Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Eagnas/Maxline Reputation/Quality Article (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=213954)

zidane339 08-05-2008 09:38 PM

Eagnas/Maxline Reputation/Quality Article

Hey guys, I found this one the Silent Partner website:
http://sptennis.com/Knockoffs/

Its a great collection of info for those looking into Eagnas/Maxline stringing machines.

Bottom Line: Stay away from Eagnas/Maxline products!

iplaybetter 08-05-2008 09:40 PM

careful with that type of thing, they are trying to make them look as bad as possible, not a hard thing to do, just remember they are trying to sell you the machine they make, and get you not to buy the ones that eagnas makes

zidane339 08-05-2008 09:50 PM

True, of course SP would try to pursuade buyers to buy their machines, but the articles does outline the bad customer service/ parts that plagues Eagnas.

iplaybetter 08-05-2008 09:53 PM

i dont disagree, i merely suggest taking it wiht a grain of salt

zidane339 08-05-2008 09:55 PM

Definitly, I agree. Since it did come from SP's site, one should be aware of the advertising aspect of the article.

Il Mostro 08-05-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zidane339 (Post 2588427)
Hey guys, I found this one the Silent Partner website:
http://sptennis.com/Knockoffs/

Its a great collection of info for those looking into Eagnas/Maxline stringing machines.

Bottom Line: Stay away from Eagnas/Maxline products!

Curious... what machines do you/have you owned? Just as a reference point. Thanks.

zidane339 08-05-2008 11:15 PM

Hmmm...I just started stringing this year, and I started on an ATS Super Stringer II, then to the Gamma Progression 602, then on to the Gamma Progression ST. Have some experience with a Prince Ekleton that a local pro uses.

I'm not sure how my history of stringing machines applies. If you are trying to say that since I don't have any hands on experience with Eagnas stringing machines, I am not qualified to say "stay away from them", I completely agree with you based on that fact.

But, all I meant for by this post was to refer people curious about Eagnas to an interesting article. Based on what I read in the article and the opinion of many qualified people that have bought Eagnas machines,I came to the conclusion that one should stay away from them.

I believe you own an Eagnas correct? If your opinion differs from mine, please share.I think that would be very helpful to this thread.

Thanks.

Il Mostro 08-06-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zidane339 (Post 2588588)
Hmmm...I just started stringing this year, and I started on an ATS Super Stringer II, then to the Gamma Progression 602, then on to the Gamma Progression ST. Have some experience with a Prince Ekleton that a local pro uses.

I'm not sure how my history of stringing machines applies. If you are trying to say that since I don't have any hands on experience with Eagnas stringing machines, I am not qualified to say "stay away from them", I completely agree with you based on that fact.

But, all I meant for by this post was to refer people curious about Eagnas to an interesting article. Based on what I read in the article and the opinion of many qualified people that have bought Eagnas machines,I came to the conclusion that one should stay away from them.

I believe you own an Eagnas correct? If your opinion differs from mine, please share.I think that would be very helpful to this thread.

Thanks.

No, I do not own an Eagnas. Don't even like the company. But I think too many people here throw recommendations around, both pro & con, about companies with which they have zero experience. Moreover, there is little or no objectivity. You fit squarely into this category.

Il Mostro 08-06-2008 12:08 AM

BTW, are you two pixies Velcro'd at the hip?

volusiano 08-06-2008 02:35 AM

The bad blood between SP and Eagnas goes way back. You'll find Eagnas posting their counterresponse to the SP attack on their own website, too. There are always 2 sides to the story.

I'm not defending either one of them. I came across this feud a few years ago when I started looking for a stringing machine. I read the SP attack and the Eagnas counter attack on their websites. Alarms went off, so I decided to stay away from both of them and bought something else instead.

In my opinion, they both are shooting their own feet by doing this. It's unprofessional and will shy potential customers away. They certainly both lost my business right off the bat.

hollywood9826 08-06-2008 05:04 AM

I think for the money and as an Eagnas owner. They cant be beat. All I have use is my machine and I will not try to say SP machines suck or other Eagnas machines are great or bad.

I bought a Challenger 1 drop weight for my first strining machine ever. Oderered right online with no problems. The package cameright as scheduled. The only thing missing was the Starting Clamp i ordered (backorder). The assembly instructions were adequate enough for me to get the machine put together. i strung a few rackets up (thanks to YULitle's vids) and noticed I had trouble getting the gripper jaws to release the string. I was bacially forcing it loose which you shouldnt do. i ended up breaking the tensioner (totally my fault). I email Eagnas and tell them it no longer works. they say send it back with a copy of receipt and we will fix it. So I sent it back and about 2 weeks later got it back and it works fine.

There are plenty of other stories like mine where people are more than happy with the Eag purchase. I have actually read more positive than negative about there products from people with 1st hand knowledge.

hollywood9826 08-06-2008 05:05 AM

BTW, I did fianlly get my staring clamp after about two months wait. Which is ironically the same time I had to wait for the Alpha clamp from TW. The alpha clamp is better, but the Eag clamp at 15 bucks is more than adequate for my needs.

zidane339 08-06-2008 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Il Mostro (Post 2588645)
BTW, are you two pixies Velcro'd at the hip?

Hmmm not sure whom or what you're refering to in this post.

zidane339 08-06-2008 07:42 AM

Hollywood 9826, thanks for the insight on your personal experience with Eagnas.

I have read positive reviews on Eagnas but also negative ones. Its good to hear you had a postive experience.

nadalfan! 08-06-2008 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zidane339 (Post 2589158)
Hmmm not sure whom or what you're refering to in this post.

Hey did u get to find out what machine I'm getting?

zidane339 08-06-2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Il Mostro (Post 2588640)
No, I do not own an Eagnas. Don't even like the company. But I think too many people here throw recommendations around, both pro & con, about companies with which they have zero experience. Moreover, there is little or no objectivity. You fit squarely into this category.

True, and I agree with you on that point. But, I am not attempting to discourage buyers from Eagnas or discredit them. I was just providing a resource for which potential buyers can research and make their own opinion. My "bottom line" was not meant as a recommendation, but the overall idea I got from the article.

zidane339 08-06-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadalfan! (Post 2589167)
Hey did u get to find out what machine I'm getting?

What do you mean?I don't have any info on specific machines or anything like that.

nadalfan! 08-06-2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zidane339 (Post 2589185)
What do you mean?I don't have any info on specific machines or anything like that.

Look at the eag-300 thread!

zidane339 08-06-2008 07:54 AM

Yep, I know you got a Flex 940.But sorry, I don't have any info on it. Looks like a good machine though.

LttlElvis 08-06-2008 07:56 AM

I had an Eagnas. Thought it was a great machine, and it was a whole lot of machine for the money I paid. Customer service was never an issue for me. They were always nice when I had questions.

One thing is, they are a no-nonsense company. They feel like they have answered all the questions on their website, which if you have every read the FAQ, they really have. Kind of bizarre that they sell that many machines. It's not a company for everyone, but I only have had positive experiences with them.