Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   ***Gamers Lounge*** (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=137211)

SFrazeur 06-06-2007 08:52 AM

***Gamer's Lounge***

Welcome to the Gamers Lounge. I thought the gamers needed a place to congregate. All gamers are welcome. Online mini-gamers are welcome as well.

If you like post your favorite games and or series and genre.

I'll start

Series:
Elder Scrolls
Wing Commander

Games:
Grim Fandango
Wing Commander III
Fate Of Atlantis
Oblivion
Zelda: A Link to The Past.

goober 06-06-2007 10:15 AM

Favorite series: Quake/Unreal

currently playing UT2k4 for 15-20 minutes/day. Really don't have time to play anything else. Waiting for UT3 to come out. :D Just upgraded my comp-Core duo 6700, 2 gig RAM, Geforce 8800

Lakoste 06-06-2007 10:44 AM

I've stopped playing games mostly, although I used to play mainly FPS (CS1.6, Quake, UT, etc). I even played Oblivion for a while, although I got bored of that pretty fast. I mainly stopped when I sold my gaming rig, since I needed some HP ProCurve switches for my network:)

One game I still do play is Cube 2, it's a no frills FPS. It's also multi-platform, so I can "pwn noobs" on my linux/mac machines:D . Best of all, its free.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goober (Post 1497169)
Favorite series: Quake/Unreal

currently playing UT2k4 for 15-20 minutes/day. Really don't have time to play anything else. Waiting for UT3 to come out. :D Just upgraded my comp-Core duo 6700, 2 gig RAM, Geforce 8800

You're gaming for 20 minutes a day, with a computer like that? Blasphemy!

jamumafa 06-06-2007 01:38 PM

As much as I hate to join this thread, 'cos I can see it becoming one big geek-fest ;) I tend to play a lot of Unreal, but havent had the time to lately, 'cos of sucky revision and sucky viruses and all that.

"Maybe I should join the army, But it's pretty much a First Person Shooter but with better graphics..." haha love it

LarougeNY 06-06-2007 01:40 PM

I really really wanna get the 360 and I'd be happy with oblivion as my only game for a while. It works out with the free 3month subscription now that its june and the summer is roughtly 3 months, but I can't. Never get time. Oblivion is an unfreakin-believable game though.

dave333 06-06-2007 01:45 PM

Starcraft. Can't wait for II.

goober 06-06-2007 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakoste (Post 1497219)
You're gaming for 20 minutes a day, with a computer like that? Blasphemy!

PC upgrading is insidious. First I thought I would just upgrade my Vid card since it was about 4 years old. So I figure out what card I want to get and find out that my mobo doesn't have a PCI express slot that all the new top end vid cards require. Then I think ok no biggie I can upgrade my mobo and bring over my cpu (P4 3.1 Ghz). Then I find out that I have a socket 478 cpu and all the new intel CPU are socket 778 and no new mobos support the old CPU socket. So then I ended buying a new cpu/mobo and vid card. :D

forzainter 06-06-2007 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFrazeur (Post 1496955)
Welcome to the Gamers Lounge. I thought the gamers needed a place to congregate. All gamers are welcome. Online mini-gamers are welcome as well.

If you like post your favorite games and or series and genre.

I'll start

Series:
Elder Scrolls
Wing Commander

Games:
Grim Fandango
Wing Commander III
Fate Of Atlantis
Oblivion

good choice, i have only played oblivion from the elder scrolls though, are the others good?

goober 06-06-2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamumafa (Post 1497617)
As much as I hate to join this thread, 'cos I can see it becoming one big geek-fest ;)
"

Yah just hang out join some of the SW2, which racquet is a pro really using and tennis babes threads. Nobody will think you are geeky there :)

FitzRoy 06-06-2007 02:03 PM

The Civilization series. I've liked every title in that series. I currently play Civ IV.

Also the Warcraft series and Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War.

SFrazeur 06-06-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forzainter (Post 1497668)
good choice, i have only played oblivion from the elder scrolls though, are the others good?

Here are some random thoughts I came up with:

Other than Oblivion I have only played Morrow Wind and it's expansion Tribunal. Morrow Wind is a more original looking game. Oblivion looks like it is set in Europe, and it is beautiful do not get me wrong, but it is familiar looking. Morrow Wind is very other worldly in appearances with hints of European like areas.
Morrow Wind land mass is a good deal larger than the one in oblivion, and is a lot more diverse, and like I stated before, more other worldly. Morrow Wind is a harder game even on the same difficulty level as Oblivion. The controls are not as good or easy to use as in Oblivion. There is not a voice for every character like in oblivion, which means get ready to do a lot of reading. Morrow Wind is also more open ended than Oblivion which for some is better for some it is worse.

it is a very engrossing game to play if you can get past it's annoyances. At the price that Morrow Wind, and it's expansion go for it is the most game you can get for your money.

I would suggest looking at the reviews for it at pc.ign.com.

If you have any questions I would gladly try to answer them.

Voltron 06-06-2007 02:36 PM

^^^

I agree, Oblivion was really good, but I preferred the open-endedness of Morrow Wind.

armand 06-06-2007 03:19 PM

My favourite series is Gran Turismo. When the first one came out, I thought it was bliss because someone had finally come out with something that I dreamt about for a long time. It brought me back to videogames.

I'm really anxious to see Gran Turismo for the PS3. Until then I'm enjoying Forza2 and the original Forza is my favourite game to date.

mucat 06-06-2007 03:42 PM

Civilization is good. But I always hated a spearman can take down a tank. Does the game still has the this problem with the latest sequel? I remember CivII fixed the problem with hitpoint but it is Sid Meier's was not involved with CivII.

Oblivion is a joke. No leveling??? No leveling??? What kind of CRPG is that?? I heard some mods can fix this. But the game by itself is pretty picture with no substance.

fishuuuuu 06-06-2007 05:21 PM

I'm playing,

Battlefield 2 Series
Battlefield 2142 and Northern Strike
Command and Conquer III Tiberium Wars
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2

nautika721 06-06-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand (Post 1497877)
My favourite series is Gran Turismo. When the first one came out, I thought it was bliss because someone had finally come out with something that I dreamt about for a long time. It brought me back to videogames.

I'm really anxious to see Gran Turismo for the PS3. Until then I'm enjoying Forza2 and the original Forza is my favourite game to date.

The GTHD demo on PS3 is incredible. The graphics are unlike any other video game in my opinion, as the mountains in the background are absolutely photorealistic. The physics of the cars is awesome, as usual, but will only appeal to true racing simulation fans. I can't wait for the full game to come out, it's going to be one of the best.

mucat 06-06-2007 06:04 PM

For Racing sims, have to go to rFactor, GTL, GTR , the classic GPL and Nascar series from Papyrus.

Any hardcore sims (No, no, the other sims...) player here?

nautika721 06-06-2007 06:05 PM

I'm a predominantly console gamer, having grown up on the Sega Genesis and such other consoles, but I play a decent amount of PC games as well. I love Starcraft (and can't wait for SC2) and especially love Sim City games. I played Joint Operations for a while, but haven't played in a long time. I also own the 360, PS3, and Wii and play tons of different games on them.

I'm a big fan of all of the Tom Clancy games, especially the next-gen ones, SC: DA, R6: Vegas, and the GRAWs, which I have on 360. I play Gears of War a lot too, and played well over 100 hours of Oblivion when it came out, which - although it had its many flaws - was a great game IMO.

I love the Guitar Hero series, which I own on PS2 and Xbox 360. I can't wait for GH3 and Rock Band to be released, they'll keep me and my roommates busy for a while.

My favorite sports series' are NHL and NCAA, which I buy every year, and I played a bunch of Top Spin 2 and FIFA World Cup when they were released.

The game I play the most is Halo 1 on Xbox Connect, which I play almost every night with my roommates when I'm at school.

I've pretty much deemed my PS3 a waste of money, as I never play it and use it primarily for Blu-Ray movies now. I have Resistance and Madden and they were both not good IMO. I'm waiting Lair which looks pretty good though.

Wii is loads of fun and was a great investment. Although it's a shame Mario Party 8 disappointed. Wii Sports will never get old (ever), and Wario Ware is loads of fun if you have a bunch of people playing.

I also whip out the N64 every once in a while for some nostalgic Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, or Mario Kart.

It sounds like a lot, but I split my gaming time between hockey, tennis, surfing, guitar, and work. I play as much as possible, so if you're on Xbox Live or the Playstation Network, send me a friend request to nautika721.

diegaa 06-06-2007 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FitzRoy (Post 1497682)
The Civilization series. I've liked every title in that series. I currently play Civ IV.

Also the Warcraft series and Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War.

civilization rocks. how did u like the pass from civ III "play the world" to the IV?? I didnt like CIV IV at all...

Noveson 06-06-2007 06:42 PM

Oh great job with this thread. I was thinking about starting something similar, nice job. Anyway I mostly play 360 and PC games. I once got up to level 31 on Halo 2 before the level reset. Haven't played much since, biding my time for Halo 3. I play Gears of Wars, Ninja Gaiden(abo****ely GREAT game), Topspin 2, and Oblivion.

Oblivion got a little boring for me after I figured out how to make my guy 100% invisible lol:)

On PC I used to play all the Warcraft and Starcraft games. I can't wait for Starcraft 2, it is going to be insane. I don't have WoW because I don't want to pay the monthly fee. I also play a lot of Half Life 2, and FEAR. I need to get the new Episodes for Half Life. I play some CS at my friends, but I don't have my own.

FitzRoy, Warhammer 40k is a great RTS. I think it is underappreciated. I stopped playing after a while, don't have the expansion unfortunetly.

I also play a lot of basketball games.