Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   LMAO @ Notre Dame (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=159614)

soyizgood 09-29-2007 07:42 PM

LMAO @ Notre Dame

Fighting Irish now 0-5! Nice to know they're getting their $50 million's worth of performance from Weis. Funny that they could be winning with players Willingham recruited, but can't do squat with players Weis gets. Weis is an offensive guru, but his team hasn't scored 20pts yet. Meanwhile they give up 33 a game.

As a PAC-10 fan, I'm enjoying every loss ND racks up. Serves them right for firing Willingham after one bad season and then jumping the gun for Weis (10yr/$50 million) winning with Willingham's guys.

Hope UCLA clobbers them next week. Go PAC-10!

goober 09-29-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soyizgood (Post 1782250)
Fighting Irish now 0-5! Nice to know they're getting their $50 million's worth of performance from Weis. Funny that they could be winning with players Willingham recruited, but can't do squat with players Weis gets. Weis is an offensive guru, but his team hasn't scored 20pts yet. Meanwhile they give up 33 a game.

As a PAC-10 fan, I'm enjoying every loss ND racks up. Serves them right for firing Willingham after one bad season and then jumping the gun for Weis (10yr/$50 million) winning with Willingham's guys.

Hope UCLA clobbers them next week. Go PAC-10!

Weis was given a huge, long term contract after one year. That was ********. You never judge a coach after one year bad or good.

Willingham went 10-2 his first year there as well. No huge contract extension for him.

You simplify how far he went down though in the next two seasons though. He went 5-7 the next year and 4 of those losses were blow outs which are not suppose to occur at Notre Dame. His 3rd season he went 6-5 which was also a bad year considering the manner in which they were losing games. So he really had two bad seasons.

Willingham is not exactly tearing it up at Washington now either. He so far has gone 2-9 and 5-7. This year I would be surprised if they finish above .500 I think Willingham is overrated actually. He had 2 good seasons at Stanford, 2 okay ones and 3 bad ones.

goober 09-29-2007 08:25 PM

Oh yeah I LMAO at ND too :-D

soyizgood 09-29-2007 08:46 PM

I can't believe ABC is going to torture fans by showing the UCLA-ND game. ND was LUCKY to win that one last year. This year it might be a ho-hum affair. The wager should be if ND can get more than 14 points. UCLA's speed is going to cause all sorts of hell for those guys.

ND will probably have to wait until they play the service academies for their first win. At least they keep the contract money they're getting from NBC....haha

mcpon 09-29-2007 10:52 PM

Willingham did okay against USC today, only losing by 3.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN 09-29-2007 11:01 PM

I am glad Notre Dame, the most OVERRATED team in college football IMO are losing. It's a little piece of heaven and even better to expose Weis for what he really is...

xtremerunnerars 09-30-2007 07:25 AM

It's one bad year, give em a break. I'm not a major ND fan but I don't hate them either.

Weis isn't that big of a deal really...a lot of people don't even recognize him. He walked through my high school and I bet the bulk of the people had NO idea who he was. He was there to recruit our best player (who ended up going there...currently redshirted)

KBalla08 09-30-2007 10:23 AM

hahahahahaha 0-5 wooo thats funny

Bundey 09-30-2007 10:26 AM

LOL. ND sucks!!!!

lethalfang 09-30-2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremerunnerars (Post 1782801)
Weis isn't that big of a deal really...

When you said "big," you mean...... in terms of volume and mass or what?

soyizgood 10-06-2007 07:38 PM

Oh my! UCLA really needs to dump the coach. They got OWNED by an inept ND squad. ND didn't do anything on offense (148yds), but their defense did all the dirty work to get the points.

I'm still LMAO at you Notre Dame. But as a USC fan, I can at least LMAO at the Bruins. If only USC didn't lose to STANFORD today...argh! :(

Oh, and ND only had 1 significant drive on offense for a FG. The other points came directly or indirectly from their defense. So ND's offense really only mustered 3 points.

Strawberry 10-06-2007 07:52 PM

What's with all the College Football threads? There's been 3 or 4 in the last hour.

TENNIS_IS_FUN 10-06-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soyizgood (Post 1795697)
Oh my! UCLA really needs to dump the coach. They got OWNED by an inept ND squad. ND didn't do anything on offense (148yds), but their defense did all the dirty work to get the points.

I'm still LMAO at you Notre Dame. But as a USC fan, I can at least LMAO at the Bruins. If only USC didn't lose to STANFORD today...argh! :(

Oh, and ND only had 1 significant drive on offense for a FG. The other points came directly or indirectly from their defense. So ND's offense really only mustered 3 points.

Did you watch the game? Starting QB got owned in the end of the 1st or beginning of the 2nd. A freshmen replacement had to be used.

soyizgood 10-06-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TENNIS_IS_FUN (Post 1795720)
Did you watch the game? Starting QB got owned in the end of the 1st or beginning of the 2nd. A freshmen replacement had to be used.

I did watch the game. I saw Olsen going down. That sucked. I thought he was suffering from a groin pull when I saw that injury occur. But apparently it's his knee. And even then ND had to settle for a FG despite getting the ball at the UCLA 1 yd line. PATHETIC!

soyizgood 10-06-2007 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberry (Post 1795707)
What's with all the College Football threads? There's been 3 or 4 in the last hour.

This was here last week. I thought UCLA would steamroll ND, but that didn't happen. UCLA's offense got outscored by ND's defense. The replacement QB for UCLA played lousy, but that's where I blame UCLA's coach. He should have ran the ball at Notre Dame seeing that the Irish can't stop the run. When they tried that, they got good yardage. But then UCLA would either get penalties or fumble the ball away. UCLA's defense did a great job against ND. But the offense cost them dearly.

You know the new QB is going to mess up, but I LMAO'd when the QB threw a perfect pass into the end zone and the receiver had butterfingers. Instead of getting 7, they ended up tossing an INT on 4th and goal. UCLA has 6 TO's in the game and basically gave the game away. UCLA still has never beaten Notre Dame. And probably won't for as long as Dorell "we lose everytime we get into the top 25" is leading them.

Strawberry 10-06-2007 09:01 PM

Sorry about that, I didn't notice the Post Date. Did Notre Dame beat UCLA? I sure hope so, I feel bad for Weis.

soyizgood 10-06-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberry (Post 1795791)
Sorry about that, I didn't notice the Post Date. Did Notre Dame beat UCLA? I sure hope so, I feel bad for Weis.

Notre Dame 20
UCLA 6

Neither team deserved to win based on how lousy both teams played on offense. USC will beat both those low-life squads up, so I couldn't care less who won this one. Nice to see UCLA fans covering their faces and watching the Rose Bowl go silent.

UCLA is still ahead of USC in the PAC-10 standings. :( But UCLA always does a half-@$$ job with their football program, so maybe they'll get to the Holiday Bowl this time. What's the difference between Cheerios and Notre Dame? Cheerios belongs in a bowl. :)

Strawberry 10-06-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soyizgood (Post 1795802)
What's the difference between Cheerios and Notre Dame? Cheerios belongs in a bowl. :)

Harharhar.

lethalfang 10-06-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TENNIS_IS_FUN (Post 1795720)

Their starting QB wasn't having much luck, either, although he didn't throw all those TD passes for Notre Dame as the 3rd stringer did.
By the way, Karl Dorrell sucks. I've been saying that for 4 years and I will continue to say that.

abenguyen 10-06-2007 10:18 PM

i think its pretty funny too. lol they one their game today and now are 1-5 lol. i think it was the quarterback, but could've been someone else, but they were holding up their pointer finger saying they are number 1 and i thought it was funny cause they're 1-5. but he could've been trying to say one game, one game thats all we're gonna win this season.