Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Other Equipment (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   custom tennis bag? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=139276)

rosenstar 06-17-2007 06:01 AM

custom tennis bag?

ok, so some of you might think this is a stupid question but here it goes.

Are there any companies that create custom bags? I can't seem to find any bag I like on TW or at any other tennis shop. I want a 6-8 racquet bag with backpack straps and a lot of side pockets.

If you know of any companies that create custom bags, please tell me.

zapvor 06-18-2007 04:19 AM

you can try buying a regular bag from TW, then customize it yourself. thats what i am thinking about doing.

iplaybetter 06-18-2007 05:20 AM

make one from scratch

Cruzer 06-18-2007 09:13 AM

I have never heard of custom made tennis bags but if someone makes one you can expect that they will cost plenty. You may consider non-tennis bags to find one with the number of storage pockets you want.

phucng_10 06-18-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iplaybetter (Post 1525934)
make one from scratch

Some cloth, velcro, and zippers will work.

Max Winther 06-23-2007 08:48 PM

I bet there are some custom made backpacks somewhere for the rich, 45 year old 3.0 woman tennis players at my club, but it would be way cool to make a custom bag. The only problem i can think of is it would probably be less durable than a mass-produced one because any manufacturer probably has made 500,000 more bags than you. I would try if I had both time and money to throw away.

ayyhwang 06-23-2007 08:58 PM

I've never heard of a company that made custom tennis bags try Googling it

Sixpointone 06-23-2007 10:29 PM

I've seen some custom Bag makers online, but a quality made, one off Custom Napsack could easily run $200.00 from what I have seen, and depending there is often a lengthy turnaround time for Custom Work.

Not to say you might not be able to locate a Craftsman cheaper, but there is a possibility of a high price point, especially of a Tennis Bag which is larger than a Napsack.

Best of luck and I hope you find exactly what you are looking for.

lgbalfa 06-23-2013 07:37 PM

revisiting this thread to see if anyone knows of a place that will make a custom 6 racquet bag.

thanks

Overdrive 06-23-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgbalfa (Post 7526954)
revisiting this thread to see if anyone knows of a place that will make a custom 6 racquet bag.

thanks

Honestly? This doesn't make sense.

You're going to pay the price for a custom tennis bag that is 1.5x-3.5x the price of other brands that are likely to be made out of the same or worse quality.

Save your money and get a bag that matches your needs for putting racquet in and not for style.

MAXXply 06-23-2013 11:14 PM

1. Go to www.carryology.com and browse the in-depth articles on the site. There are numerous articles about craftspeople designing and making bags the way they wanted.

2. Select a maker you like and contact them.

3. Ask them to make your desired bag.

OR,

Learn how to make your own bags. Market them effectively and wait for the hipster-tennis gearheads to come to you.

Build a better mousetrap and the world will come knocking on your door, etc etc.

Overdrive 06-23-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXply (Post 7527237)
1. Go to www.carryology.com and browse the in-depth articles on the site. There are numerous articles about craftspeople designing and making bags the way they wanted.

2. Select a maker you like and contact them.

3. Ask them to make your desired bag.

OR,

Learn how to make your own bags. Market them effectively and wait for the hipster-tennis gearheads to come to you.

Build a better mousetrap and the world will come knocking on your door, etc etc.

That looks like a waste of time, but wealthy people have done this formula before.

xeropwnage 06-24-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgbalfa (Post 7526954)

thanks

Angell Tennis makes custom 9-racquet bags, meaning they have a set design but you get to pick out the colors of the side panels. If you want your name on it, though, you might have to order overseas. Otherwise, the U.S. partner's link is fl.angelltennis.com.

embot 06-24-2013 06:57 PM

Hermes will make you one. Played mixed doubles last year and the lady in the other team was using a custom made Hermes tennis bag. Mind you it was not cheap. You could buy a decent brand new car with what she payed for her bag.

kc_tennis123 06-24-2013 08:21 PM

Babolat has a website where you can make a custom tag for your bag

WhereIsMacMac 06-25-2013 02:51 AM

I'm thinking Louis Vuitton LOL