Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   barcelona tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=173467)

Barca tennis 01-03-2008 03:20 AM

barcelona tennis

Hi,
i live just outside barcelona in spain, i play and coach tennis out here it is a great place to train and play, i know alot about the academies out here and how they work, so if any one wants to know anything just ask!!

ericsson 01-03-2008 04:08 AM

Buenos dias!

I would like to know howmuch it costs to go there for a weekend (or a week) and hit some balls with a GOOD trainer and learn some stuff, i'm talking about one of the academies ofcourse ;-)
I've always wanne to taste the spanish clay.

Barca tennis 01-03-2008 11:49 PM

Hi, the cost for training per day is about 75 to 90 euros, to find a place to stay will cost 35 to 45 euros a night, hope that helps,
have you red clay courts in belgium?

ericsson 01-03-2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barca tennis (Post 1975626)
Hi, the cost for training per day is about 75 to 90 euros, to find a place to stay will cost 35 to 45 euros a night, hope that helps,
have you red clay courts in belgium?

Yep red clay all the way! but i guess they are a little slower then the ones in spain, it's more humid here. Can you give me some excellent addresses of places to go? (or website)

Barca tennis 01-05-2008 01:18 AM

info

a good place to go would be Andres Gimeno tennis club in Castelldefels just down the road from the airport. its a cool club with two academies their, lots of club members with some very high world rank players hitting and chilling out there.its a lovely town with great beach and lots of places to eat and drink. Andres Gimeno has a site you can look at. email castelldefelstennis@hotmail.co.uk english guy who lives out here can sort out the right coaching, academy, etc etc for you

ericsson 01-06-2008 11:42 PM

Muchas gracias seņor!

nswelshman 01-15-2008 04:28 AM

Mr Barcatennis, can you please give as much detail into the pros and cons of these academies:

1) Sanchez/Casal
2) Bruguera
3) ProAB
4) CIT/FCT
5) Barcelona Total Tennis
6) Andres Gimeno
7) Spain Tennis Academy
8) CAR st cugat

Which do you think are the best in terms of quality training? In terms of professional outlook? In terms of personal growth as an individual?

Barca tennis 01-16-2008 04:35 AM

Barcelona academies

this is what i think
Sanchez. big money making machine,if your a top player then great if looking to be a top player than not so great.good professional training if your the best!expensive tho

Bruguera. great for kids, all seem to have a good time, ok to start there, but if your looking to be a professional will have to move on.

ProAB. sorry dont know it. any info please pass on

CIT/FCT. very good.have to be a very very high level to train there. very professional training and out look

Barcelona Total Tennis. good, hard working, but very expensive

Andres Gimeno. great place,fair price,two academies, great for juniors, top pros there to

Spain Tennis Academy. dont know any one that trains there, sorry, is any one out there that does????

CAR st cugat. have heard good things about coach there, have seen a couple of junior players from there,looked good.

littel info on what i see and hear....what do you think? do you play out here?:)

crosscourt 01-20-2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barca tennis (Post 1978239)
a good place to go would be Andres Gimeno tennis club in Castelldefels just down the road from the airport. its a cool club with two academies their, lots of club members with some very high world rank players hitting and chilling out there.its a lovely town with great beach and lots of places to eat and drink. Andres Gimeno has a site you can look at. email castelldefelstennis@hotmail.co.uk english guy who lives out here can sort out the right coaching, academy, etc etc for you

I agree that this one looks great -- but they don't take adults who just want to go for one or two weeks. Do you have views on which are the best for senior adult recreational players? Many thanks.

cc

Moz 01-20-2008 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crosscourt (Post 2017981)
I agree that this one looks great -- but they don't take adults who just want to go for one or two weeks. Do you have views on which are the best for senior adult recreational players? Many thanks.

cc

Is there an english language web site for this one that you could point me to?

Barca tennis 01-20-2008 09:04 AM

hi crosscourt, they do coach Adult player of all standards at the club in castelldelefs. they have many good coaches there

Barca tennis 01-20-2008 09:07 AM

the web site is only in Spanish. you can find some info in english if you search

crosscourt 01-20-2008 10:40 AM

Barca -- when I spoke to them about this they said that they didn't. I think that they don't run residential courses for people like me coming from the UK.

cc

Barca tennis 01-21-2008 01:01 AM

if you contact guy at castelldefelstennis@hotmail.co.uk he will be able to sort out coaching for you. he can get english speeking coaches at the club that can do this for you. hope to see you in sunny Castelldefels one day

crosscourt 01-21-2008 09:58 AM

Barca -- many thanks. I will follow this up.

cc

Moz 01-21-2008 10:47 AM

Could you post your findings please mate?

crosscourt 01-21-2008 12:36 PM

Will do.

cc

Barca tennis 01-27-2008 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moz (Post 2021563)
Could you post your findings please mate?

hi moz, see your looking to start playing alot, if you need some trainning with top players then come and take a look out here

Moz 01-27-2008 06:15 AM

Hi

Actually I was thinking about spending a month in about March over there - there is also an ITF senior's event in Girona at the end of the month. It's a case of getting costings and research done. I'll catch up on all the threads and go from there.

Cheers

Moz

ericsson 01-27-2008 09:23 AM

I'm looking to go there too, late march or begin april, Barca, what's the temperture begin april around Barcelona? 8)