Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Gamma 5003 or SP Maestro?? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=209677)

mfin23 07-14-2008 08:40 PM

Gamma 5003 or SP Maestro??
 
:confused:which machine has better clamps mounting and tensoning head

which machine is better overall??

any help would be great thanks!

YULitle 07-14-2008 08:56 PM

Personally, I'd get the Maestro. Self-centering mounts, better clamps (IMO, of course)

mfin23 07-14-2008 09:05 PM

this may sound sad but what does IMO mean???? :confused:

Zhou 07-14-2008 09:19 PM

IMO = in my opinion.

proken7 07-16-2008 07:15 AM

Here's a couple of pics of my maestro. I purchased a couple of months ago.
These are the clamps that come with it.

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mvc011fly5.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mvc010fgw4.jpg

Nice easy to use machine for the money with great clamps.

rscottdds 07-16-2008 10:45 AM

I don't know anything about the Maestro but I've had no problems at all with my 5003. The clamps have worked flawlessly. I like the look of the 5003 better too (IMO, of course :-))
-Robert

Zach 07-16-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proken7 (Post 2526675)
Here's a couple of pics of my maestro. I purchased a couple of months ago.
These are the clamps that come with it.

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mvc011fly5.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mvc010fgw4.jpg

Nice easy to use machine for the money with great clamps.

Those clamps look different than the ones on the Maestro they show on SPtennis.com. When did you order yours?

rjkardo 07-16-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfin23 (Post 2523009)
:confused:which machine has better clamps mounting and tensoning head

which machine is better overall??

any help would be great thanks!

IDK about the Maestro, but I love my 5003.
Gamma has great products and Gammatech is very helpful on the boards.

Rodjk #613

proken7 07-17-2008 06:48 AM

Quote:

Those clamps look different than the ones on the Maestro they show on SPtennis.com. When did you order yours?
Zach I ordered my maestro on May 23, 2008 and received it a few days later. They are the original clamps that came with the machine really nice and easy to use.

Il Mostro 07-17-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zach (Post 2527165)
Those clamps look different than the ones on the Maestro they show on SPtennis.com. When did you order yours?

All Maestro's are now being shipped with the newer clamps (same ones as Aria and Opus). I got these for my DG and they are really nice. I do not know how you can do any better in a crank machine.

Mansewerz 07-17-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proken7 (Post 2526675)
Here's a couple of pics of my maestro. I purchased a couple of months ago.
These are the clamps that come with it.

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mvc011fly5.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mvc010fgw4.jpg

Nice easy to use machine for the money with great clamps.

The clamps look great, but do you ever have trouble with the cone lock bases?

Il Mostro 07-17-2008 01:22 PM

My DG has the same set-up. No problems with the bases; spring assisted and they work fine.

Mansewerz 07-17-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Il Mostro (Post 2530405)
My DG has the same set-up. No problems with the bases; spring assisted and they work fine.

Yea, but his are cone lock.

Il Mostro 07-17-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansewerz (Post 2530422)
Yea, but his are cone lock.

Maestro bases are spring assist. Jazz are cone-lock.

Mansewerz 07-17-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Il Mostro (Post 2530533)
Maestro bases are spring assist. Jazz are cone-lock.

Really? The pics look like cone lock. Hmm...

EDIT: strange, the pics that the poster posted seem to be cone lock, but indeed the ones on Silent Partner's website are spring assisted.

Il Mostro 07-17-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansewerz (Post 2530539)
Really? The picks look like cone lock. Hmm...

I $#@ you not :-)

Mansewerz 07-17-2008 02:21 PM

Yes, but look at these pictures:




Now look at proken's pictures

It looks like he has the same turntable as the maestro, but the clamp bases of a jazz and crank of a jazz.

Il Mostro 07-17-2008 03:54 PM

I think what's throwing you is the black/red color combo. His are exactly like mine black/red and spring assisted. If you look closely at the Jazz and his actual pics (not the ones from the SP site) you will see the difference. The bases on my DG are different than the SP site pics too.

Mansewerz 07-17-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Il Mostro (Post 2530803)
I think what's throwing you is the black/red color combo. His are exactly like mine black/red and spring assisted. If you look closely at the Jazz and his actual pics (not the ones from the SP site) you will see the difference. The bases on my DG are different than the SP site pics too.

Yea, his clamp bases seem to have rounder shaped knobs opposed to straight and narrow ones. I just thought maybe it was a manufacturing glitch or a mixup. Well, if it works, it's fine I guess!

YULitle 07-17-2008 03:57 PM

The clamps in prokens pictures are NOT spring assisted. They are cone lock.

Good catch Mansewerz


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse