Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   References (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Be careful in dealing with bblttnns200@aol.com (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=149001)

!<-_->! 08-06-2007 03:45 PM

Be careful in dealing with bblttnns200@aol.com

We were set to trade racquets. We established a date to mail out racquets. After that established date, he has not returned a single email. Racquets were set to be mailedon Thursday August 2. Today is now Monday August 6. We agreed to use USPS priority, which takes 3 days max. I wouldn't post this normally but his lack of response indicates that something may be fishy. In addition, when I asked if he had any references, he got defensive and assumed the trade would be off. That, to me, seemed a little bit suspicious. Anyway, be careful with this guy. He may not be a scammer, but so far he appears to be with the deal I made with him.

Shashwat 08-06-2007 06:23 PM

Are you serious?
He did the same for me, he hasn't replied since about 5 days and we were set with a deal.

It was for the K-90.

!<-_->! 08-06-2007 06:28 PM

Yea, I was going to trade for either K90 or PDR. Went with the PDR. Lucky for me though is that I found him suspicious the moment he wanted to back out when I simply asked him for reference. As I have references, I haven't sent out the racquet seeing if he would try to pull a fast one on me. Seems like he has made that attempt.

!<-_->! 08-07-2007 08:02 AM

So without reposting this person's contact info in case it may be inaccurate, the trader in question has given me one name and address while has given another person a separate contact information. His case isn't panning out too well, but I hope this gets resolved.

icorp 08-07-2007 10:29 AM

There was an earlier post for this person that was deleted. I also tried to trade rackets with him and he requested the shipment to Delware while the original post that was deleted was sent to St Louis. He may be trying to find buyers and requesting a 3 way transaction (I'm speculating). When I requested for references he said he didn't have any and when I asked him to ship first he did not reply.

woobeum 08-07-2007 11:51 AM

You are referring to seller "htazn15"

My original post was deleted by the board moderator, only after it was complained by the seller, htazn15. The reason for that was because I included his shipping address on my post. I didn't want to make any accusations, but at the same time, I tried to warn others from what appeared to be real "strange" requests from this seller. Below is an example of his many requests that didn't make any sense at all to me. Looks like he has some explaining to do. Here is his payment instruction (minus the actual shipping address now!!):

Payment instructions:

overnight to :

XXXXX XXXXX
XXXX XXXXXXX ln
saint louis, mo 63134

Don't include any notes with your payment except a note with this code on it and nothing else. b0013

On the spot where is saids c.o.d or used for write in the following code: >b0013 and nothing else

The reason I want you to overnight is because I will be leaving on a trip soon and I want to make sure you get the rackets.
And for the code(b0013), I'm helping my friend who is a powerseller on **** to process payment for him. The code is kind of like a reference number since I get many money orders and can't keep track of all of it.

Btw, he has a "lifeline telephone" so you can't call him either.. :confused:
"I have a lifeline telephone so I think that they are blocking national >calls. I'll try to call you, whats your number again?"

!<-_->! 08-07-2007 12:35 PM

Also, he gave my name and address to someone else he was supposedly going to trade with.

vkartikv 08-07-2007 01:57 PM

what is his username on the boards?

!<-_->! 08-07-2007 02:55 PM

His user name on the boards is htazn15 and his email is bblttnns200@aol.com. No clue what his real name is though.

Fedace 08-07-2007 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !<-_->! (Post 1643871)
We were set to trade racquets. We established a date to mail out racquets. After that established date, he has not returned a single email. Racquets were set to be mailedon Thursday August 2. Today is now Monday August 6. We agreed to use USPS priority, which takes 3 days max. I wouldn't post this normally but his lack of response indicates that something may be fishy. In addition, when I asked if he had any references, he got defensive and assumed the trade would be off. That, to me, seemed a little bit suspicious. Anyway, be careful with this guy. He may not be a scammer, but so far he appears to be with the deal I made with him.

What or who is bblttnns200@aol.com ??? Can we only put their email adress in as names ?? I had a very bad or ripoff dealing with a email company in Florida just 2 weeks ago. and i like to warn all good people in this forum about it. Is there rule as to we cannot put their business names in the title and so on ?? :confused:

Azzurri 08-07-2007 06:11 PM

I had dealings with this guy. Stay away from him. He was selling that K Factor for $100 shipped...too low. He is a strange dude. He had no refrences and when I offered to send Money order after he showed receipt of sending racquets he accused me of trying to rip him off or steal from him. I told him I had 200 refrences (TW and the bay) and he had nothing...I told him that was the only way I woudl deal with him. My plan was to send the money once I got the racquet because he seemd like an *****...boy was I right.;)

yourname1245 08-07-2007 06:25 PM

yo thats funny cause he wanted to trade me 2 k90's for 2 n6.1 95's and i wanted him to overnight them and he never did. He gave me that address in nc but his real name is Steve Beck. He said that he couldn't call me but i said i would call him and he never sent any emails again.
thanks
sal

!<-_->! 08-07-2007 09:33 PM

I don't get what this guy is doing then. He's giving people the names and addresses of other people. So if he's trying to rip people off in trades, wouldn't these other people be getting the racquets and not him?

diredesire 08-07-2007 09:45 PM

This guy seems to be getting kicks sending frames to other people... I'd contact the police department in the region where you are sending the frames to, and maybe you can recover your frames.

Also, I'm going to stick this thread because people need to see it. I am guessing the admins will ban him (if they haven't already).

Hondasteve 08-08-2007 02:50 AM

Would one of the mods or the person who posted it please remove my personal info(address) from the thread? Thanks.

Kaptain Karl 08-08-2007 04:04 AM

Folks - You may not post other peoples' IRL names and street addresses on here. (I know you're trying to determine if this guy is a cheat, but leave the posting to City and State please.)

- KK, Moderator

omktid 08-08-2007 05:32 AM

I agree with you. But why delete entire posts? Get rid of the addresses and names.

I sent him 5 frames for his 2PDR + cash and it has been 10 days now. Like I said earlier I have been scammed real good. He said he sent it via parcel post and sent me bogus tracking number and has not responded to my emails.

Hondasteve, looks like we are the only ones who really got scammed. I naively put a note for him ("yours to keep") as he had requested.

This amounts to postal fraud, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaptain Karl (Post 1647714)
Folks - You may not post other peoples' IRL names and street addresses on here. (I know you're trying to determine if this guy is a cheat, but leave the posting to City and State please.)

- KK, Moderator

yourname1245 08-08-2007 06:08 AM

has anyone sent him theier racquets?
thanks
sal

diredesire 08-08-2007 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omktid (Post 1647811)
I agree with you. But why delete entire posts? Get rid of the addresses and names.

I sent him 5 frames for his 2PDR + cash and it has been 10 days now. Like I said earlier I have been scammed real good. He said he sent it via parcel post and sent me bogus tracking number and has not responded to my emails.

Hondasteve, looks like we are the only ones who really got scammed. I naively put a note for him ("yours to keep") as he had requested.

This amounts to postal fraud, right?

We can't edit posts, it was users that requested this.
Thus, if something needs to go, it's the entire post or nothing :(

As far as postal fraud, you really lose a lot of credibility in your case because of the "yours to keep" note. HOWEVER, keep all communications between you on hand and PRINT them out. I'd also contact a lawyer and see where you stand. DO NOT take advice from others in online forums as legal advice. Talk to a lawyer, and contact the local police department in the area in which you shipped the frames to! Tell them what happened, and see if they can recover your frames.

!<-_->! 08-08-2007 07:10 AM

For those who have sent their racquets, have you tried perhaps mailing a letter to the place you sent them to. As it seems most of our racquets aren't actually going to this scammer, maybe it'll be possible to recover your frames. Also, to Shashwat, you were given my address to send racquets to. Did you send them? If you did, I can return them to you, but I haven't received anything so I'm going to assume you were lucky and didn't send anything out.