Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Talk Tennis Updates (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Automatic log out (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=181167)

kairosntx 02-14-2008 09:13 PM

Automatic log out

When I log on to TT the first thing I do is check my subscribed threads then I go through the new posts. I am always sidetracked doing something and end up getting logged out. When I log back in and go back to new posts, I am only getting the new posts since I was logged out.

Is there a way to check for all new posts in the last say 4, 8 or 12 hours? If not, can this feature be added?

kairosntx 02-28-2008 11:36 PM

I am getting so tired of being logged out. Is the time set by the mods or is there a setting on my end I can change? I haven't logged in in 24 hours so there are a couple of pages of 'new posts' to go through. Then I get logged off and of course when I log back on there are only 15 new posts for me to read. aaarrrrggghhhh :(

Sentinel 02-29-2008 12:08 AM

hey kairo, when yuo login there's a checkbox saying something like "keep me logged in" or "remember me".
Check that.

Also, ensure that COOKIES are allowed by your browser. I mean chocolate chip cookies and such like :-D

kairosntx 02-29-2008 12:11 AM

there's no such thing as a bad chocolate chip cookie. Thanks sentinel!

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis 06-10-2008 07:18 PM

I am finding this especially irritating when you are writing a reply on a thread and within minutes, and seriously, its no more than 4 or 5 when I am typing...as I go to submit reply I find I have been logged out. My response has been totally deleted. I understand the website is trying to push off the ones just sitting and doing nothing, but if you have logged in and are replying and in a reply box which I know has HTML to post it anyway or some such, why are you logged out before you can click submit??? And even if so, why is your whole writing deleted? Because I know you can set the page options to just say "Session timed out" or something but your words are still their so you can copy and paste or save them or something. This is very frustrating. I've gone from being logged in for almost a week by clicking remember me, to just logging in a few minutes and trying to answer something but not having clicked the box and being kicked off and losing everything I've typed.

And just for the record, I have all cookies accepted on my computer, so that's not a problem of something not being recognized after some minutes.

goldenyama 06-20-2009 02:45 AM

I have cookies allowed and I tick the box that says remember me but I am always getting logged out too. It is really annoying to have to log in 5+ times a night.

alienhamster 06-29-2009 06:22 PM

I echo the frustrations here. In general, I love this forum. But I HATE the logout feature. It's WAY too fast, and it shouldn't happen so often while I'm simply typing post-responses to people. I wish they could extend the time on it.

TsongaEatingAPineappleLol 07-01-2009 06:53 PM

[quote=kairosntx;2091770]I am always sidetracked doing something and end up getting logged out.

I agree, it happens to me a lot too. On my school computers as a matter of fact, it gets me logged out extremely often. Maybe it does have something to do with cookies...

(No sexual reference intended :))

TBobLP 07-02-2009 09:53 AM

that's so strange, guys. not even exaggerating at all...ive only ever logged in once on my computer, and that was when i signed up. i have NEVER been automatically logged out (never did it myself for that matter)

jjs891 05-31-2010 04:34 PM

Yeah it's kind of funny that on one laptop I can be logged on forever, but on another I get logged off every 5 minutes or so. I don't know what I'm doing different.

Gemini 06-04-2010 08:03 AM

I have/had the same issue. Just as a test, I started using the Firefox browser to log in instead of I.E. Using Firefox seems to have fixed the issue as I can leave the site, close the browser then restart everything and I'm still logged in. Sounds like some sort of browser incompatibility created through a Microsoft update (lack thereof) on my end.

JoelDali 06-04-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemini (Post 4728403)
I have/had the same issue. Just as a test, I started using the Firefox browser to log in instead of I.E. Using Firefox seems to have fixed the issue as I can leave the site, close the browser then restart everything and I'm still logged in. Sounds like some sort of browser incompatibility created through a Microsoft update (lack thereof) on my end.

No, FF just does a better job of passing saved credentials.

Gemini 06-10-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelDali (Post 4729079)
No, FF just does a better job of passing saved credentials.

Hmmm...well, whatever it does. It's solved my logout issues.

eidolonshinobi 03-11-2011 08:33 AM

Click "Remember Me"

athiker 03-11-2011 09:18 AM

Its a computer issue with your computer and good luck solving it. I don't mean that in a mean way, its just I've been there and its frustrating. I checked every cookie and security setting...nothing. The problem was occurring with several sites and I also had some shopping cart issues. Sometimes it seemed only certain sites were affected.

I even uninstalled and reinstalled both my browsers to no avail. The only thing that fixed it for me was when I upgraded my hardrive and reinstalled everything! I still don't know what the problem was. Obviously some setting somewhere got changed or some file corrupted. It was happening with both IE and Chrome. Meanwhile the computer sitting right next to it had no problems whatsoever.

It can assure you it is not a Tennis-warehouse issue as I can't even recall the last time I had to log into this site. I've been logged in continuously for months.

origmarm 03-17-2011 12:52 AM

I have a tech sitting opposite so I asked him about this and he said the following:
Vbulletin allows user timeout. This is typically set low (i.e. a few minutes). Normally this can be overridden by a cookie (what the remember me box does)

If you have this box checked and it's not working it's likely one of three things:
- Your browser is not set to accept cookies
- You are browsing in "private mode" or your browser is not set to store history
- Your browser is set to clear history on exit and is clearing the cookies down on every tab/window close. Common in shared sites like schools/libraries etc...
- Some browsers have a "resubmit info on refresh" setting that is set to off. This will ignore the cookie and prompt for credentials on every page refresh for some vbulletin installations

Hope it helps someone..

Orig

OldButGame 03-22-2011 02:22 PM

I use I.E. and i can open TT and be signed in anytime, but i have the 'remember me' function checked. What I CANT do (and i think this is partly what people refer to) is have my new subscribed threads keep showing for very long. If I leave for any amount of time,...when i come back all the new threads that WERE there,...are now gone,..with it saying..."there are no new threads for this time period",....before i had a chance to read them....:( then I get to try to track them down,......grrrrr:mad:

srinrajesh 05-17-2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemini (Post 4728403)

i am having problem logging in firefox as well .. have to enter 5 /6 times before i log in everyday how do i resolve the problem

Rusty669 05-18-2012 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srinrajesh (Post 6541116)
i am having problem logging in firefox as well .. have to enter 5 /6 times before i log in everyday how do i resolve the problem

Yeah, I am experiencing the exact same problem. I need to type in my username and password 4 times in a row before I get logged in. It's a real pain, and I don't know what the reason for this is...It has happened over night, about 2- 3 weeks ago. Any computer expert got an explanation?