Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Losing Weight is slow (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=183536)

montx 02-28-2008 11:50 PM

Losing Weight is slow

I was really happy as I thought after the month of Jan, after much a rigorous regimen, my weight loss tallyed 5lbs which is roughly 2 1/2 KG. Sadly my februrary leaves me at weight unchanged 5lbs down from my results of Jan.

So I am still 205 down from 210 and disillusionned because it feels like im way off. I'd hoped to be 200 by now.

auzzieizm 02-29-2008 03:04 AM

what are you doing to promote weight loss?

montx 02-29-2008 08:29 AM

tennis cardio mainly.

iradical18 02-29-2008 08:49 AM

What exactly is tennis cardio? You should start writing down what you eat throughout the day, most people completely underestimate how many calories they are taking in. I doubt you have hit a plateau after just one month but maybe you should switch up your workouts, I don't know what tennis cardio is but it probably doesn't work as well as HIIT does. Are you doing any strength training as part of your weight loss program?

The_Spartan 02-29-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montx (Post 2125858)
tennis cardio mainly.

I feel like a broken record

Forget about weight loss; most likely that was all water weight. Your focus should be on Fat Loss.

Here is a link that has benefitted me greatly; the eBook was worth every penny.

http://www.burnthefat.com/

It will tell you exactly how and what you need to do; you'll see massive results inside of 8 weeks.

iradical18 02-29-2008 09:14 AM

I've heard about that Burn the Fat e-book before. The way the site hypes it up seems like it might be a scam. Is there any good info in it? If you're out there Ano I'd like to know if you've heard of this guy too.

FedererISBetter 03-01-2008 06:55 PM

A good way to lose weight fast through experience is from loads of hitting the gym ( cardio, core, and weights ) for me... but most important is your diet.
I did 20 min of 65%-80% runs
but basically I was able to lose enough to up my tennis more,, dont forget I gained some muscle... how much I do not know.
I used to go everyday for about 3 hrs, now its 3-4x/ week for 2-3hrs

rosewall4ever 03-01-2008 07:47 PM

just focusing on you regime, you haven't described it(tennis cardio = intensive tennis:confused:) but i believe variety is the key to weight loss since the body quickly adjusts to routine and therefore effort is reduced during training.when you feel its getting easy then its time for a change. some change up weekly/biweekly. A great way to introduce variety is doing intervals which focus on changing intensity during routine...its scientifically proven to reduce weight loss...many have discussed it in this forumn.the main premise to weight loss101 is to expend more energy than energy intake..its recommended that 1kg/wk loss is good...becoming like the biggest loser will result to just flabby skin ;)

blubber 03-02-2008 02:20 PM

Focus on what you eat. It's the most important part of weight loss.

Most people kid themselves and cheat.

The weight will come off if you follow a healthy, low carb diet.

Look for posts by Ano and Chess9.

I find the paleo way of eating to be very effective. Only eat what a cave man would eat. It works but I don't follow it; I give in to junk food.

stormholloway 03-02-2008 02:35 PM

Don't live by the scale. I think scales can work against you, especially when used so often.

Focus on your determination to stay healthy. Think of your weight loss as a bonus side effect to this effort rather than the say-all end-all.

Ocean Drive 03-02-2008 03:23 PM

Lower your calories by 500 from what you normally eat, then the next month lower it down another 500.

Cardio is the way to go, mainly running.

Ano 03-02-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iradical18 (Post 2125953)
I've heard about that Burn the Fat e-book before. The way the site hypes it up seems like it might be a scam. Is there any good info in it? If you're out there Ano I'd like to know if you've heard of this guy too.

I highly recommend BURN THE FAT, FEED THE MUSCLE e book by Tom Venutto.

I agree, the book is worth every penny. The e-book is certainly NOT a scam.

It's the best selling fat loss e-book.

iradical18 03-02-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ano (Post 2130328)
I highly recommend BURN THE FAT, FEED THE MUSCLE e book by Tom Venutto.

I agree, the book is worth every penny. The e-book is certainly NOT a scam.

It's the best selling fat loss e-book.

Thanks Ano! I'll be sure to look in to it.

montx 03-06-2008 09:02 PM

Tennis then biking is cardio and weights and little interval training.

superman1 03-07-2008 12:21 AM

Your waist size and how you look in the mirror is a better indicator, but if you're doing mainly cardio, you should be losing more than 5 pounds in a month. Monitor your diet.

montx 03-07-2008 05:30 AM

I need to drop like a good 15lbs from my abs.