Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   It is one thing to lose to a friend, but a girl! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=122033)

IT WAS IN!!! 03-08-2007 03:34 PM

It is one thing to lose to a friend, but a girl!

ugh I play with this group everyday it usually consists of 4-6 people. We are 14-16 years old, all of us friends. Today out of the group I played one girl in a tennis team match we are both 14, I am 5'11" she is 5'4". I tell you she can hit some really hard groundstrokes. I usually win 6-4 6-4 but in the tennis team match we played one 10 game set. So I start out losing 2-5 then I make a comeback and am down 5-6 it stays like this until I am down 8-9 She breaks a string at the beginning of the 18th game, I offer to let her use my back up racquet. She would have had to use her moms extre oversize racquet and she was awful with it. So I let her use mine and she played GREAT. She beat me 10-8. ( we are friends, I wanted it to stay competitive but I wanted to win of course) We had already won the other 3 courts and won the event but in the specific match, should I have let her use my racquet?

Puredrivetennis 03-08-2007 03:38 PM

Who cares? You showed great sportsmanship to lend her your racquet, and im sure you accepted defeat graciously? A match is a match, regardless of what's happened--you cant let whats already done bother you, just keep going!

calvinchang 03-08-2007 03:58 PM

just beat her next time :-)

Nick Irons 03-08-2007 04:00 PM

You got beat in Singles ?

mJeez4293 03-08-2007 04:06 PM

i thought u meant to lose A girl, haha i was about to be like ya i totally agree

xtremerunnerars 03-08-2007 05:39 PM

Just take it and move on. Losing to a girl really isn't that big of a shame, unless you're a touring pro. In that case, it's grounds for mandatory sterilization.

There are SO MANY players out there better than all of us, and a sizable percent of that is female players.

IT WAS IN!!! 03-08-2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Irons (Post 1300962)
You got beat in Singles ?

yeah...

I am not going to let it bother me but I was just wondering because I broke a string once when i only had one racquet and my opponent had three, I had to use an nFury demo from the proshop and it was so incredibly light compared to my leaded up PD+. It was very onesided from there

Silentgunz 03-08-2007 05:51 PM

i almost lost to a girl to, i played this one girl shes like really good... she can keep the ball in play forever... i had to step up my game to win lol almost lost to.. and i started out going easy.. .by the end i was sweating bad...

IT WAS IN!!! 03-08-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silentgunz (Post 1301147)
i almost lost to a girl to, i played this one girl shes like really good... she can keep the ball in play forever... i had to step up my game to win lol almost lost to.. and i started out going easy.. .by the end i was sweating bad...

yeah it was 80 degrees today pretty humid and i got sunburned, I also wore black, I didn't think it would be so bad.

counterpunch _god 03-08-2007 07:49 PM

Your loss wasn't too bad, i got whooped 6-0 6-1 by a girl on center court, during a All-Star Training session in L.A. (everyone was watching)

[ GTR ] 03-09-2007 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremerunnerars (Post 1301123)
Just take it and move on. Losing to a girl really isn't that big of a shame, unless you're a touring pro. In that case, it's grounds for mandatory sterilization.

There are SO MANY players out there better than all of us, and a sizable percent of that is female players.

I don't mind losing to girls which is rare but I hate the fact that when I do lose, some girl say something like "You lost to a girl, hahhaha". Or when I win them, "That's not fair, I'm a girl".

equinox 03-09-2007 03:56 AM

You're allowed to lose to a girl only if she's a much higher ranked/level player than yourself OR if losing will get you closer to seducing her.

IT WAS IN!!! 03-09-2007 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equinox (Post 1301840)
You're allowed to lose to a girl only if she's a much higher ranked/level player than yourself OR if losing will get you closer to seducing her.

she is higher ranked than me in Louisiana but I am better

(she has been trying to get me to go and do stuff like the mall movies etc. without our group;) )

fr600 03-09-2007 09:44 AM

"but a girl!"

Boys aren't always better. In your case, it's just bad luck.

Sakumo 03-09-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equinox (Post 1301840)

Rats, I was going to say that. It's okay to lose to her if she's a babe ;)