Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   James Blake at Hamburg (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=133608)

Max G. 05-16-2007 01:10 PM

James Blake at Hamburg

Just wanted to mention Blake's progress there... He's not a claycourter by any means, but he did just beat Arnaud Clement on clay, and pretty convincingly too. Did anybody see that match? What did it look like?

I don't fancy his chances against Moya, but hey, anything can happen.

simi 05-16-2007 01:19 PM

Watched the Moya/Fish match last night when I got home. The guy's on a tear. Good to see him playing so well. Will have to watch the Berdych match tonight. Glad for DVR, but ten hours make for a late night. Yeah, I'm liking Moya's chances against James.

edberg505 05-16-2007 01:19 PM

James beat him like a drum. And it wasn't just by blasting him off the court either. He used his topspin on his forehands to create angles and pull him off the court. His backhand looked solid and his return of serve was just SICK!!!

illkhiboy 05-16-2007 01:37 PM

I 'm not surprised, Blake has already beat Moya and Almagro on clay. If he can do it again tommorow, remains to be seen but I don't doubt his ability. The question is, can he do it consistently. He is definitely better than Roddick and company on clay.

edmondsm 05-16-2007 02:23 PM

I've always thought that Blake had more clay court game than Roddick. His weak serve is not as big an issue on the surface, and being fast and having a huge forehand are going to help you regardless of what you're playing on. Of course, Roddick does have all the Houston titles so...I don't know.

In any case it's great to see Blake getting good results on the dirt.

Objective Danny 05-16-2007 03:57 PM

Way to go James. I wish him more sucess.

Alexandros 05-16-2007 05:05 PM

Blake had a 5-0 record against Clement (6-0 now), so that wasn't too surprising.

Point of interest: doesn't Blake have a better record on clay than on grass?

Morrissey 05-17-2007 04:59 AM

Auf wiedersehen James. Moya sent him packing. So much for James doing well on clay this season. Beating Monfils and Arnaud Clement are his 2 wins on clay. Do we have to mention Houston? Is that even clay?

McStud 05-17-2007 07:02 AM

i havent watched any of Hamburg yet. can anyone tell me how the courts are playing. do they look as slow as they usually do?

jhhachamp 05-17-2007 07:57 AM

Not a bad showing for Blake. He gave Moya a good match and Moya has been in good form this tournament.

ilovecarlos 05-17-2007 08:05 AM

I don't get any coverage of Hamburg :( but I am really excited to hear that Carlos continues to advance...I'm sorry that it was at Blake's expense, but a win is a win....Vamos Carlos!!!

edmondsm 05-17-2007 09:12 AM

Looks like Blake blew him away in the 1st set. Classic Blake, start hot and then watch it slip away. Hopefully he can win a couple at RG.

JLyon 05-17-2007 09:40 AM

at least Blake is playing some great doubles right now.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star 05-17-2007 09:45 AM

the one time french open champ, masters winner, former number 1 beat blake, a guy who will never achieve one of those, lol.

Morrissey 05-17-2007 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavy Metal Tennis Star (Post 1450591)
the one time french open champ, masters winner, former number 1 beat blake, a guy who will never achieve one of those, lol.

Yeah, pretty much.

ilovecarlos 05-17-2007 10:51 AM

Quote:

Heheheh, I'm glad that there are some other people here (besides me) that remember;)

edmondsm 05-17-2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Is your hompage www.statetheobvious.com? That was almost 10 years ago, but you could report to your website that Blake beat Moya in Hamburg last year so you are basically just a hater.....again.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star 05-17-2007 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edmondsm (Post 1450747)
Is your hompage www.statetheobvious.com? That was almost 10 years ago, but you could report to your website that Blake beat Moya in Hamburg last year so you are basically just a hater.....again.

blake beat him now too, it was 10 years ago, roddicks only slam win was 3 years ago, 10 years ago, yet people remmeber him, lets see, where will blake be in 10 years? hmm...........................

Heavy Metal Tennis Star 05-17-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovecarlos (Post 1450689)
Heheheh, I'm glad that there are some other people here (besides me) that remember;)

how can we forget? moya p*ta increible!!!

edmondsm 05-17-2007 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavy Metal Tennis Star (Post 1450980)
blake beat him now too, it was 10 years ago, roddicks only slam win was 3 years ago, 10 years ago, yet people remmeber him, lets see, where will blake be in 10 years? hmm...........................

I don't understand any of that, you sound high as a kite. In 10 years Blake will be sitting on a beach, drinking margaritas, thinking about the USO match with Agassi or getting to 4 in the world. It doesn't change the fact that you just stated a bunch of obvious crap for no other reason than to denegrate a dude's accomplishments.

Next time Moya gets beat by Fed I'll make a thread called: Moya just lost to Fed, a 10 time slam champ and greatest ever, two things Moya will never be.