Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Please help with new machine (mp 7600) (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=206386)

mdjenders 06-28-2008 11:39 AM

Please help with new machine (mp 7600)

Here is a quick video I put together of the issues I am having with my new MP 7600. I can't figure out the brake or cone-lock clamps, so please help me. Thanks.

http://vimeo.com/1245715

iplaybetter 06-28-2008 11:49 AM

try doing it without lifting, and also try doing a full rotation of each in the open direction

IceNineTX 06-28-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdjenders (Post 2469580)
Here is a quick video I put together of the issues I am having with my new MP 7600. I can't figure out the brake or cone-lock clamps, so please help me. Thanks.

http://vimeo.com/1245715

Could things have been locked down for shipping? Look for an allen wrench locking bolt on the base of the clamps. The Revo has a place to adjust tension on the swivel base. Mabye they just locked it down tight to keep it from moving during shipping.

Email James at MP if you need to. He's good about writing back. Maybe you can call too.

iplaybetter 06-28-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceNineTX (Post 2469605)
Could things have been locked down for shipping? Look for an allen wrench locking bolt on the base of the clamps. The Revo has a place to adjust tension on the swivel base. Mabye they just locked it down tight to keep it from moving during shipping.

Email James at MP if you need to. He's good about writing back. Maybe you can call too.

that adjustment is only for bases on the star 3, and its clones bases sucha s the ones on most profesional machines, the revo, my prince ...

mdjenders 06-28-2008 12:14 PM

the lever won't turn w/o lifting up. I tried one full rotation, and several more in the OPEN direction, and still nothing. underneath the turntable, I see a screw/nut holding the clamp in place.

YULitle 06-28-2008 02:49 PM

The locks should be able to turn without lifting. The lifting serves the function of a ratchet, should you have to use it. They may have been tighten more the typical for transportation, but the normal operation of the clamps is the turn the base lock WITHOUT lifting the handle.

Oh, and the tension mechanism shouldn't be "wiggly" while tensioning. If it is wiggly while locked out holding tension, then there is only a problem, IMO, if it wiggles along the direction of the string.

mdjenders 06-28-2008 03:11 PM

thanks for the help, guys! I had to turn very hard, but yes, I got the clamps unlocked by turning w/o lifting.

now, the brake handle does NOT turn without lifting. I hulked it with all my might, and nothing! I don't know how the internals of the brake mechanism look, so I am totally at a loss on that one.

iplaybetter 06-28-2008 06:41 PM

try a cheater-bar if you can

Max Winther 06-28-2008 06:53 PM

Yeah maybe get a piece of metal tubing or something to put over the handle of the turntable brake to act as a lever. get the lever in a position where you can push downward on it and basicially put all your weight on it. If that doesn't work, then I don't think anything will. maybe try to spray some WD-40 in the assembly? Good luck man.

Mansewerz 06-28-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Winther (Post 2470571)
Yeah maybe get a piece of metal tubing or something to put over the handle of the turntable brake to act as a lever. get the lever in a position where you can push downward on it and basicially put all your weight on it. If that doesn't work, then I don't think anything will. maybe try to spray some WD-40 in the assembly? Good luck man.

Careful though, you don't wanna break it.

Did you talk to MP yet?

And do the clamps work now?

mdjenders 06-28-2008 09:56 PM

I got everything working now. the brake is a long screw that is tightened by turning the handle. on the opposite side from the handle, the screw sticks out kind of far with a washer dangling out. when I got the machine, I thought that needed to be tightened flush with the machine, but that was my mistake. looks a bit odd sticking out like that, but works fine.

SonRK 06-28-2008 10:12 PM

How is the machine? I was just considering of purchasing this over the Alpha Revo 4000

mdjenders 06-28-2008 10:21 PM

I haven't strung any frames with it yet (just figured out how to operate these things today!), but the parts and finish look high quality, and the stand is nice and heavy. I have a slight defect on my brake that I emailed MP about, so hopefully that gets resolved quickly and I can get to stringing. I will be sure to post a full review once I have strung up a few frames with it!

Gimmick 06-29-2008 03:58 AM

The brake handle was drilled off center to give more room for the post to slide into the base without hitting the brake. That much is normal.

Loco4Tennis 06-29-2008 04:15 AM

what about the tensioning system and the wiggle you descrived, dids you get a chance to ask them(MP) about it?

mdjenders 06-29-2008 10:40 AM

Looks like my brake is perfectly normal. Great response from MP explaining everything. The off-center placement looks to be part of the way that the mechanism rotates the braking lock into the center post. I will try to string a few frames soon and post my review.