Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Who Do you like best as a person? Federer, Nadal, or Djokovic? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=177911)

Leelord337 01-27-2008 12:27 PM

Who Do you like best as a person? Federer, Nadal, or Djokovic?

Who do you like best as a person?

Federer, Nadal, or Djokovic?

Leublu tennis 01-27-2008 12:43 PM

Djokovic, by far. He seems to be such a likeable person. Very much like Baghdatis. He has a real personality and its a pleasure to watch him on the court.

Sarzy 01-27-2008 12:46 PM

Roger, definitely. A nice down to earth guy. I can easily imagine having a good chat with him.

Raoul_Duke 01-27-2008 12:48 PM

Novak.

He is passionate, hard-working and amusing young fella.

kirschbomb 01-27-2008 12:48 PM

A tie between Federer and Nadal

A.J. Sim 01-27-2008 12:49 PM

I like Federer the best (although I root against him whenever he plays an American). He seems to be a gentleman and carries himself with grace when he walks out on the court. It doesn't hurt that he's a stylish dresser of the court as well (clothes don't make the man but they help him when he's made).

How can you not like a guy who says that "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." :wink:

Rickson 01-27-2008 12:51 PM

Novak is the player everyone likes to hate and I'm sure most of us like hating him.

Grimjack 01-27-2008 01:01 PM

1. Federer. Fed plays fairly and competes hard. He answers questions honestly, if a bit brashly from time to time. Is never crude or unkind, however -- simply his blunt, analytical Swiss demeanor. He comports himself in a gentlemanly manner, and seems to have his life stable and together off the court.

2. Djokovic. Is a bit of a clown, but good-naturedly so. Comes off as a bit uneven, personality-wise, which is understandable. On the one hand, he's clearly a jovial, good-natured competitor, but on the other, he's clearly intense and doesn't like it when things aren't going his way. Typical of a young, talented, intelligent man trying to find the balance between greatness and graciousness. Takes advantage of the rules in a way that pushes his opponents, and I'd like to see less of this from him as he matures.

3. Nobody belongs at #3, as the gap between the first two and the last is so big.

Last - Nadal. He cheats. Plain and simple. He knows he does it, he's been called on it, and he continues to abuse his position of power as a recognizable face in a struggling sport. Stalls, solicits coaching, and is always ready with his pre-tournament pseudo-injury excuse..."just in case." He's clearly not very bright, and it comes through in his duh-duh interviews, where he can barely piece together thoughts in the lingua franca of competitive tennis -- English. It's the sport that pays your bills, assclown -- learn the language and grow up. He's filthy, always coming on the court with greasy hippie hair. And his effeminate clothing, demeanor, and lifestyle are all bad influences on impressionable young viewers.

AznHylite 01-27-2008 01:19 PM

Most people would choose Novak over the other two, I think. He really cuts it close when he calls his injury timeouts, and when he bounces the ball like 20 times. It's really something that gets in your head, whether you like it or not.

daddy 01-27-2008 01:20 PM

^^^ good post, good to see people who are not haters. Nice review.

daddy 01-27-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickson (Post 2047192)
Novak is the player everyone likes to hate and I'm sure most of us like hating him.

surely you are putting a lot of effort into trying to emphesize that. :twisted:

good thing that you have your legend status here to abuse telling us what should we do and who should we hate.

federer envies me 01-27-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leublu tennis (Post 2047159)
Djokovic, by far. He seems to be such a likeable person. Very much like Baghdatis. He has a real personality and its a pleasure to watch him on the court.

i hate djokovic. he seems very cocky and arragent unlike bagdahtis

0range 01-27-2008 01:22 PM

Grimjack your comments re. Nadal is so personal and hateful, what did the guy ever do to you?

Some of the words you used are really uncalled for. Geez.

Moses Man 01-27-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimjack (Post 2047221)
Last - Nadal. He cheats. Plain and simple. He knows he does it, he's been called on it, and he continues to abuse his position of power as a recognizable face in a struggling sport. Stalls, solicits coaching, and is always ready with his pre-tournament pseudo-injury excuse..."just in case." He's clearly not very bright, and it comes through in his duh-duh interviews, where he can barely piece together thoughts in the lingua franca of competitive tennis -- English. It's the sport that pays your bills, assclown -- learn the language and grow up. He's filthy, always coming on the court with greasy hippie hair. And his effeminate clothing, demeanor, and lifestyle are all bad influences on impressionable young viewers.

Whoa now, I think that's crossing the line.

Just because English is not his first language, and/or that he struggles with English, you claim that he's not very bright? As far as your statement that "It's the sport that pays your bills" as a reason why he should learn English better--I'm pretty sure that Nadal is more focused on getting better at playing the sport that pays his bills. Very prudent of him, and intelligent, I might add. In addition, stooping to the level of using personal epithets is never a classy act...

I wonder where you would rank in a "Which member of TTW do you like best as a person?" poll ;)

flyer 01-27-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

1. Federer. Fed plays fairly and competes hard. He answers questions honestly, if a bit brashly from time to time. Is never crude or unkind, however -- simply his blunt, analytical Swiss demeanor. He comports himself in a gentlemanly manner, and seems to have his life stable and together off the court.

2. Djokovic. Is a bit of a clown, but good-naturedly so. Comes off as a bit uneven, personality-wise, which is understandable. On the one hand, he's clearly a jovial, good-natured competitor, but on the other, he's clearly intense and doesn't like it when things aren't going his way. Typical of a young, talented, intelligent man trying to find the balance between greatness and graciousness. Takes advantage of the rules in a way that pushes his opponents, and I'd like to see less of this from him as he matures.

3. Nobody belongs at #3, as the gap between the first two and the last is so big.

What is it about Nadal's clothing, lifestye, and demeanor that are bad for young viewers?

Morrissey 01-27-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

You should be banned because you write useless posts and that qualifies for spamming.

10nisDude~ 01-27-2008 01:30 PM

^ thats tru...he had no excuse when he lost to tsonga...look tennis is a world sport...it is very common that a person from a non-speaking english country struggles to speak it...there are probably worse players on the tour who cant speak english...and u also go into his look, it wut he prefers...did he do anythin horrible to u??

Morrissey 01-27-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyer (Post 2047300)
What is it about Nadal's clothing, lifestye, and demeanor that are bad for young viewers?

He's a hater plain and simple and trust me, the more Joker beats up on Fed the more he'll hate Joker as well. He's also dumb. What about Nadal's lifestyle? He lives in the same home in Mallorca with his family. Not controversial and always has great press conferences, gives hjis opponents credit, wins grand slams and works his *** off. Yeah, what a terrible role model. Grimjack you're a waste of posting space. :-)

MichaelChang 01-27-2008 01:32 PM

Djoko doesn't show respect to Fed and Nadal. Both Fed and Nadal shows enough respect to each other. For that matter, I can not bear with Djoko's cocky attitute, have to say like Fed the best, then Nadal.

daddy 01-27-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrissey (Post 2047313)
You should be banned because you write useless posts and qualifies for spamming.

Then , so many people here do the same thing ( I dont think he did it, he stated what he think ) that the whole board should be shut down ? ;)

Do I need to write down just the thread names today as a proof for this or will you believe me ?