Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Martin Verkerk's stick of choice (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=210068)

ngtaj88 07-16-2008 09:25 PM

Martin Verkerk's stick of choice
 
I know its no big deal what racquet the 2003 french open finalist is using but on the prince site it says he is using an experimental and on the current dutch tournament site it shows him maybe using a kblade? any ideas whats going on?


Bogie 07-16-2008 10:55 PM

kblade mp?

Rorsach 07-17-2008 12:43 AM

I think that right now he's using two no-brand crutches with a length of 140cm and a flexibilty rating of 80:


Aldi Patron 07-17-2008 01:14 AM

I was actually thinking of making a post about him after I saw him playing World Team Tennis. I don't remember what racquet he was using, but he was injured or something, and his second serve looked like something out of Dementieva's playbook.

Rorsach 07-17-2008 01:19 AM

He tore the ligaments in his right ankle and is expected to be out of the game for at least 8 weeks.

That must've hurt.

ericsson 07-17-2008 01:42 AM

Last month he still played a Head Microgel prestige, now he changed to the Wilson K blade tour.


Mies 07-17-2008 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericsson (Post 2529202)
Last month he still played a Head Microgel prestige, now he changed to the Wilson K blade tour.


And apparently slapped on a serious amount of lead.

stalako 07-17-2008 08:25 AM

yonex rd ti 80
 
in april he won a future tennis tournament in Canada and he was using a yonex rd ti 80

ericsson 07-17-2008 11:22 AM

He switched quite a bit lately, here with a Fischer M Comp 95 :


Gorecki 07-17-2008 02:23 PM

35476523 different frames and yet he managed to still play like crap...

ericsson 07-17-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorecki (Post 2530584)
35476523 different frames and yet he managed to still play like crap...

That's a very ignorant post, give the guy a break, he had many injuries, last tuesday again at the Dutch open, he won some challengers/futures to get back on track, don't forget he played the final on Roland Garros some years ago, for a big guy like that, that is a huge performance!

Cyclone 07-17-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericsson (Post 2530620)
That's a very ignorant post, give the guy a break, he had many injuries, last tuesday again at the Dutch open, he won some challengers/futures to get back on track, don't forget he played the final on Roland Garros some years ago, for a big guy like that, that is a huge performance!

yeah seriously, i agree, people are great armchair atheletes and are quite ready to say "oh he plays like crap" or "he's wasting his potential", but consider that some players just don't have the talent or ability to win 324093 grand slams. for a guy like verkerk to serve and volley his way to the french open final is a huge accomplishment. it's sad that the only way to be a "great player" is to win multiple grand slams and become number 1 in the world. i think even reaching the 4th round or quarters is a respectable result. does it make you a great champion? perhaps not. but let's not forget that accomplishments are not black and white. too many people in general only acknowledge a multiple grand slam winner a success.

Gorecki 07-18-2008 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericsson (Post 2530620)
That's a very ignorant post, give the guy a break, he had many injuries, last tuesday again at the Dutch open, he won some challengers/futures to get back on track, don't forget he played the final on Roland Garros some years ago, for a big guy like that, that is a huge performance!

are you familiar with the concept of Free speech and personal taste? i actually believe he is one of the least talented players ever to land his feet on a Slam Final... so read my opinion and if you dont like it ignore it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone (Post 2530665)
yeah seriously, i agree, people are great armchair atheletes and are quite ready to say "oh he plays like crap" or "he's wasting his potential", but consider that some players just don't have the talent or ability to win 324093 grand slams. .

so you are my neighbour to know if i am a armchair athlete? let me introduce you this guy here:

3 time regional champion in (Football) soccer on the high school league (in the country of cristiano Ronaldo)
1 time national champion on the junior high volleyball league
currently working 6 hours of gym, 3 hours of tennis and 1 hour of indoor footbal per week.... not bad for a couch potatoe


Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone (Post 2530665)
for a guy like verkerk to serve and volley his way to the french open final is a huge accomplishment. it's sad that the only way to be a "great player" is to win multiple grand slams and become number 1 in the world. i think even reaching the 4th round or quarters is a respectable result. does it make you a great champion? perhaps not. but let's not forget that accomplishments are not black and white. too many people in general only acknowledge a multiple grand slam winner a success.

i have for current favourite players among others Nalbandian and Gasquet... are we clear about this now?

ericsson 07-18-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorecki (Post 2531794)
are you familiar with the concept of Free speech and personal taste? i actually believe he is one of the least talented players ever to land his feet on a Slam Final... so read my opinion and if you dont like it ignore it.

Yes i am, that's why i correct you and give my opinion just like you did, you can say he's not playing top level no more but playing like crap is ignorant, sorry...

Drop Shot Master 07-18-2008 05:49 AM

Nice quote Gorecki. I think you proved you are cocksure and all that comes with it. Go play some volleyball.

Gorecki 07-18-2008 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drop Shot Master (Post 2532000)
Nice quote Gorecki. I think you proved you are cocksure and all that comes with it. Go play some volleyball.

nice isn't it? do you even know who is Bertrand Russel?

lots of cocksure from you too...

Gorecki 07-18-2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericsson (Post 2531804)
Yes i am, that's why i correct you and give my opinion just like you did, you can say he's not playing top level no more but playing like crap is ignorant, sorry...

to correct me you have to be regarded as a valid scientific resource. you gave your opinion, just like i did. guess we agree at that point...

greenfan 07-20-2008 03:14 AM

Last June, he won the Challengers tournament in Athens with a HEAD Microgel Prestige Mid.
He carried 10 of them and played quite well after his serious injury...

DashaandSafin 07-21-2008 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorecki (Post 2531794)
are you familiar with the concept of Free speech and personal taste? i actually believe he is one of the least talented players ever to land his feet on a Slam Final... so read my opinion and if you dont like it ignore it.


so you are my neighbour to know if i am a armchair athlete? let me introduce you this guy here:

3 time regional champion in (Football) soccer on the high school league (in the country of cristiano Ronaldo)
1 time national champion on the junior high volleyball league
currently working 6 hours of gym, 3 hours of tennis and 1 hour of indoor footbal per week.... not bad for a couch potatoe




i have for current favourite players among others Nalbandian and Gasquet... are we clear about this now?

Congrats mate. I hope you, and your internet bsing, go a long way in this athlete driven world. Because we all know that you'll become Ronaldo and play for ManU. You're no couch potato. You a real man of genius ;)

Ocean Drive 07-23-2008 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorecki (Post 2531794)
are you familiar with the concept of Free speech and personal taste? i actually believe he is one of the least talented players ever to land his feet on a Slam Final... so read my opinion and if you dont like it ignore it.


so you are my neighbour to know if i am a armchair athlete? let me introduce you this guy here:

3 time regional champion in (Football) soccer on the high school league (in the country of cristiano Ronaldo)
1 time national champion on the junior high volleyball league
currently working 6 hours of gym, 3 hours of tennis and 1 hour of indoor footbal per week.... not bad for a couch potatoe




i have for current favourite players among others Nalbandian and Gasquet... are we clear about this now?

Sorry but that isn't a whole lot for a week, it really isn't.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse