Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Kind of intrgued by LaserFibre Laser Tour (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=198729)

Casco 05-20-2008 05:52 PM

Kind of intrgued by LaserFibre Laser Tour
 
I'm a co-poly user, usually ALU Power, but I experiment all the time (right now I've got Weiss Cannon Silverstring 17 in the mains of a weighted up Extreme Pro, and ALU rough in the crosses). Anyway, I heard that LaserFibre holds tension remarkable well, because compared to other multis, which are bonded togther with resin, LaserFibre fuses filaments together with the laser's heat. Because tension loss in multis is greatly influenced by the resin, LaserFibre has less tension loss because resin isn't used. This is what I've gathered, at least. I've also been told that LaserFibre Laser Tour is their stiffest string, and I'm guessing that's because the description says it has a solid co-poly core. So it sounds intruiging. Anyone have any experience with this? If so, could you compare to ALU? Also, I heard LaserFibre has a rough/textured string that sounds great for crosses.

Jerry Seinfeld 05-21-2008 03:23 AM

LaserFibre's string is imported and then laser treated when it arrives in the USA. It comes with the resins out of the overseas factory. So resin is used, but the laser treatments seek to enhance the binding process.

LaserTour is a solid core synthetic gut. It is not as stiff as any of the copolyesters. Many of us use the term "copoly" to refer to the new blends used with the polyesters. Technically I suppose we should find a new term as it can be confusing. In LF's description of their strings they describe the cores as "copoly" meaning "many polymers." The polymers in the synthetic strings are NOT polyester and the performance is not the same.

LF does make a string called RuffCut, but they do not sell it except in hybrid with their Kryptonite...they call the blend "Superblend." The Ruffcut, due to the outer shell, is the stiffest of all laser treated strings which do not include the polyesters and kevlar they carry. The later are stiffer still.

LaserTour is actually pretty comfortable, not really stiff, but crisp. I can't label it as stiff.

Casco 05-21-2008 06:52 PM

Thanks! Later, I posted my question, I did a little research ad learnedthat LF Kryptonite is actually SPPP. The combo of this with Ruff Cut is probabay very nice.

makey98 02-27-2009 01:26 PM

I tried the laserfibre syn gut classic and liked the tight feel. It feel great when hit dead on, but I found it unforgiving on even slighty off center volley's and groundstrokes, so I went back to nxt tour. I am currently getting the laser tour strung right now, any other thoughs on this?? I was under the impression it was a softer string...

Il Mostro 02-27-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casco (Post 2356318)
Thanks! Later, I posted my question, I did a little research ad learnedthat LF Kryptonite is actually SPPP. The combo of this with Ruff Cut is probabay very nice.

Source? <ten>

lgbalfa 02-07-2012 05:11 PM

is the laser tour a synthetic gut string?

rofl_copter3 02-07-2012 05:22 PM

Is laserfiber even shipping string? I have always heart you can't get string from them...

parasailing 02-07-2012 08:52 PM

They rip you off. Check others who have tried to get their product. Again, not sure why a company with such a good product does this to their customers.

lgbalfa 02-07-2012 08:55 PM

i am looking at the package and it does not indicate the gauge.

weird.

kmadonna 10-05-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Seinfeld (Post 2354416)
LaserFibre's string is imported and then laser treated when it arrives in the USA. It comes with the resins out of the overseas factory. So resin is used, but the laser treatments seek to enhance the binding process.

LaserTour is a solid core synthetic gut. It is not as stiff as any of the copolyesters. Many of us use the term "copoly" to refer to the new blends used with the polyesters. Technically I suppose we should find a new term as it can be confusing. In LF's description of their strings they describe the cores as "copoly" meaning "many polymers." The polymers in the synthetic strings are NOT polyester and the performance is not the same.

LF does make a string called RuffCut, but they do not sell it except in hybrid with their Kryptonite...they call the blend "Superblend." The Ruffcut, due to the outer shell, is the stiffest of all laser treated strings which do not include the polyesters and kevlar they carry. The later are stiffer still.

LaserTour is actually pretty comfortable, not really stiff, but crisp. I can't label it as stiff.

Mr. Seinfield - I am looking for information on some of the what I assume is discontinued Laserfibre strings. Can you email me off-line. My email is kmadonna at kennedymadonna dot com. Thanks!

pvaudio 10-05-2012 05:40 AM

^^^ My friend, you realize this thread is literally four and a half years old, right?

Mongolmike 10-05-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvaudio (Post 6936966)
^^^ My friend, you realize this thread is literally four and a half years old, right?

It's all good. He fixed his flux capacitor.

kmadonna 10-05-2012 06:07 AM

I am aware. I've also noticed that you have posted some information on this string as well. Do you happen to know what happened to the company? Thanks.

pvaudio 10-05-2012 07:06 AM

I know nothing about this string in particular, only have experience with their flagship multi. And nope, they just dried up. Probably screwing over too many people caught up with them.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse