Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fischer Magnetic Tour compared to M Pro #1 98? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=161721)

TripleB 10-14-2007 03:45 PM

Fischer Magnetic Tour compared to M Pro #1 98?

Since there is not a demo available for the Fischer Magnetic Tour ( http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/desc...HER-FMTSL.html ), can anyone compare it to the Fischer M Pro Number One 98 ( http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/desc...ER-MP198S.html )?

I figure if someone can compare the two then maybe eventually I'll demo the M Pro #1 98 and know what the difference in the two is for comparison.

Thanks.

TripleB

bear 10-16-2007 10:19 AM

See if this helps!

Well,

I do love Fischer frames. I have hit with the original MS Pro #1 and also the M Tour 100 light. I loved both of these frames. The feel is different between the two. The MS Pro felt a few points more flexable than the tour to me. The only thing I can come up with is that the MS Pro has fiberglass and the tour does not. Also the beam is thicker on the tour as well as head size being slightly larger. I really liked the tour because I never have played with a frame that was so pleasing to hit a ball with. I have hit with nearly every frame manufacturer. I found myself wanting more weight out of the tour light however. If you buy the tour I would buy the heavier of the two which is the 11.7 ounce mag tour. Did this frame play like the MS Pro #1? No. I loved the MS Pro. But I liked the tour even better. I played some excellent matches with this tour frame. I was trading hard strokes with those who were 5.0-5.5 players and I was holding my own with them. I just wasn't converting deuce points.
I can't give you specifics about the frames. But here are the most important
points about a frame to remember: How well does a frame absorb shock? How does the swingweight feel in your hand? How low can you string the frame and still maintain maximum control? Can you continue to play with the frame for long, long periods of time with out wear to your arm? And the most important is...Does the frame feel good? Feel, that is what the game of tennis all about. How can you feel the ball better and what can you do with the ball? With that being said Fischer frames meet all the above listed criteria for me. My next frame will be the M Comp 95.
-Bear

ollinger 10-16-2007 10:35 AM

bear
As I read it, you LOVED racquet A, racquet B was even better, so now you're switching to racquet C. Hmmmm. You sound more confused than TripleB.

bear 10-16-2007 01:00 PM

Well

I was just trying to say I love Fischer frames. I love them for the unique feel! As far as staying with one frame forever I just can't do it. I may stay with Fischer frames for good though.

Bear;)

TripleB 10-16-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollinger (Post 1813186)
You sound more confused than TripleB.

I never thought the day would come when someone would make that comment!!! :mrgreen:

TripleB

TripleB 10-18-2007 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear (Post 1813420)
I was just trying to say I love Fischer frames. I love them for the unique feel! As far as staying with one frame forever I just can't do it. I may stay with Fischer frames for good though.

Bear;)

Thanks for everyone's input during my search for another "holy grail".

I have decided that my racquet for all of next year will be one of the following models:

Fischer Magnetic Tour
Fischer M Pro Number One 98
Fischer Magnetic Tour Light
Fischer M Pro Number One 98 Light
Head LiquidMetal Radical Midplus
Yonex RDS002 Light
Yonex RDX-500 Midplus
I'm going to be demoing the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th racquet from above. I've put in 3 demo sessions with the RDS002 Light. I own two of the RDX-500 MP. Unfortunately there is not a demo of the Magnetic Tour.

* A Fischer may be in my future!!!

Thanks for all your input and advice.

TripleB

BruceD 01-04-2013 03:47 PM

Are you back on the cout, et? i love Fischers, too!

I read you sig and hope that you have recovered and are playing again!
I had become confined to a wheelchair, ( I really HATE that word, confined!) in 2000, and only since last May,, have I decided to get back into the gae! I started teaching kids in my neighborhood, how to play and gave most of them their 1st racquets, too!
Call it a "message for God, or a small stroke (haha) but one day it just came to me.."I should get some cheap racquets on **** and show these kids how to have FUN!"
i just got a Fischer Mag Tour UL from an **** seller, for $16.50 and he also included a Head Liquidmetal 5, for FREE!
I have afischer M-Pro 98 334 gm version, which is not powerfull enough for me now, since I use a sports w/c and have found that bigger frames are better, now.
I stll like to BELT IT, but you can generate as much "easy power" sitting down.
I HAVE been finding other solutions, too. Check out my other posts, especially the "Frankenstring" one!
hope you are back to participating in the sport we all love!

Chotobaka 01-04-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollinger (Post 1813186)
bear
As I read it, you LOVED racquet A, racquet B was even better, so now you're switching to racquet C. Hmmmm. You sound more confused than TripleB.

You don't know what you don't know. You have to have played all the Fischers to get it...

Bear, was the Tour the 98 or the 100? I am a multiple NOS Fischer owner. I currently have several Pro No 1 Magnetic Speed 98's in SL, UL and X-UL; Pro 98 Ceramic Air Carbon (the last ceramic, 330g with the crazy 55-57 recommended tension range); A couple of Pro No 1 Magnetic Speed 105 SL's I have been thinking about getting the Tour or Tour Extreme -- the older ones, black and yellow head and silver on both sides of the throat. I also have several Pacific's which are also terrific racquets.

Chotobaka 01-04-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceD (Post 7098256)
I read you sig and hope that you have recovered and are playing again!
I had become confined to a wheelchair, ( I really HATE that word, confined!) in 2000, and only since last May,, have I decided to get back into the gae! I started teaching kids in my neighborhood, how to play and gave most of them their 1st racquets, too!
Call it a "message for God, or a small stroke (haha) but one day it just came to me.."I should get some cheap racquets on **** and show these kids how to have FUN!"
i just got a Fischer Mag Tour UL from an **** seller, for $16.50 and he also included a Head Liquidmetal 5, for FREE!
I have afischer M-Pro 98 334 gm version, which is not powerfull enough for me now, since I use a sports w/c and have found that bigger frames are better, now.
I stll like to BELT IT, but you can generate as much "easy power" sitting down.
I HAVE been finding other solutions, too. Check out my other posts, especially the "Frankenstring" one!
hope you are back to participating in the sport we all love!

What a great find! If that M-Pro 98 is underpowered you might try the M Speed 105. The 16x19 pattern in the bigger frame make spin and power a bit easier, but amazingly it really does feel so similar to the 98 in character. Another good one, although it is 27.5, is the M Speed or Black Granite Rally. It's a 102 with more pop. Different, but good it its own way. And, it is still a Fischer. Keep on keeping on, man.

t-swede 01-17-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chotobaka (Post 7098394)
You don't know what you don't know. You have to have played all the Fischers to get it...

Bear, was the Tour the 98 or the 100? I am a multiple NOS Fischer owner. I currently have several Pro No 1 Magnetic Speed 98's in SL, UL and X-UL; Pro 98 Ceramic Air Carbon (the last ceramic, 330g with the crazy 55-57 recommended tension range); A couple of Pro No 1 Magnetic Speed 105 SL's I have been thinking about getting the Tour or Tour Extreme -- the older ones, black and yellow head and silver on both sides of the throat. I also have several Pacific's which are also terrific racquets.

i played with my old 105 sl today and im asking myself why i ever put that racket down . it does everything well are you looking to unload one of your 105 sl rackets . do the pacific rackets retain the buttery fischer feeling i have been eying the comp which basicially is a 105 ul . slap a leather grip on it and some lead and voila a resurrected m-speed 105 sl anno 2013 !

on another note would the pacific pallets and buttcap fit the magnetic line , i really would like some more pronounced flare on the magnetic 105 .

etrevino09 01-18-2013 08:33 PM

on another note would the pacific pallets and buttcap fit the magnetic line , i really would like some more pronounced flare on the magnetic 105 .[/quote]

Yes, pacific pallets fit the magnetic line, no problem, already did that!!

Chotobaka 01-19-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etrevino09 (Post 7133912)
on another note would the pacific pallets and buttcap fit the magnetic line , i really would like some more pronounced flare on the magnetic 105 .

Yes, pacific pallets fit the magnetic line, no problem, already did that!![/quote]

I know the Pacific grip shells are the same as the last of Fischer Magnetics, but do they also fit the previous (red/green) Magnetics that had the pinched looking butt caps?

etrevino09 01-20-2013 01:06 PM

Hope this helps:
Pacific pallets = Fischer no tolerance pallets.
Fischer no tol pallets are different from Fischer magnetic pallets.
But, all fischer/pacific pallets can be use in any fischer/pacific racquet with pallet system.
The only difference is that pacific pallets and the fischer no tol pallets have the butt cap integrated.

Chotobaka 01-20-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-swede (Post 7129846)
i played with my old 105 sl today and im asking myself why i ever put that racket down . it does everything well are you looking to unload one of your 105 sl rackets . do the pacific rackets retain the buttery fischer feeling i have been eying the comp which basicially is a 105 ul . slap a leather grip on it and some lead and voila a resurrected m-speed 105 sl anno 2013 !

I played part of the day with my 105 SL yesterday -- it felt great, as usual. Unlikely I will sell it, or my one NOS backup that I've stashed away. I do not believe there is a Pacific version with the same weight and balance so weighting up the new one sounds like a good plan. I love the 105 SL, it feels just like the No 1 98 SL but with more forgiveness, easier power and a little better access to spin. New and good used examples have become very hard to find.

The Pacific racquets I have played have not changed significantly from their Fisher versions (I've played with X-Force Pro, X-Force, X-Feel Pro Vacuum 90, and X-Feel Pro 95). There were always slight differences in feel of the same/similar Fisher models from different years but they remain essentially the same. I look at the most recent Pacific versions the same way. They still feel and play as Fischers. I switch between my M-Speed Pro No 1 98 and X-Force Pro with zero adjustment needed, so I am not noticing a big difference.

I have a new one that should arrive next week -- the Black & red Pro 98. Looking forward to trying the new version of the X-Force Pro that is supposed to be released soon. It will be interesting to see if there is any real change.

Chotobaka 01-20-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etrevino09 (Post 7141368)
Hope this helps:
Pacific pallets = Fischer no tolerance pallets.
Fischer no tol pallets are different from Fischer magnetic pallets.
But, all fischer/pacific pallets can be use in any fischer/pacific racquet with pallet system.
The only difference is that pacific pallets and the fischer no tol pallets have the butt cap integrated.

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. I have only one Fischer Toolbox left -- good to know I can use the Pacific versions. Now, I have to see if TW can get me a few.

BruceD 03-02-2013 03:57 AM

I've brought the weight up on all my racquets, gradually adding weight until I find the RIGHT weight for more power and spin.
I decided that 360 grams makes them feel just right.
I had not played for 20 years and now I use a wheelchair, so when I first tried a new, lighter racquet, the Wilson K-Bold at 9.7 oz, it felt great when hitting balls against a wall, but when I went to a court to practice my serve, I had so little power, I thought that my serves would now be little more than spiny, looping shots until I added weight to it, after trying an older Gamma Accura 25, that came in at 340 grams. Even with the old strings that were worn out and had little snap left in them, it provided the weight I needed to make a decent serve that had the power and spin that was missing from the other ones. Now I am experimenting with it, by adding 26 grams, with 6 grams of that at the 11:00 and 2:00 positions, the rest in the butt-cap, to make it a little head-light. I will see how it feels this weekend, when hit with some friends I have, that I'm also helping to get their shots under control, so we cand later try to play some mixed dubs with.
I'm planning on restringing the Fischer M-Tour with a "Frankensring setup", using a hybrid string-bed mixing Pro'sPro Vendetta cross's and Gamma syn-guy for the mains at very low tensions to provide more spin and power, that worked well on my Wilson K-Bold.
I love experimenting with the racquets I get and eventually give away, (now at 50, since May '12) to kids I am coaching, as well as a few parents, too. Right now I'm in LOVE with the Prince Air Llight 118" that came with a bed of Prince B7W twist poly. The former owner didn't play with it more than a few times, by looking at the lack of notching on the strings. I also have a Prince 03 Speed Zone 118", that came with Babolat RPM-Blast poly that is SO NOTCHED in some places that there is MORE NOTCH than STRING! I don't hit with it, myself now, understanding what a bed of dead poly could do to my arm.