Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   If I do HIIT in the morning, what can I do in the afternoon? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=208065)

ogruskie 07-06-2008 10:16 PM

If I do HIIT in the morning, what can I do in the afternoon?

I want to exercise as much as possible within a day. If I do HIIT in the morning, what type of exercise can I do in the afternoon without overtraining/burning muscle mass?

I actually wanted to jog a few miles in the afternoon, but was wondering if its safe to do so.

snoopy 07-06-2008 10:55 PM

What are you trying to achieve through exercising?

Do you want to lose weight, look better, add more mass, add more endurance, become faster, etc?

Why do you want to exercise as much as possible within a day? Are you trying to meet a certain goal by a certain date?

ogruskie 07-06-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoopy (Post 2499316)
What are you trying to achieve through exercising?

Do you want to lose weight, look better, add more mass, add more endurance, become faster, etc?

Why do you want to exercise as much as possible within a day? Are you trying to meet a certain goal by a certain date?

I'm trying to burn fat, and tone my muscles. The muscles are there, but they need to be a little more toned and shed of some fat to be truly visible. I've got a good weight lifting routine that I've been using for a year or so, and its been good for me.

So, I'm not trying to lose weight, but lose FAT. I think that I rid myself of another...eh...I don't know....20 pounds of fat, I'd be better looking and quicker as a result.

Why do I want to exercise as much as possible? It makes me happy, and I've got nothing else to do. Exercise makes me a happy little boy and brings about a great feeling of confidence.

School starts in about 8 or 9 weeks. I don't have a vivid picture of how I want to be by then, but I'd like to be as physically fit and good looking as I can make myself to be within these 8/9 weeks.

150mph_ 07-07-2008 04:15 AM

you need weight or resistance training not just pure cardio...
2lbs a week is easily do-able if you watch diet, do weights and HIIT...
i lost 10lbs in a week from 155 to 145 without even thinking of losing weight (145 is optimal weight for me i think
(i am 5'6)

ogruskie 07-07-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 150mph_ (Post 2499743)
you need weight or resistance training not just pure cardio...
2lbs a week is easily do-able if you watch diet, do weights and HIIT...
i lost 10lbs in a week from 155 to 145 without even thinking of losing weight (145 is optimal weight for me i think
(i am 5'6)

Yeah I know, I lift weights 3 times per week.

What kind of diet were you on?

150mph_ 07-07-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogruskie (Post 2500794)
Yeah I know, I lift weights 3 times per week.

What kind of diet were you on?

i do not use protein powder/shakes... i intake animal protein (meats, milks, fish etc.)

palelithic diet (eat what 'cavemen' ate, like meats, fish, fruits and veggies)
no coca-cola or pepsi, no fries, no potato chips, no ice cream sorbet etc. stay 100% disciplined...

everyone i know thinks i am too harsh on myself as i am not living it up (being 22 i should be partying and drinking - lots of carbs and calories etc.

why not do this... warm up jog - weight/resistance training (you can do it daily if you separate the muscle groups - upper/lower or even chest day, arms day, legs day etc.) then you do HIIT (cardio in the end so you dont burn muscle)

like what i did this past friday (july fourth - yeah i worked out and played tennis on july fourth) was - breakfast (large bowl of cereal) warm up, resistance training (eat proteinliciously) and i played tennis for about 2 hours ... then i played table tennis for about an hour in the afternoon...

saturday - rest day, minor exercises like brisk walking in the park

sunday - same schedule as friday but practiced serve for ~hour or so instead of playing tennis...