Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is Federer using a custom 6.0 90 or N-code 90? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=15820)

wan321 11-05-2004 03:56 PM

Is Federer using a custom 6.0 90 or N-code 90?

Is Federer using a custom made PS orginal 6.0 90 or N-code 6.1 90?

finchy 11-05-2004 04:28 PM

custom 6.0 mold. 90 sq. inch head. and he uses power pads.

degreefanlindi 11-06-2004 05:40 AM

Ncode

Has Federer ever used the Ncode?

finchy 11-06-2004 07:05 AM

no. he has never used ncoded racquets or hyper carbon racquets.

James Brown 11-06-2004 11:33 AM

finchy, he used a hps 6.0 tour...check old pics. that was hyper carboned..so youre wrong.

drakulie 11-06-2004 02:15 PM

PS 85.

finchy 11-06-2004 02:18 PM

its called a paintjob. same look though. box beam. i am not wrong. many others will back me up.

and please, disregard drakulie's useless posts about him using a ps85 right now. its not true.

perfmode 11-06-2004 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Brown
finchy, he used a hps 6.0 tour...check old pics. that was hyper carboned..so youre wrong.

Nope, Finchy was right. It was just a paint job.

William Bedford 11-06-2004 03:59 PM

I do not profess to know 'exactly' what frame Federer is using. But I overheard this conversation this Wimbledon 2004 when Max Mirnyi was practising with Fed -

Listening to Federer speak with Max Mirnyi when practising at Wimbledon - they were speaking about Federer's serve compared to Sampras's serve. Max comented that Sampras had a better flat serve - Federer agreed that earlier in his career he served harder, but that mostly he hit about 90% power in favour of a higher % of first serves. Max then comented that Sampras 'never changed racquets in all his carrer' and that 'you are always switching racquets'.

I do not know what frame Federer uses. If I had a real Federer racquet, I couldnt play like him anyways.....

foetz 11-06-2004 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William Bedford
I do not profess to know 'exactly' what frame Federer is using. But I overheard this conversation this Wimbledon 2004 when Max Mirnyi was practising with Fed -

Listening to Federer speak with Max Mirnyi when practising at Wimbledon - they were speaking about Federer's serve compared to Sampras's serve. Max comented that Sampras had a better flat serve - Federer agreed that earlier in his career he served harder, but that mostly he hit about 90% power in favour of a higher % of first serves. Max then comented that Sampras 'never changed racquets in all his carrer' and that 'you are always switching racquets'.

I do not know what frame Federer uses. If I had a real Federer racquet, I couldnt play like him anyways.....

this is VERY interesting.
maybe the best contribution to this never ending issue.

max should know it cause he's a wilson pro, too. and he has no
reason to care about the marketing issues within a personal talk...

Jay34 11-06-2004 04:43 PM

he must have had the wimby practice courts bugged ha?

perfmode 11-06-2004 05:50 PM

Does Max use paint jobs? There are a couple things that he could have been talking about.

a) Federer might actually change racquets everytime Wilson releases something.

b) Federer is constantly changing paintjobs.

c) Federer keeps experimenting with different configurations of his custom stick (head, beam width, string pattern, grip size, etc).

d) Max has no clue what he's talking about.

I think Max is talking about c but that's just me.

PurePrestige 11-07-2004 09:32 AM

I have a question which seems it might fit here, but I don't think it is post-worthy. Just that; How different could a custom Prostaff 6.0 90sq. in. mold be that much different from the nCode 90. Could it be that the nCode 90 is in fact the customized racquet made specifically for him, not down to w&b though. I played with both the 6.0 85 and nCode90 at the same time and really the frame dynamics aren't that far apart?

finchy 11-07-2004 12:15 PM

none of that ncoded silicone crap in his racquet, i know that.

i mean, its his preference what he wants to use. as far as we know, he might be as stingy as sampras was with his racquets. he even switched racquets after the first set of the us open final that he won 6-0 (i think).

perfmode 11-07-2004 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finchy
none of that ncoded silicone crap in his racquet, i know that.

i mean, its his preference what he wants to use. as far as we know, he might be as stingy as sampras was with his racquets. he even switched racquets after the first set of the us open final that he won 6-0 (i think).

No one is as anal as Henman. That's for sure.

Cigo 11-14-2004 05:00 AM

We still wouldn't be able to get it. We got three sticks to pick from and here it's up to us which one fits better.

SwissServe 11-14-2004 02:58 PM

Once I read in an interview (Tennismagazin from Germany) with his racquet buddy, that he use a custom stick from Wilson for him...

A friend of mine had the opportunity to hold his stick during practice at the Australian Open and asked Rogi for details, the answer was that he doesn't know much about his stick (his racquet man is responsible for technical issues).

BreakPoint 11-14-2004 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwissServe
A friend of mine had the opportunity to hold his stick during practice at the Australian Open and asked Rogi for details, the answer was that he doesn't know much about his stick (his racquet man is responsible for technical issues).

A little hard to believe that the #1 player in the world knows almost nothing about the racquet that he depends on to make a living with. It almost gives the impression that if Wilson handed him a Triad 3 with a nCode 6.1 paintjob that he wouldn't know the difference. :lol:

Maybe he really is that good! I guess someone that can win with a broomstick wouldn't really care what kind of racquet he was using. And here we are pulling our collective hairs out trying to figure out what racquet he's really playing with. If he only knew, he would probably die laughing. :roll:

PrestigeClassic 11-15-2004 07:36 PM

I've always said that there's probably only a handful of people in the world that are on the up and up with Fed's specs through time. One of them is not Fed. Why would he care? Feel cannot be conveyed through numbers. Numbers don't mean anything more than comparing one frame to another. But on the other side there are athletes that are much more analytical and that know every detail, like Michael Schumacher.

tt2003 11-26-2004 07:07 PM

Ncode 90 actually is PS 6.0 90. Nano tech is just a gimmick, anyone can tell me Nano tech is in ncode 90? You cannot tell and feel it is there, only Wilson knows. But unfortunately, latest PS 85 is not good any more, I buy one lately it is not solid, taiwan version is much more stiffer and hefty.