Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   asics shoe size? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=206795)

xpaulinabearx 06-30-2008 04:12 PM

asics shoe size?

What's the sizing for asic tennis shoes?
I'm a 7.5 in womens. Should I get half a size bigger?

curvefan 06-30-2008 04:28 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure about womens shoe sizing but in mens the Asics were true to size for me.

Some people are saying that if you have a very wide foot you might want to move up a half size. They also seem to think the Asics have a narrow toe box.

I just got my Asics and can tell you they fit me perfect. I ordered the same size as I do in other brands and there were no problems with the fit.

I also don't see the narrow toe box. I have a medium to slightly wide foot.

So, my advice would be to order the same size you always wear.

Good luck

xpaulinabearx 06-30-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curvefan (Post 2476607)
Hi,

I'm not sure about womens shoe sizing but in mens the Asics were true to size for me.

Some people are saying that if you have a very wide foot you might want to move up a half size. They also seem to think the Asics have a narrow toe box.

I just got my Asics and can tell you they fit me perfect. I ordered the same size as I do in other brands and there were no problems with the fit.

I also don't see the narrow toe box. I have a medium to slightly wide foot.

So, my advice would be to order the same size you always wear.

Good luck

Thanks alot (:

curvefan 06-30-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpaulinabearx (Post 2476790)
Thanks alot (:

You're welcome.

SJP 07-01-2008 02:00 PM

I went up a half size in the gel resolutions. My usual size did fit but was a bit snug. I've played in both pairs but I prefer the pair that is the half size up.

Storm_Kyori 07-01-2008 06:39 PM

I just got my Gel Challengers and I'm glad I went 1/2 size up. I have a medium to wide foot, but I like my toe to be a bit free to move, when they are snug I feel like I can't run properly. That's just me, 1/2 size up will probably make it more roomy, but it should be too bad lenth-wise I wear 11-12 depending on the shoe.

fms 03-27-2011 05:33 PM

BUMP.

Question: everyone says, for Asics, half a size up. Is this in comparison to one's regular shoe size, or to one's other sports shoes?
My regular size is (EUR) 43/43.5, but I just realized that my running shoes are 45 (but are a bit too big) and my old Adidas tennis shoes 45 1/3 even (which are snug, although I've got some room left at the front obviously).
However, I have regular Asics shoes too, one pair is 43.5, which just fits, the other is 44 which is just a bit larger and is perfect to wear. Since the latter is perfect, but is a regular shoe, should I get my Asics tennis shoes in 44 too, or go up?

You guessed it - first time trying to order shoes online! :)

Carolina Racquet 03-28-2011 02:36 AM

I think it depends on the model of Asics Shoe.

IMO, Gel Res 2 was true to size; Gel Challenger, narrower, need to go 1/2 size longer; Gel Game, true to size, but a bit snugger than GR 2.

fms 03-28-2011 04:50 AM

Thanks for your help! I'd go for the Gel Game 2 or 3, so now I'm doubting between 44, 44,5 and 45. It's all a bit confusing - I thought at least within one brand the shoe size would have been consistent!

Carolina Racquet 03-28-2011 05:04 AM

I think they are all the same basic LENGTH. I think the sizing issue is due to width and shoe box size attributed to each model.