Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Federer and Paganini (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=204769)

Marius_Hancu 06-20-2008 01:55 PM

Federer and Paganini

Interesting article at Big W site:
----------
Yet his overall fitness remains supreme, even if his elegance of movement means few appreciate just how fit he is. He seldom gets injured and is phenomenally quick around the court.

Much of the credit for that goes to his fitness trainer Pierre Paganini, a 51-year-old former decathlete and football player, who has been working with Federer on and off for more than 10 years.

They met when Paganini ran the physical side of the Tennis …tudes academy for promising young players in Lausanne, where Federer went as a 14 year old.

In 2000, feeling the need for some professional back-up to help him to the top of the game, Federer enlisted Paganiniís help for 100 days a year.

Paganini only agreed to work with Federer if he was allowed to shape the playerís tournament schedule and diet, as well as run the physical fitness sessions.

Paganini normally takes Federer out of the tennis circuit for three blocks of three weeks each year, doing gym work, on-court exercises and specific physiotherapeutic training to prevent injuries.

This year, they worked slightly differently, with Paganini taking Federer for four blocks of four days in December, February, March and April, with the aim of having him in peak fitness for the final weekend of the French Open.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...351351381.html
----------

Klatu Verata Necktie 06-20-2008 02:08 PM

Great post. I clicked on it expecting to find an esoteric comparison between Federer and the virtuoso violinist/composer Nicolo Paganini. What I found was far more relavent.

With all the muscles I've been pulling lately, I'd benefit greatly from some of Mr. Pagannini's preventative advise.

watermantra 06-20-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klatu Verata Necktie (Post 2444698)
Great post. I clicked on it expecting to find an esoteric comparison between Federer and the virtuoso violinist/composer Nicolo Paganini. What I found was far more relavent.

With all the muscles I've been pulling lately, I'd benefit greatly from some of Mr. Pagannini's preventative advise.

Ditto. But the Nicolo reference wouldn't be too far off...

Klatu Verata Necktie 06-20-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watermantra (Post 2444749)
Ditto. But the Nicolo reference wouldn't be too far off...

Quick . . .
Creative . . .
Versatile . . .
Towers above his contemporaries . . .
Lauded for his mastery of both finesse and power . . .

Who does this describe?

watermantra 06-20-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klatu Verata Necktie (Post 2444968)
Quick . . .
Creative . . .
Versatile . . .

Who does this describe?

Wait. I know this one. Huey Lewis? No, that's not it. Um...Fidel Castro? Nope, too old... I'll get it in just a minute...give me some time. Stephen Spielberg?...

tbini87 06-20-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klatu Verata Necktie (Post 2444968)
Quick . . .
Creative . . .
Versatile . . .

Who does this describe?

Ron Jeremy?

Klatu Verata Necktie 06-21-2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watermantra (Post 2445149)
Wait. I know this one. Huey Lewis? No, that's not it. Um...Fidel Castro? Nope, too old... I'll get it in just a minute...give me some time. Stephen Spielberg?...

and the winner is . . . HUEY LEWIS!

I'll ask some of my Cuban friends down here in Miami about Fidel, and I'll get back to you ;)

Klatu Verata Necktie 06-21-2008 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbini87 (Post 2445705)
Ron Jeremy?

Ron Jeremy's description might go something like this:

Large . . .
Fat . . .
Engorged with blood . . .
Bends over his contemporaries.

RoddickAce 06-21-2008 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klatu Verata Necktie (Post 2444698)

LOLZ...same, I thoguht this thread was a comparison between Federer and the composer!:)

Topaz 06-21-2008 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoddickAce (Post 2445999)
LOLZ...same, I thoguht this thread was a comparison between Federer and the composer!:)

Me, too!!! :)