28-2007 11:44 PM

The white bit where your ankle and side of your foot is is white leather with a darker white graffiti pattern on it, and there is a kangaroo and 2 stars stitched near the back of the shoe. 2 starts represent his 2 AO wins in the kangaroo/Australia. They were talking about it on the commentary.

Duzza 01-29-2007 12:58 AM

So what you're saying is....he is using Vapor 4's with a Vapor 3 sole. I'm with Dannyjang :D

classic tennis 01-29-2007 03:55 AM

Most top brands make model shop shoes in house (Fila, Nike, Reebok & Adidas as well as Yonex), what you buy is not what the players use.

cghipp 01-29-2007 04:57 AM

That's interesting; I never thought about PJ shoes before. I'm sure even his shirt is a special fabric blend that no one else can get.

cantstopme 01-29-2007 05:08 AM

All of you obviously do care or you wouldn't bother reading and posting. The section of this forum is "pros rackets and gear" wouldn't this thread be absolutely that? Stop trying to make your post count high and if you truely don't care, don't even read the freakin thread. By the way does anybody know what racket Roger really uses? ha ha ha

Duzza 01-29-2007 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classic tennis (Post 1212993)
Most top brands make model shop shoes in house (Fila, Nike, Reebok & Adidas as well as Yonex), what you buy is not what the players use.

Same goes with clothes I heard.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star 02-03-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duzza (Post 1215151)
Same goes with clothes I heard.

yep, on nike, they make the check logo bigger on the pro's clothes so people will see it better, why not just do that with the nike gear we buy? i dont know.

hyperwarrior 02-03-2007 07:45 PM

Well that's Pete Sampras paintjob into Federer!!

Heavy Metal Tennis Star 02-03-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperwarrior (Post 1226493)
Well that's Pete Sampras paintjob into Federer!!

haha yeah, cept pete is better this time? lol, ehhh?

officerdibble 02-04-2007 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkartikv (Post 1212393)
even his underwear is paintjobbed. Come on man, is what he wears so important? do we have to feed to sports brands advertising scams?

How strange. Surely this thread is empowering customers against advertising scams. I think it really matters. Nike want us to go out and buy some new, more expensive shoes because they are an implied advancement. If we find out that they aren't really being used we can be reassured that we can get great shoes for half the price!

I like that quite a lot of players were evidently using the Adidas Barricade II shoe. When I saw that everyone hadn't switched over to the III I was reassured that I wasn't missing out by not spending an extra $30!

Almost all purchase decisions are emotionally driven and post-rationalised. So I think it's good that there some anti-manipulation anger growing to off-set the industries highly immoral manipulation of this market.

AlpineCadet 02-08-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by officerdibble (Post 1226983)
How strange. Surely this thread is empowering customers against advertising scams. I think it really matters. Nike want us to go out and buy some new, more expensive shoes because they are an implied advancement. If we find out that they aren't really being used we can be reassured that we can get great shoes for half the price!

I like that quite a lot of players were evidently using the Adidas Barricade II shoe. When I saw that everyone hadn't switched over to the III I was reassured that I wasn't missing out by not spending an extra $30!

Almost all purchase decisions are emotionally driven and post-rationalised. So I think it's good that there some anti-manipulation anger growing to off-set the industries highly immoral manipulation of this market.

:confused:

That's probably not the intended case at all. Federer is using the vapor 4 with a custom made outsole, probably for better traction/speed in combination with the benefits of the original shoe. When you're the top ranked player, why not have the best of Nike shoes all molded into one? It's not a paintjob or a design to trick the public into buying something else.