Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Looking for courts/clubs in Bangkok (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=198844)

sunflowerhx 05-21-2008 09:38 AM

Looking for courts/clubs in Bangkok

Hi all,

Just relocated to Bangkok, starting a new job next month.

Come anyone recommend some courts or clubs near Sathorn area if possible.

Would prefer hard courts and indoor if possible.

Please email directly to sunflowerhx@gmail.com

Thanks
Jason

ericsson 05-21-2008 12:13 PM

Contact guys like Anirut or Paulfreda, they will tell you where to go.

sunflowerhx 05-22-2008 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericsson (Post 2355487)
Contact guys like Anirut or Paulfreda, they will tell you where to go.

I have but no reply. :(
Anirut doesn't have email reply setup.

ericsson 05-22-2008 09:37 AM

Jason, take a look here:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...light=thailand

shintan17 06-02-2008 10:36 AM

Hey, Jason. I am also just relocated to Bangkok last week. I've send you an email already. I am also looking for some regular hitting partner. Hit me back at shintan17@hotmail.com or sales@shintangolf.com

Thanks.

sn1974 06-06-2008 01:35 AM

hey guys, i've been working in bangkok for a few years. if you're looking for someone to hit with let me know!

as far as i know, there are NO indoor courts in the city! all of the ones listed below are hardcourts (aside from them, there are a handful of other courts i know of but have never played at):

Soi 26 -- book in advance, 250 baht per hour. also there are some great knockers and coaches here. courts just moved about 100 meters from old location, so brand new.

Tobacco Monopoly -- book in advance, 90 baht per hour but i think you need a Thai national to book it, i play there with my (Thai) coach. courts a little worse for the wear but totally chilled out place to play and super inexpensive

Conrad Hotel -- book in advance, 500 baht per day. two courts, in shade.

Nai Lert Park Hotel -- book in advance, i think it's 500 baht per day for visitors, we joined for the courts and proximity, it's actually very reasonably priced and a very nice pool, too! two courts, well maintained.

tangoll 06-17-2008 03:21 PM

tennis courts in Bangkok

In addition to those listed above:

1. Princess Patumwan hotel, next to MBK shopping mall, at BTS National Stadium station. 500 baht/day visitor's fee if not a member of club. Two carpeted courts, not well maintained but decent condtion.

2. Asia Hotel, one court, next to BTS Ratchethewi station. Don't know condition, but probably not good.

3. British Club, Silom Road Soi 18, 2 hard courts and 2 carpet courts, but undergoing repaving of concrete undersurface of the 2 carpet courts. Join as member or find member to bring you to play there.

4. Royal Sports Club, Grand Hyatt Erawan, Holiday Inn Silom -- no current info. Plus several newer condo complexes would have their own tennis court.

bentenniscoach 08-31-2011 05:23 PM

Hi all,

I know the post is old but if you still need tennis lessons, I propose my services.

I’m a French tennis coach, with 14 years experience, and I propose to run the best quality tennis classes in your condo (or free court available) in Bangkok, tailored to your expectations.

Begin, improve, and enjoy learning with me!

Feel free to contact me for information (lessons or not) on ben.tenniscoachinbangkok@gmail.com or on my phone 0849 722 644.

Ben

bentenniscoach 01-17-2012 07:41 PM

Are you still looking for private tennis lessons in Bangkok?

Do you need private tennis lessons for kids or adults in Bangkok?

Even the post is old, I take advantage of this one to propose my services:

Iím a French tennis coach, with 14 years experience.
I propose to run the best quality tennis classes tailored to your expectations (technical, tactical, fitness, discovered).
I teach in French or English in your residence (condominium or public court) or on my court nearby Sathorn / Silom.

Feel free to contact me for a trial lesson or to have information on ben.tenniscoachinbangkok@gmail.com or on my phone 0849 722 644

peoplespeace 01-18-2012 09:08 AM

i played at indoor courts some 3 yrs ago. It was in a high rise building on the 3rd and 4th floors (4 courts). It was raining torrentially outside, quite amazing since there were no windows and gusts would throw in a few littres of water every now and then. They also had pool, badminton, gym and coaches and knockers. It was in a side street to the big famous street where the BTS runs. It was just by the station that has the name and location of one of the fancy shopping malls! :)

The monthly membership fee including free access to the courts etc was quite cheap, some 100 usd i think.

paulfreda 04-23-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peoplespeace (Post 6240856)
i played at indoor courts some 3 yrs ago. It was in a high rise building on the 3rd and 4th floors (4 courts). It was raining torrentially outside, quite amazing since there were no windows and gusts would throw in a few littres of water every now and then. They also had pool, badminton, gym and coaches and knockers. It was in a side street to the big famous street where the BTS runs. It was just by the station that has the name and location of one of the fancy shopping malls! :)

The monthly membership fee including free access to the courts etc was quite cheap, some 100 usd i think.

You are probably talking about RacquetClub Soi 49.
It is near the Emporium shopping center at the Prom Phong BTS stop.
They have a shuttle bus from the BTS [Soi 35] to the club every hour and sometimes twice hourly.
Yearly tennis membership is 22000Baht at present.
That is less than 2000B/month; quite inexpensive considering they have a full fitness center with trainers on staff, 2 large olympic pools, 10 or so badmitton courts and 6 squash courts, free parking and a rock climbing facility too.

There are 8 indoor tennis courts.
Very nice if it rains or is too hot in the sun.

Sorry I never saw this thread when the OP posted.

ericsson 04-24-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulfreda (Post 6482805)
You are probably talking about RacquetClub Soi 49.
It is near the Emporium shopping center at the Prom Phong BTS stop.
They have a shuttle bus from the BTS [Soi 35] to the club every hour and sometimes twice hourly.
Yearly tennis membership is 22000Baht at present.
That is less than 2000B/month; quite inexpensive considering they have a full fitness center with trainers on staff, 2 large olympic pools, 10 or so badmitton courts and 6 squash courts, free parking and a rock climbing facility too.

There are 8 indoor tennis courts.
Very nice if it rains or is too hot in the sun.

Sorry I never saw this thread when the OP posted.

Good to know guys, something i have to check out next time i'm in BKK.
is there a rate per hour too or just (monthly) membership?

paulfreda 04-24-2012 11:46 PM

RacquetClub49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericsson (Post 6484869)
Good to know guys, something i have to check out next time i'm in BKK.
is there a rate per hour too or just (monthly) membership?

You can join for one month for 4000Baht.
Here is the pricing page.
http://www.rqclub.com/pricing.htm
Hourly rates are there too, but rather high.
Courts are in excellent shape and all indoor.
Membership includes full fitness center access, swimming, etc.

ericsson 04-25-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulfreda (Post 6486932)
You can join for one month for 4000Baht.
Here is the pricing page.
http://www.rqclub.com/pricing.htm
Hourly rates are there too, but rather high.
Courts are in excellent shape and all indoor.
Membership includes full fitness center access, swimming, etc.

Thanks Paul!

bentenniscoach 06-13-2012 08:34 PM

Hi all,
if you are still looking a tennis coach (with a court nearby Sathorn/Sukhumvit), i propose my lessons.
I’m a French tennis coach, with 14 years experience.
I propose to give my best classes tailored to your expectations (technical, tactical, fitness, discovered).
I teach in French or English in your residence (condominium or public court) or on my court nearby Sathorn / Silom.

Feel free to contact me for a trial lesson or to have information on ben.tenniscoachinbangkok@gmail.com or on my phone 0849 722 644

Chotobaka 06-14-2012 05:23 PM

Anyone getting down to Pataya should check out facilities in nearby in Jomtien. ATP, senior and junior tournaments are regularly held here. See www.jomtientennis.com for starters.

JUAN_PRADO 07-03-2012 12:49 PM

tennis in bangkok

Hi i recomended you this tennis academy , the director is a personal friend , he works for many years in Bollettieri tennis academy , a uses a spanish methods . at present day Frank is a TV star in Spain because he is the driver of a TV program in prime time in 4 channel , the program is about advantures into the jungle with teh wild life of the asiatic south , in your academy trains in some times Guillermo Vilas when Guillermo are in Thailand