Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Adult League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   365 sets in 365 days? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=118523)

stutennis 02-15-2007 07:06 AM

365 sets in 365 days?
 
I am trying to play 365 sets in 365 days. I originally thought of trying to play 365 matches in a year, but decided that weather, injuries and other factors would make that almost impossible. I don't play every day but am trying to average it out. My efforts are at http://stutennis.blogspot.com and I invite you to drop by and leave a comment to say hi.

Stuart

slice bh compliment 02-15-2007 07:17 AM

Good luck, Stu. Hope you meet your goal. More importantly, even if you do not, I hope you get to play quality tennis rather than just quantity tennis.

Oh, and your name reminds me of the well-permed, open-shirted, gold chain-wearing character who bought Homer Simpson's denim jacket at their yard sale. The jacket had sequins on the back, spelling out Disco Stud, only the 'd' in stud had fallen off. The guy was so happy, 'cause his name was Disco Stu.

So there was a tennis pro I've hit with whose name is Stu. Nice guy, good player. We all called him Tennis Stu. A few of my buds and I had a beer with him after hitting one night. Someone popped a quarter in the jukebox for Stayin' Alive. It was priceless to see Stu's toes tappin'. Disco Stu!! Kind of wish I could honestly say he had a perm, an open shirt and some gold chains, but that would be engaging in hyperbole. And noone ever does that, especially not on the internet!

Well, good luck, Stu.

stutennis 02-15-2007 07:32 AM

quality tennis
 
Hopefully, I am playing some quality matches. I have noticed an improvement in my technique and ability to anticipate and look forward to not only playing some good tennis, but meeting some good people as well.

Disco Stu from the Simpsons? I cringe, slightly...

Stuart

oldguysrule 02-15-2007 08:38 AM

what level player are you? I am a 4.0 about 2 hours from you if you want to get together sometime for a game.

btw, interesting blog...good luck on your journey

stutennis 02-16-2007 09:01 AM

I am probably a solid 3.5 or a low 4.0. Maybe we can work something out to meet somewhere between us.

Hughy86 02-16-2007 09:37 AM

Thats actually a fairly easy goal. Most addicts I would say play 9+ a week easy. I personally play 12 sets a week.

armand 02-17-2007 04:46 AM

correction
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by slice bh compliment (Post 1253429)
Oh, and your name reminds me of the well-permed, open-shirted, gold chain-wearing character who bought Homer Simpson's denim jacket at their yard sale. The jacket had sequins on the back, spelling out Disco Stud, only the 'd' in stud had fallen off. The guy was so happy, 'cause his name was Disco Stu.

No. The 'D' did not fall off, it was never there in the first place. Homer did the sequins himself but he ran out of room and there was no place for the 'D'.

goober 02-17-2007 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hughy86 (Post 1256390)
Thats actually a fairly easy goal. Most addicts I would say play 9+ a week easy. I personally play 12 sets a week.

Yah 7 sets a week is pretty easy. You only have to play 2-3 times a week to do it. I know tons of tennis players that play 4-6 times a week. But it sounds like he is a beginning level player? So good for him. He will eventually want to play twice that many sets if he gets the tennis bug :D

slice bh compliment 02-17-2007 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand (Post 1258248)
No. The 'D' did not fall off, it was never there in the first place. Homer did the sequins himself but he ran out of room and there was no place for the 'D'.


Hhahaha, great memory, armand. Thanks!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse