Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Roddick/Moore no more (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=1576)

irishbanger 03-18-2004 05:29 AM

Roddick/Moore no more

Saw in the paper today that Andy and Mandy are no longer an item. Seems he doesn't dig the "Hollywood thing" and wants to stay focused on the ATP season. Source: Arizona Republic.

Roforot 03-18-2004 06:15 AM

Good for him. Look for Roddick to overtake Federer now that he's even more focused. I was worried he was going to be lost in the TV reality show crap etc.

It also reminds me of a joke some years back, that Andre Agassi started to play better and come back once he lost some weight. Yeah, about a 150 lbs!

Shaolin 03-18-2004 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roforot
Look for Roddick to overtake Federer now that he's even more focused.

Thats the best laugh Ive had today. Thanks I needed that.

MattNowicki 03-18-2004 07:33 AM

If Roddick and Federer meet in the final, I've got $10 riding on Andy.

tominh8r 03-18-2004 07:36 AM

I'll take that bet!

Matt Nowicki,

I'll take you up on that. Just go ahead and send your money to my Paypal address before the match starts: fakeaddy@paypal.com.

Thanks!

@wright 03-18-2004 07:43 AM

If you're going to bet for Andy if he plays Roger, I'd really like to take some more of your money on other sporting events. Roger will most likely make him look silly once again.

dander 03-18-2004 07:49 AM

there isn't a single facet of the game at which rod Dick out performs the Fed except for the flat bomb. oh yeah, preening for the cameras in those awful espn intro segments, which are downright embarassing
i thought mandy was perfect for him, a teeny pop diva and the backstreet boy of tennis

pound cat 03-18-2004 07:58 AM

I thought it was because Mandy didn't like Andy's current normal looking haircut. Thanks for clarifying.

rommil 03-18-2004 08:15 AM

Maybe Mandy also got sick of all the attention afforded to Andy by PMac and ESPN that she decided to go.

James Brown 03-18-2004 08:28 AM

man she was too good for that tool. what an idiot, he got one of the best girls out there. nice,cute,humble,etc...idiota :< Its all good, shes back on the market...now all i gotta do is become a pro tennis player.. heh.

as for roger vs andy, you guys have got to be kidding, federer > roddick all the time. the only time federer will lose is if hes playing exceptionally poorly and very nervous (think montreal TMS, very nervous, lax play). Federer is the best guy on tour right now and the only people who might even be considered a real threat to him are guys with a solid game and solid temperament, guys like agassi, nalbandian,hewitt,henman, coria,ferrero. Not some child with a big serve and not much else. However watch out,federer hasnt been playing well this tournament, very bad play vs fish (at the beginning, even he admitted to it). Lets hope he picks it up a notch. Its probably the shoes or something, fruity looking things.

dander 03-18-2004 08:33 AM

if i have to hear the heavy metal guitars and the pseudo tough-guy music one more time on the espn intros, i'm quitting tennis both as a player and fan.
how many times have we seen this:

cut to:
close up of rod Dick squinting through fake smoke in a tv studio, glaring like he's almost as tough as lance bass...cue the corporate metal music

cut to:
Psmack overdub: "whoa...look at THAT" as rod Dick preens for the camera after acing andzdkre pdlska;sldk for the 80th time. Psmack overdub: "this guy is unbeLEEvable...i haven't washed the spot where his sweat landed on me at uncasville."

Kevin Patrick 03-18-2004 08:42 AM

You guys should check out this site:

https://secure.centrebet.com/select_event.php

I'm not a gamler, but I've always been interested in sports odds.
All the quarterfinal matches have close odds (except Chela-Federer) even Henman is only 2.85 to win, Roddick 1.45.
As far as odds to win the tournament:
Federer 1.90
Roddick 4.00
Agassi 6.00
Henman 8.5

@wright 03-18-2004 09:30 AM

LMAO dander, good stuff. At the Master's Cup they played "shake your tail feather" during the intro clips...Too bad his game doesn't live up to the image.

James Brown 03-18-2004 09:46 AM

hey they gotta spice it up for the short attention span pubescent cesspool of idiots who cant watch a competition of any sort unless it involves flashy colors and stupid music.

dander 03-18-2004 10:02 AM

that's unfortunately the problem, @wright, is that his game lives up EXACTLY to the slick, edgy marketing nonsense. he has NO GAME AT ALL, just like the backstreet boys. he reached the "pinnacle" of tennis with no game, just as the the boy band garbage reached the "pinnacle" of music

i'm waiting for the day when espn cuts away from a live final to show a replay of rod Dick's 6-0 6-0 first round win over huslx;el spelskle;sdt

James Brown 03-18-2004 10:08 AM

man, you better hope roddick doesnt beat anybody 6-0 6-0 or well never hear the end of the double bagel ********. I can just see pmac now...IVE CHANGED MY OPINION from 6-10 SLAMS TO 20. ldmlsfdmldsd

sliceroni 03-18-2004 10:56 AM

Odds in heavy favor for Federer. Maybe it would help just a little (do mean little) if Roddick met him before the final in a two out of three setter, but best out of five he's SOL against Federer.

atatu 03-18-2004 11:22 AM

Well, I understand that not everyone likes Roddick, and I completely agree that Federer is a cut above right now. But to say that Roddick "has no game" is just idiotic, sorry, but I can't think of any other way to describe those posts. Yeah, he's got no game, but he's got wins over Sampras, Agassi, Nalbandian, etc. etc. I guess Escude is a 4.0 player, you guys could probably take him out....

dander 03-18-2004 11:25 AM

the backstreet boys can also sing and dance, but that doesn't make them yo-yo-freakin-ma

lendl lives 03-18-2004 11:27 AM

roddick probably wants to date a pamela anderson type or something. mandy is the kind of girl you marry not date. also is it just me or does a rod look like mix between nick lashea (sp?) and ashton kutcher?