Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Klippermate and Gamma X-2 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=213813)

iHabNoTeef 08-05-2008 08:54 AM

Klippermate and Gamma X-2
 
I have heard good things about the Klipeprmate and Gamma X-2 and both of these stringing machines fit my budget. I plan on purchasing one of these machines but before I do, I would like to know the differences between the two and which one TW users would prefer to use :)

Venetian 08-05-2008 09:24 AM

I've used both, but own the X-2. They're pretty much the same, I just went with the X-2 because I bought it from another online retailer that didn't sell Klippermates, along with some other stuff. I think the quality is the same with both of them.

Jonny S&V 08-05-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iHabNoTeef (Post 2586376)
I have heard good things about the Klipeprmate and Gamma X-2 and both of these stringing machines fit my budget. I plan on purchasing one of these machines but before I do, I would like to know the differences between the two and which one TW users would prefer to use :)

Essentially the same, besides the gripper, where the Klipper has a linear gripper (better in my opinion, but I own the X-2 for the reason in my next sentence...) and the X-2 has a "roller" gripper (can't remember the correct term.). I got the X-2 because where I bought it from (All Things Sports) I got 15-20 packs of string (can't remember exactly how many, but it was enought to last a LONG time) along with various other grips, accessories (sp?)...

iHabNoTeef 08-05-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny S&V (Post 2586489)
Essentially the same, besides the gripper, where the Klipper has a linear gripper (better in my opinion, but I own the X-2 for the reason in my next sentence...) and the X-2 has a "roller" gripper (can't remember the correct term.). I got the X-2 because where I bought it from (All Things Sports) I got 15-20 packs of string (can't remember exactly how many, but it was enought to last a LONG time) along with various other grips, accessories (sp?)...

Wow, that deal has me interested :shock: What kind of string did you get?

max 08-05-2008 10:01 AM

Do a search: there have been dozens and dozens of threads offering comparative views. Get your information faster this way.

YULitle 08-05-2008 10:04 AM

Hundreds even!

william7gr 08-05-2008 10:17 AM

Thousands even

YULitle 08-05-2008 10:25 AM

millions!

maybe not millions...

TheShaun 08-05-2008 04:29 PM

i have the x2 and it's a great starter machine. i've had it for a few months and right from the get go i could see the benefit of a better machine. especially when it comes to the mounting system. if you can hold out and save for a better machine, it will be worth it. if not, then go with the x2, i don't regret it, but i'll be looking to upgrade soon.

nadalfan! 08-05-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShaun (Post 2587640)
i have the x2 and it's a great starter machine. i've had it for a few months and right from the get go i could see the benefit of a better machine. especially when it comes to the mounting system. if you can hold out and save for a better machine, it will be worth it. if not, then go with the x2, i don't regret it, but i'll be looking to upgrade soon.

Look into the eagnas flex 940! Mine is on the way... Should be here Friday.... :cry:

aussie 08-05-2008 04:46 PM

Check out the thread "I made my Decision" to get some feedback from a guy who has just bought a Klippermate and is stringing his first couple of sticks.

iHabNoTeef 08-06-2008 10:02 PM

So after some research, I think I am going to get a klippermate. I have one last question though, compared to the X-2 and the SP Swing, is the klippermate mounting system equally secure? I've read that a few people have had their racquet heads shortening and I do not want that to happen to me. Is that problem just because they did not use their stringer's mounting system correctly, or is it a problem with the stringer?

Mansewerz 08-06-2008 10:05 PM

There are links to several threads in my guide to buying stringing machines. See, i took the trouble out of the search function!

max 08-07-2008 05:35 AM

I've never had my racquet head "shorten" on my K-mate. I've strung on it about 100 times.

I DID have a frame get sidecrunched when I let a friend string it on his new cheap electric pull: he did what that other guy did---did not mount the frame securely in the first place. IF you don't mount the frame, this happens. Pretty dumb mistake.

aussie 08-07-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max (Post 2591830)
I've never had my racquet head "shorten" on my K-mate. I've strung on it about 100 times.

I DID have a frame get sidecrunched when I let a friend string it on his new cheap electric pull: he did what that other guy did---did not mount the frame securely in the first place. IF you don't mount the frame, this happens. Pretty dumb mistake.

max reminds me yet again of the oft repeated maxim: mount the racquet very firmly with a 2 point mounting system, and it will be fine. Mount it so firmly that the stick will not move when you grab the handle and try to move it around.

ag200boy 08-11-2008 12:11 PM

i have had a racquet head shorten on me with my klippermate machine, but it was entirely my fault, it was my first string job, and i didnt even tighten the mounts but it was fine everyu other time ( i have strung10-15 racquets)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse