Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Barricade 1 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=154441)

tenis 09-01-2007 03:38 PM

Barricade 1

Anybody using the old-"new" Barricade 1? What is your opinion? Worthy?
Thanks

El Guapo 09-01-2007 04:10 PM

Search button broken again?

siow_a 09-01-2007 06:13 PM

Still play testing them.... I play regularly with the yonex 305. The yonex offers a very cushioned ride and support, I rotate between three pairs. The first night with the bI felt great. I also been trying the superfeet orange insole with them. However, I'm getting pain in my left knee and cannot determine if it is the superfeet or the bI causing the problem. Never had a problem with the yonex for over 1 1/2 years.

The Bi are very supportive and don;t pinch my ankle like the 305's. The BI are light weight and I can really move across the court very fluidly. Traction is better than the yonex.

I think, I will be resting a couple of days and try to determine whether the superfeet insole or the addidas is causing the pain.

If I had to guess, it is the insert. I am 5' 10 and 195 lbs with flat wide feet. I overpronate.

tenis 09-01-2007 07:29 PM

Thanks, SIOW. It's funny I have the some shoes, the same opinion, cannot decide between this two, switching both pairs. Lucky-no injury (yet).

mrHan 09-11-2007 12:39 PM

I've used the Barricade 2, 3, and 4's in the past. After reading about the Barricade 1's, TW reviews section, it was dead-on accurate. Shoes are definately lighter and a tad bit more comfortable than the Barricade IV's. However, these two pros are not enough to make up for the cons.

1. My biggest complaint is that the tongue of the shoes keeps on slipping outwards to a point where it is completely to one side. This creates an uncomfortable pinching sensation. I have to reset the tongue by untying the shoe laces on every other change over. [pics to come]
2. As mentioned in the reviews, these shoes have a lower arch support than the Barricade IV's. For those that do not need the high arch support, these shoes may be suitable for you.
3. These shoes do not have the same "glove fit" like the Barricade IV's. As far as fitment goes, the IV's fit the best, then the II's, III's and I's (last). On quick turns and sprints, I feel these shoes slipping around my feet.
4. Stability - The shoes seem to a higher center of gravity when compared to the Barricade IV's. The turns are not as quick as the IV's.

As far as durability is concerned, these shoes do hold up quite well. I have yet to see any signs of wear.

rasajadad 09-11-2007 01:43 PM

I got a pair of the 1's recently so now I have B-I's, II's, III's, and IV's in rotation. I also have a pair of Yonex 305's. I have had no problems with the 1's in terms of my 53 y/o joints. They fit true to size but only if you wear thin socks. If you wear Thorlos, you might want to go a 1/2 size higher. In terms of cushioning, the order for me (from most cush to least) is: 4, 3, 1, 305, 2.

califsurferboy33 09-11-2007 09:31 PM

i got them, they have sick traction, and feel pretty light, they don't have the same glove like fit that the vapor speed line of shoes does. ill playtest and get ya more info if ya want it.

Capt. Willie 09-11-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by califsurferboy33 (Post 1745196)
i got them, they have sick traction,

Is "sick traction" a good thing or bad thing? :confused:

califsurferboy33 09-11-2007 11:34 PM

umm i think good lol, haven't played with em yet...i was walking around in my house, and i just noticed the gripped the ground a lot better then my vapor's...so we'll see!

tenis 09-12-2007 07:56 PM

Using them for 10 days, the biggest problem so far is the tongue slipping sideway. I hate it!