Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Updated ATP Rankings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=134209)

FedFan_2007 05-20-2007 07:41 AM

Updated ATP Rankings
 
1. Fed 7500
2. Nadal 5200
3. Roddick 2900

LOL... Fed has 2300 pt lead on Nadal, Nadal 2300 on Roddick.

Baghdatis72 05-20-2007 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FedFan_2007 (Post 1457343)
1. Fed 7500
2. Nadal 5200
3. Roddick 2900

LOL... Fed has 2300 pt lead on Nadal, Nadal 2300 on Roddick.

I think it should be like this:

1 Federer 7515
2 Nadal 5225
3 Roddick 2955

FedFan_2007 05-20-2007 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baghdatis72 (Post 1457352)
I think it should be like this:

1 Federer 7515
2 Nadal 5225
3 Roddick 2955

Nitpicker... ;) My point still remains.

Kim 05-20-2007 09:18 PM

If there was no Fed, Nadal would be a good No.1 knowing that Sampras when he was number one never peaked above 5100 or so points, although I think the points system was tweaked slightly since 2000, but still...hehe

tennis_hand 05-20-2007 09:47 PM

They both own Roddick. How good that is! :D

FernandoG 05-20-2007 10:55 PM

Looks like a long shot for Roddick to climb to Numero Uno.

FitzRoy 05-20-2007 11:13 PM

Federer's point total is consistently amazing. The margin by which he has held the number one ranking for the last few years is a phenomenal accomplishment. He simply doesn't lose matches...to the point that losing 4 this year before getting to the French has been a huge topic.

ilovecarlos 05-21-2007 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FernandoG (Post 1458808)
Looks like a long shot for Roddick to climb to Numero Uno.



It'll never happen, unless Mr Fed and Rafa and a bunch of other top teners retire, all at the same time....

drakulie 05-21-2007 02:04 PM

^^^ why are you hating on Roddick? You are such a troll. j/k of course. :)

fastdunn 05-21-2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim (Post 1458568)
If there was no Fed, Nadal would be a good No.1 knowing that Sampras when he was number one never peaked above 5100 or so points, although I think the points system was tweaked slightly since 2000, but still...hehe

yes, In Sampras's times, it was best 13 system instead of 18 system now.
(in 2000 they "tweaked" it into "modified" 13 system. But dramatically changed
it into best of 18 system in 2002( or 2003?))

And the points given for slams(1000pts) and masters(500pt) got bigger
now, I think.

plus, there used to be bonus points if lower ranked players beat higher
rankers like top 10. Currently there is no bonus point. This makes the lead
even bigger. (maybe with bonus point, Nadal could be awarded huge amount of points
by continuously beating Federer??)

If you use current rank system, I think Sampras had Federer like lead
in ranking for a period of about 1 - 2 year.

It's amazing that Federer mainstains this lead for more than 3 years now
but it was generally harder in Sampras' times since tennis was much more
polarized (specialized) in each surface in 90's.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse