Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Andy Murray -- Will He Ever Win A Major? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=156161)

Ian Paisley 09-09-2007 09:34 PM

Andy Murray -- Will He Ever Win A Major?

Andy Murray seems perpetually injured and his game has been off the boil since returning from his wrist injury. Anyone see him being a contender for major title again?

tennispro11 09-09-2007 09:35 PM

No. Doesn't have the game to win a major.

LarougeNY 09-09-2007 09:38 PM

no. I never thought he was very talented, I really don't like his game either. He has good luck though, especially with that win over haas no too long ago in Miami or Indian wells. Bad attitude too. Imo, he's been over hyped by britain and brad gilbert

JW10S 09-09-2007 09:39 PM

Again? When was he ever in contention for a major title before? When and if he ever stops being a whiny little punk he might have a shot--I'm just not willing to bet on it.

crazylevity 09-09-2007 10:01 PM

He is a natural talent, Murray. Good feel for the ball, good hands at the net, etc. Good strategist, utilises his strengths well to match up to opponents' weaknesses.

However in the past 2 months, I've seen Djokovic do everything Murray is capable of. Add to that superior fitness and mental strength. Djokovic will have a far better career than Murray at this rate.

Ian Paisley 09-10-2007 01:35 AM

I agree with posts -- great talent by doesn't know how to man up. Spoiled and whiny. A waste because he is so gifted with feel and soft hands.

Turning Pro 09-10-2007 04:16 AM

No, not with Djokovic, Baghdatis, Nadal, Gasquest and countless number of pretenders coming up. Then this is not including the presense of Fed for a few more years anyway. Better than Henman but not quite.

Ossric 09-10-2007 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazylevity (Post 1739302)
He is a natural talent, Murray. Good feel for the ball, good hands at the net, etc. Good strategist, utilises his strengths well to match up to opponents' weaknesses.

However in the past 2 months, I've seen Djokovic do everything Murray is capable of. Add to that superior fitness and mental strength. Djokovic will have a far better career than Murray at this rate.

If Murray finds a coach that can tame his temper and Murray comes to the realization himself that he needs to keep his emotions in, then I think once Federer retires, later in his career he'll have a chance at winning some majors.

Supernatural_Serve 09-10-2007 04:42 AM

He'll make his share of quarters and semis. Finals may be out of his grasp. Winning a major? doubtful. His future is looking a lot like Andy's but with Murray being injury prone too

Fedexeon 09-10-2007 04:44 AM

Yeah, i actually like watching Murray. He's a talented kid, actually his attitude can be crappy sometimes. Another guy with alot of personalities.

Eviscerator 09-10-2007 04:44 AM

Why would you choose the user name of Ian Paisley :confused:

jaggy 09-10-2007 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eviscerator (Post 1739748)

I thought that also, should it not be the Reverand Ian Paisley?

mista-k 09-10-2007 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennispro11 (Post 1739259)
No. Doesn't have the game to win a major.

totally agree on both...venus doesnt look good in booty shorts...gross...saw it on tv while she was warming up before the match...it had sweat marks and it ruined my lunch...give me the chills

as long as andy has Brad G. for a coach>>>hes going nowhere...nice game though...I wish I could explain more but lets just recount the top 10 and thats enough said

Ian Paisley 09-11-2007 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eviscerator (Post 1739748)

Ian Paisley is the dumbest, most hateful, daft twit to ever step foot in Belfast. He is not the only person with this name and I'll leave it at that.

Marius_Hancu 09-11-2007 02:44 AM

Perhaps, but not in the cards for now. He's got more pressing issues: getting back to the top 10.

natasha_nana 09-11-2007 03:31 AM

Can't say to be honest. It is going to depend on how long he is able to remain at the top of his game and with full health and fitness. Neither of which I am terribly convinced of at the moment.

If he can live to see the end of the Federer dominance, he may sneak in one or two. But I dont see him winning more than that somehow.

And I agree - step one is regaining his ranking, and returning to full fitness.

vigour 09-11-2007 03:50 AM

I personally can't see murry winning a slam. He may have little talent but i don't think he's physically strong enough.

larry 09-11-2007 03:55 AM

federer had some problems controlling his mind in the beginning of his career on atp-level. Played beautiful tennis but just did not win the matches. I would not think that Murray should retire but believe in himself, get in shape and start executing.

futuretoptenner 09-11-2007 03:56 AM

I'm really really surprised at the responses to this thread. Murray has huge talent. Before the wrist injury he was absolutely destroying Volandri and was playing some top knotch tennis at least top 5 if not top 3. I would be surprised to see him not win a MAJOR . There are a lot of contenders for the up and coming MAJORS once Fed gets over the hill and as much as I dislike his attitude as well , he plays with passion and does truly want to win with great determination . It's only a matter of time before he wins a Major IMO. His technique on nearly all shots is second to none.

Eviscerator 09-15-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Paisley (Post 1742576)
Ian Paisley is the dumbest, most hateful, daft twit to ever step foot in Belfast. He is not the only person with this name and I'll leave it at that.

Nothing like a hateful person to ruin a good name.
Just imagine all the Germans who wanted to use Adolf (maybe a family name), but must now choose something else.