Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Matches on ESPN for thursday the 18th (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=1595)

polakosaur 03-18-2004 10:06 AM

Matches on ESPN for thursday the 18th

what are todays inidan wells matches on espn at 3,5, and 10

dander 03-18-2004 10:16 AM

who cares, all i want to see is rod Dick and agassi blowouts. nothing else in tennis interests me more than the rebroadcasts of the rod Dick and Agassi. for me, once they lose I won't watch anyways unless they pre-empt the rest of the tournament to show old rod Dick routs.
espn can do better though. when rebroadcasting roddick, who really wants to see the rallies. all i care about are the aces and P-smack's worship and awe at each and every one. just package the aces, keep the P-smack voice overs like "HEL-lo" and "this guy is unbeLIEvable!!!" and play the new Korn/backstreet boys song in the background

now that's what today's tennis fans are DEMANDING!! just ask ESPN's market research

Grimjack 03-18-2004 10:39 AM

Even though in general, a little more diversity would be nice, they can saddle me with a matchup like Agassi/Coria every day, thanks.

dander 03-18-2004 10:44 AM

coria, who the hell is he?? if he isn't american, i don't want to see him on MY television
hopefully espn is working on the technology to blot out the live images of non-American players during matches and replace them with splices of johnny mac or some other suitable player
that's a sure way to boost ratings

Kevin Patrick 03-18-2004 10:52 AM

Dude,
why are you so angry? I could understand being ****ed during Wimbledon last year, but Espn has showed live tennis during all of their broadcasts this week. There are 4 quarterfinal matches left & they will all be shown live.
12: Henin vs an ugly russian chic
2:Federer vs. Chela
7:Coria vs. Agassi

dander 03-18-2004 10:55 AM

all right, i'm calm now. i didn't know espn was showing an ugly russian chick. i was being too critical...

prostaff85 03-18-2004 12:28 PM

ESPN

you are wrong Kevin Patrick. the other night after agassi's match with Hrbaty, ESPN was showing the taped roddick/safing match instead of showing live Taylor Dent match. Once again, ESPN America is proving to have no clue what the real tennis fan wants to watch.

What will ESPN do when Agassi retires?

Kevin Patrick 03-18-2004 12:56 PM

prostaff85,
You can't blame them if the live match ends early. They are only alotted a 2 hr slot. The Agassi Hrbaty match ended with what 30 minutes left in the coverage? By the time Dent got on court & warmed up they could have shown 2 or 3 games at the most. Plus some of us work during the day & would like to see some of Safin-Roddick.

frenkie 05-19-2006 12:29 PM

kevin patrick

Hi, if you are the one that Yandell wrote an article about i would like to get in touch with you. frenkie