Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are your Music workout tracks at the moment? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=179827)

rosewall4ever 02-06-2008 05:08 PM

What are your Music workout tracks at the moment?

To stay motivated what do you tune into?:)

List your tracks/albums that you currently dig :)

My 'dance' list..
Initial D D Non-stopmega Mix 2nd stage
Initial D Super Euro Best
Initial D Selection 2
Initial D Special stage OST
Initial D fourth Stage Selection

:)

Max Winther 02-07-2008 02:14 PM

The clang of the plates and my own breathing.

Seriously, I cannot work out listening to music. I just can't concentrate on my breathing, how many reps I've done, whether or not I'm using perfect form, etc.
Once, I listened to some new Jack Johnson while I was lifting...baaaaaaaaadddddddd idea. I was too busy enjoying the music that I forgot to breath correctly. Next thing you know, I'm blacking out, hearing things that aren't there, and hunched over a trash can.

When I'm doing cardio, however, I like some fast paced rap, hip - hop, or any alternative. T.I. is one of my favorites right now, always has been, but now more than usual. Rage Against The Machine has some pretty heavy tracks that bump up your intensity.

iradical18 02-07-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Winther (Post 2075584)
The clang of the plates and my own breathing.

Seriously, I cannot work out listening to music. I just can't concentrate on my breathing, how many reps I've done, whether or not I'm using perfect form, etc.
Once, I listened to some new Jack Johnson while I was lifting...baaaaaaaaadddddddd idea. I was too busy enjoying the music that I forgot to breath correctly. Next thing you know, I'm blacking out, hearing things that aren't there, and hunched over a trash can.

When I'm doing cardio, however, I like some fast paced rap, hip - hop, or any alternative. T.I. is one of my favorites right now, always has been, but now more than usual. Rage Against The Machine has some pretty heavy tracks that bump up your intensity.

You black out if you don't breath correctly when lifting? You should see a doctor. I usually don't listen to music when I am lifting, just during cardio. At the moment I'm listening to the new Silverchair Album , Queens of the Stone Age and some Anthony Hamilton.

richw76 02-07-2008 03:41 PM

I miss my old crappy high school gym. All the weigths and equipment was rusted. It was small and smelly with no cardio gear, and always had metal playing. Metal isn't my favorite but it'll get you pumped up for a heavy lift. My current Big box soccer mom gym usually has Celine dion, etc blasting.

My Ipod is all metal, "crunk music" , and Rocky (survivor-Eye of the Tiger) and (Eye of the Tiger Tecno Remix) . Hey Don't judge me man that tecno remix is getting me through my cardio.

Max Winther 02-07-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iradical18 (Post 2075600)
You black out if you don't breath correctly when lifting? You should see a doctor. I usually don't listen to music when I am lifting, just during cardio. At the moment I'm listening to the new Silverchair Album , Queens of the Stone Age and some Anthony Hamilton.

Well, that was the only time it has happened, and I was lifting with horrible technique and not taking ample rest time in between sets. But I do think that being distracted by music makes me breath incorrectly, and not focus on my workout.

stormholloway 02-07-2008 08:51 PM

I only listen to Pacific Humpback mating calls.

zapvor 02-07-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormholloway (Post 2076339)
I only listen to Pacific Humpback mating calls.

lol. at least you work out. oops...

Babb 02-12-2008 06:18 PM

I listen to metal...

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN 02-12-2008 06:19 PM

I put the Ipod on shuffle and go about my business.

onehandbh 02-14-2008 07:12 AM

I have a whole boat load of mp3's I listen to. Kind of varied.
everything from Amy Winehouse to Ibrahim Ferrer to 2pac.

Julieta 02-14-2008 03:50 PM

Currently Tupac also and Franz Ferdinand.

Tempest344 02-14-2008 06:30 PM

Iron Maiden and......Iron Maiden..yes..thats it

Vermillion 02-14-2008 06:33 PM

Guilty Gear XX

quicken 02-14-2008 06:44 PM

Classics.
Orchestra and all.
Mozart, simply the best.

ogruskie 02-21-2008 05:56 PM

I never listen to music during cardio or weight lifting. However when I'm in my room doing push-ups, core exercises, and leg exercises, I listen to Apartment 26, Porcupine Tree, Muse, Celldweller, Zeromancer; hard rock to make my ears bleed. It really helps pushing out those last tough reps.

altodds 02-21-2008 09:44 PM

Only listens to Prog rock, or Jazz-fusion

adams_1 02-22-2008 02:09 AM

Listen to the Led Zeppelin classic Achilles Last Stand. It actually sounds like running :D

Leelord337 02-22-2008 03:22 AM

Gotta have the Alice Deejay (better off alone), some ATB (don't stop, Ectasy, til i come) + lots of other random stuff

Just Added La Bouche: Be My Lover

hollywood9826 02-22-2008 04:15 AM

Any list is not completewithout "Dem Bones" by Alice in Chains

timokabo 02-22-2008 09:04 AM

i have 19000+ songs on my ipod and i just put it on shuffle and go to town