Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   So my MP Titan 7600 came in (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=207741)

SonRK 07-05-2008 03:51 PM

So my MP Titan 7600 came in

And I have a problem with how one of the Center Support Adjustment Knob (A) doesn't move (B). The other one works just fine, but the other when you turn the knob just removes the knob and doesn't move the small vertical support knob.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/671/stringerfn5.jpg

It doesn't seem to be a big problem cause I can just adjust the one that does work, but I would like for both to work =/

Otherwise the machine appears to work just fine. Definitely enjoying fixed clamps and and crank tensioning system :D Much faster than dropweight with floating clamps :)

YULitle 07-05-2008 03:55 PM

What exactly happens with that one?

SonRK 07-05-2008 03:58 PM

The little knob comes right off... it's pretty much useless. No matter how tight I put it in or loose it just ends up coming off when I turn it counter-clockwise. The other knob actually moves the vertical adjuster.

SonRK 07-05-2008 06:15 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpj48kMGhVM

Here is a video showing my problem. It's easier to show this way :)

YULitle 07-05-2008 06:18 PM

Okay, the knob doesn't actually move the billiard. I know that it does on one side, and that is sort of an accident and won't last very long. You have to move the billiard yourself when unscrewing the knob. When tightening the knob, it has the post to go up against so there's no need to move it there. But, undoing the knob requires you to move it with your hand.

Mansewerz 07-05-2008 06:21 PM

Kind of dark, but I understand. I just dunno what to do LOL

Il Mostro 07-05-2008 06:24 PM

No offense intended, but that seems like a really crappy system, especially considering that is not one of MP's entry level machines. But I see that there are no springs to assist in actuating the clamps.

dancraig 07-05-2008 06:55 PM

I see. ______

YULitle 07-05-2008 07:13 PM

^^^ I don't think that there is anything wrong with the machine. The knob isn't supposed to be fixed in position (except of course when holding the racquet.)

SonRK 07-05-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YULitle (Post 2492838)
Okay, the knob doesn't actually move the billiard. I know that it does on one side, and that is sort of an accident and won't last very long. You have to move the billiard yourself when unscrewing the knob. When tightening the knob, it has the post to go up against so there's no need to move it there. But, undoing the knob requires you to move it with your hand.

I noticed that in your 6 point mounting video, that when you loosen the knob you can move the billiard. Does this mean I should contact MP about this concern?

I took out both knobs and the one that moves comes in and out easily, like in your 6 point mounting video. The one that you saw me drop the knob for is stuck in place. It doesn't move at all.

Mansewerz 07-05-2008 07:47 PM

Wait, what is the knob for if the billiard is supposed to be moved by hand YU?

radigan 07-05-2008 08:20 PM

This may be a shot in the dark but there may be a small set screw on the knob that is loose and causing the knob to come off. I am not familiar with this machine and it is only a guess. (disclaimer :))

SonRK 07-05-2008 08:25 PM

All right. I dissembled that part and it appears that the spring that is used to help push it in and out when setting it is like stuck. I'm trying to get it out but it's not working. =[

*edit* I managed to get the spring out and squeeze it so it doesn't get stuck. Now it resembles the 2nd billiard in my video. I don't know whether this is a good thing or bad thing but at least they act the same now.

radigan 07-05-2008 08:30 PM

After watching the video again, I see what YUlitle is saying. Can you move the billiard after you loosen the knob? I remember stringing on a Gamma like this one and you screwed the knob in to tighten up on the center inside of the racket head. It won't screw the billiard (I never knew what that thing was called before YULitle) loose without applying pressure to push it back. The threads are floating in a shaft to allow the billiard to move. At least they both moved on the Gamma machine.

YULitle 07-05-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonRK (Post 2493028)
I noticed that in your 6 point mounting video, that when you loosen the knob you can move the billiard. Does this mean I should contact MP about this concern?

I took out both knobs and the one that moves comes in and out easily, like in your 6 point mounting video. The one that you saw me drop the knob for is stuck in place. It doesn't move at all.

It's only an issue if you cannot move the billiard when the knob is lossened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansewerz (Post 2493077)
Wait, what is the knob for if the billiard is supposed to be moved by hand YU?

It holds it up against the racquet. When you have something for it to apply pressure to, the knob holds snug up against the mounting tower.

SonRK 07-05-2008 08:47 PM

I can move the knob when it is loosened so it appears that all is well. Gonna string up a PDR+ now and see how it goes.

Mansewerz 07-05-2008 08:53 PM

Oh, so the knob is there to hold pressure?

How come on your gamma progression vid it actually moves the post? Just the design of the machine? My SP swing has kbos as well called microadjusters that do so.

YULitle 07-05-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansewerz (Post 2493241)
Oh, so the knob is there to hold pressure?

How come on your gamma progression vid it actually moves the post? Just the design of the machine? My SP swing has kbos as well called microadjusters that do so.

It will only move it if you hold the knob up against the tower. Otherwise it's free to move about. It's just a simple screw/nut system. Only, on this one, the screw part can't spin. So, if the knob is undone at all, the whole screw can slide in and out of the mount (with no racquet on it.) With a racquet, it has something to keep it from completely tightening all the way into the tower. This pressure holds the racquet in place.

mdjenders 07-05-2008 10:35 PM

so you have it working now? i have the same machine, and it is great so far, but when I went to calibrate, none of the hex wrenches I got (5 of them) fit the larger B screw needed to calibrate.

SonRK 07-06-2008 07:08 AM

It seems to be working fine now. I plan on going to Walmart today and picking up a digital fish scale to see how the tension is.