Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Never been to a pro event. Are seat first come first served (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=1845)

Robert Jones 03-22-2004 06:07 PM

Never been to a pro event. Are seat first come first served

I was thinking of checking out one of the ATP stops in Ohio. I have never been to a Pro event. Are the seats reserved or first come first serve basis?

Any helpful information would be appreciated that would make my first
event as enjoyable as possible. Which days are best to go to get a good look at the Pros?

I guess I would rather see a no name Pro up close than see Roddick in the nose bleed section.

guernica1 03-22-2004 06:32 PM

If you want to be close up then pay minimum bucks and go to the early rounds. You won't want to be in the stadium is what it sounds like to me.

In rounds 1-2 you will get to see more variety of matches and practice sessions than you can probably handle. By around Quarterfinals time in the Masters Series all the matches are in stadium so unless you are very rich or have access to company box seats or you are a players' coach and family you may want to take that into consideration.

sseemiller 03-22-2004 07:35 PM

I can give you lots of hints on this stuff, as I've been going to pro events for years. Please e-mail me if you'd like further info. I've been to Cincy, so I can give you info on that particular event.

Deuce 03-22-2004 08:59 PM

Generally speaking for Masters level tournaments, the reserved seating is for the main stadium only. On other courts, it's random seating - sit anywhere you can.

As guernica1 said, the early rounds are best. There are more players around, and more things are going on. If you wait until the Thursday or Friday, there's little, if anything, happening outside of the main court.

alienhamster 03-22-2004 10:18 PM

If you're going to Cincy (which I highly recommend), go to the day sessions on Tuesday or Wednesday. Nights are fun, but there are so many more matches to choose from during the day. You'll get a reserved seat that's some distance away from the court in the main stadium, but you'll get access to courtside seats on every other court (as long as you claim a spot early enough). I was about 6 feet away from Federer, Ferrero, El Ayanoui on the grandstand court last year. Awesome, and totally worth the price.

Feel free to ask more questions.

alienhamster 03-22-2004 10:21 PM

Whoa--they just censored the word c-o-u-r-t-s-i-d-e in my last post. Very weird.

Another correction--I saw Ferrero on the grandstand 2 years ago. Unfortunately, I think Federer and Roddick will only be on the main court this year, but you never know. If Agassi plays, he will displace other top players onto other courts sometimes.