Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Novak Djokovic will definitely be next #1 in the world and a legend (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=126116)

NadalForever 04-01-2007 12:31 PM

Novak Djokovic will definitely be next #1 in the world and a legend

I am extremely impressed by Djokovic's game. He is going to get the #1 ranking at some point next year and will be a legend. I should probably change my user id to DjokovicForever because Nadal really sucked the last 6 months. Anyways my prediction is that Djokovic will destroy Federer's legacy and will take Federer into retirement the way MacEnroe took Borg into retirement. Djokovic is way more entertaining to watch than the boring Federer and Djokovic's personality is not as annoying and arrogant as that of Federer. I do not see any flaws in Djokovic's game and he can hit any shot effortlessly. Vamos Djokovic!!!!!!!

Mick 04-01-2007 12:34 PM

suddenly, 2007 looks like it will be a tough year for Federer.

ACE of Hearts 04-01-2007 12:35 PM

Another waste of a thread.

vince916 04-01-2007 12:36 PM

wow this was his first masters titles

must of felt great

omniexist 04-01-2007 01:17 PM

[quote=NadalForever;1351727 Federer and Djokovic's personality is not as annoying and arrogant as that of Federer.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're a fair weather fan. And I disagree strongly with the above statement ;)

Fee 04-01-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACE of Hearts (Post 1351734)
Another waste of a thread.

We have a winner!

Zets147 04-01-2007 01:39 PM

then I can change my username to Nadal4ever, no?

vive le beau jeu ! 04-01-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zets147 (Post 1351923)
then I can change my username to Nadal4ever, no?

but please don't change your avatar ! ;)

oscar_2424 04-01-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalForever (Post 1351727)
I am extremely impressed by Djokovic's game. He is going to get the #1 ranking at some point next year and will be a legend. I should probably change my user id to DjokovicForever because Nadal really sucked the last 6 months. Anyways my prediction is that Djokovic will destroy Federer's legacy and will take Federer into retirement the way MacEnroe took Borg into retirement. Djokovic is way more entertaining to watch than the boring Federer and Djokovic's personality is not as annoying and arrogant as that of Federer. I do not see any flaws in Djokovic's game and he can hit any shot effortlessly. Vamos Djokovic!!!!!!!

take it easy, wait at least 10 years before calling him a legend

LarougeNY 04-01-2007 02:14 PM

I just had to disagree with the statement made saying that djokovic isn't arrogant and federer is. Wasn't it that fool djokovic that claimed he was in control of a match where he was playing nadal at the FO, he was down a set and 5-2, and retired saying he would have won that set and the match.

looks like you need to learn the definition of arrogance mr nadalforever

NadalForever 04-01-2007 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarougeNY (Post 1351997)
I just had to disagree with the statement made saying that djokovic isn't arrogant and federer is. Wasn't it that fool djokovic that claimed he was in control of a match where he was playing nadal at the FO, he was down a set and 5-2, and retired saying he would have won that set and the match.

looks like you need to learn the definition of arrogance mr nadalforever

I consider Djokovic also a bit arrogant but let's not forget that when Djokovic made those statements last year he just barely turned 19 and was probably joking with that statement. Federer makes much more arrogant statements recently (lets not forget all those disrespectul statements against Nadal during last years clay court season) even though he is 25 years old. I personally think Federer is a much bigger jerk than Djokovic. But I really don't care about personality because the only thing that I care about is how entertaining it is to watch a player. I find Federer extremely boring to watch and watching Federer play is like a perfect cure to insomnia. Djokovic is way more entertaining to watch and hopefully he will be ranked #1 as fast as possible.

Chauvalito 04-01-2007 02:49 PM

Again, what is wrong with arrogance? Especially within teh sporting worlds...

I bet you there are stick brokers out there, and surgeons that are arrogant...it may be part of the resaon they have achieved...

Secondly, I think yout jumping the gun in saying that Djokovic will become a legend.

He is damn good, and as you said has very few weaknesses, but just to cite a another example:

Berdych won Paris...and hasnt really doen much after that, Gasquet took out Fed a few years ago and reached to masters series finals...but has yet to do much on the big stage either.

It really sounds like your attaching your allegiance to whoever is doing well at the moment. As you said yourself, it was Nadal before, but he hasnt been doing well for 6 months, so now your moving on to the next best thind, maybe, in Djokovic.

Lastlyl, couldnt you have added your comment to andother of the many Djokovis threads?

Chauvalito 04-01-2007 02:49 PM

please forgive the spelling errors...I am to lazy to go back and change them.

Zaragoza 04-01-2007 04:06 PM

Nadal really sucked in the last 6 months winning Indian Wells and reaching QF in the USO and AO :D (better than Djokovic). Djokovic makes a better result than him in Miami and now itīs out of question that he is the next no. 1, itīs ok. Nadal proved his consistency along 2 years, letīs see Djokovic. He has to win a Slam yet.

drakulie 04-01-2007 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalForever (Post 1351727)

I agree. Glad to see you have the courage to write this.

Baghdatis72 04-01-2007 04:52 PM

Well I have to confess that I enjoyed the MS in Miami and one reason was that Federer and Nadal were not in the final stages of the tournament but still the level of play was really high. The rivalry between Nadal and Federer has become really tiring and watching them take every event makes the ATP really boring as far as competition and suspense are concerned.

Last year there were many youngsters trying to emerge out of the lower rankings to reach the higher seeds and lead the way for the next generation of the top 10 players. Monfils proved to be mediocre, Baghdatis too inconsistent, Berdych can only beat Nadal nowadays, Gasquet lacks something and Murray needs more mental strength and stability. The one who proved to have all the shots in the book, serve well when he needs to, not choke in important matches and points, be physically fit and mentally steady is Novak Djokovic. His appearance last year was not very good but he reached QF of RG losing to Nadal, he reached R16 of Wimbledon losing to Ancic, he won Amersfoort and Metz. However, like Federer in 2004, 2007 has started extremely well for him with a title in Adelaide, reached R16 AO losing to Federer, reached SF in Rotterdam losing to Youzhny, reached the final of IW and now won the Miami MS. Watching him play in the last 2-3 weeks I can say that there is a high possibility that he is the one to change the present situation in the ATP and eventually succeed Federer but it's too early to say that for sure.

So in general I can say that we are witnessing the rise of a player who has the potential to dominate the ATP rankings one day and make history but not all players fulfill their potentials completely. Things will clear up as the year progresses and we see how he copes against Nadal and Federer or even better how the rest of the players cope with him :D

Either way now we're into something better in the ATP as the usual scenarios are not that usual anymore and players like Canas and Djokovic showed that they are here to stay and make an impact.

:D

Mr. Sean 04-01-2007 09:12 PM

Honestly I think the only thing lacking in djokovics game is experience. Other than that hes a complete player. One of the smartest players on the tour. He constantly changes his tactics and caters them for each opponent. Knows when to go for points and is not afraid to take some calculated risks on the court. He knew he had to come to the net more to beat a pusher like canas and knew he had to hit to nadals backhand more with his forehand. He varies his spin on his forehand very well so he can go for the topspin shot or the flatter forehand like roddicks old one. Plus he shows some emotion which is good for a sport that is starting to have some bland personalities.

Nadal_Freak 04-01-2007 09:22 PM

Yeah I'm slowly becoming a Djokovic fan to. I love his attitude and his game. Of course I don't like Nadal losing to him but I would like to see what he does against Federer.

drakulie 04-01-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 1352260)
I agree. Glad to see you have the courage to write this.

By the way, I was being sarcastic when I wrote this.

David L 04-01-2007 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadal_Freak (Post 1352818)
Yeah I'm slowly becoming a Djokovic fan to. I love his attitude and his game. Of course I don't like Nadal losing to him but I would like to see what he does against Federer.

Well, he's still young, so he has time, but they have played 4 times and Federer has won each time.