Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   For Sale or Trade (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Why Isn't My Post Showing Up? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=217122)

diredesire 08-22-2008 12:44 PM

Why Isn't My Post Showing Up?

Hopefully this will clear up the continuing confusion about how the FS/T section works. READ the sticky, and it will become clear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff
ATTENTION: All For Sale/Trade classified ads will be filtered. This means your post will not show up immediately, but will be held up by our moderator for approval. Please do not post your ad multiple times, as this will only delay your ad further. Also, no new products, dealers or links to E-Bay auctions are allowed. The classified section is here so Talk Tennis members can sell and trade used personal equipment only. Posts by dealers, clubs and pros for used demo stock, old stock or overstocked items will not be approved.

Unless you are making a change to your ad, such as lowering the price of items, we do not allow bumps to bring a post back to the top of the forum.

Please clearly define the age and condition of each item in a classified ad. Condition should be rated on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being new. Having an "out of 10" rating is mandatory, as ads without this rating will be automatically hard deleted. Posts identifying a product's condition from 9.6 - 10.0 will be refused, as we'll assume this means new. If the age and condition of each item is not listed we will assume it is new and the entire post will be deleted. If selling multiple items and one violates a policy, the entire post will be deleted.

We reserve the right to refuse any ad.

Thanks for your cooperation.

TW Staff

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=150

diredesire 08-22-2008 12:48 PM

Cliff's notes for getting a sale post approve

Here is how to improve your chances of getting a FS/T thread approved!

Follow this checklist, and you will greatly increase your chances.
  1. Post an "out of 10" rating. Example: 8.0/10
  2. INCLUDE DETAILS in your post. This is especially important if your frame is in very good shape (9+/10). If you state "excellent condition, only used a few times," Chances are you WILL NOT pass the filter. Include details, people.
  3. Include contact information. It's a pain for us to have to approve EVERY "interested" post after your initial post.
  4. Include a picture whenever possible.
  5. Include other pertinent info, leaving details out only makes the filtering admin/mod think twice. Make it easier for US.

TokyopunK 08-22-2008 01:25 PM

"The classified section is here so Talk Tennis members can sell and trade used personal equipment only."

Only related to tennis, right?

And is it mandatory to have a price in the post?

diredesire 08-23-2008 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TokyopunK (Post 2639497)
"The classified section is here so Talk Tennis members can sell and trade used personal equipment only."

Only related to tennis, right?

And is it mandatory to have a price in the post?

As for now, the items are only related to tennis, although if you are trying to trade something (lets say electronics), you might be able to get approved if you're trading for tennis gear? It hasn't been much of an issue thus far, I'd check with the admins.

It isn't strictly "required" to have a price in the post, but IMO it's so much easier for EVERYONE involved to have a price posted. (not required in the sense that your ad can still be passed w/o price, but it's much better to)

TW Staff 08-26-2008 06:48 AM

Regardless of the age of the racquet, if it hasn't been hit with, it's considered new! I'm not sure how difficult that is to understand, not to mention this is a FREE service we provide for anyone and everyone. Please respect the policies and rules. Also, there are plenty of other avenues where you can sell whatever you like, if you don't like our 'weak criteria'.

Spencer, TW.

boscorillium 09-14-2008 05:27 AM

Will we be notified if a post is rejected for some reason?

diredesire 09-16-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boscorillium (Post 2712975)
Will we be notified if a post is rejected for some reason?

No. Unfortunately that is near impossible to do without serious leg work on the admin team's part.

(In a sense, this is the exact reason this thread exists.)

langdoy 09-17-2008 06:47 PM

There is something DEFINITELY wrong with the 'auto-approver' on posts here. I followed this thread and made sure that 1-5 are met in my post. None of my two posts showed up, yet I see a bunch of posts in here with little information, no rating, nor even a grip size. Why even bother.

cmd0518 09-24-2008 01:33 PM

what's the turnaround time for posts being approved ?

just curious so i know what to expect. since there is no notification, how do we know if its been approved or declined?

cmd0518 09-24-2008 01:38 PM

what's the timeframe to get threads approved?

cmd0518 09-24-2008 04:01 PM

is there a timeframe for the posts to be approved? for example, if within 24 hours our post hasnt been approved, can we deem it declined?

i made a thread this afternoon and it has not been posted. heck, i spent $200 in the TW store for OS racquets and am selling my MP racquets. help?

shell 11-02-2008 03:04 PM

The turnaround time of posts is over 24 hours at this point. This seems extreme. Any way to have this process sped up?

Thanks.

TW Staff 11-03-2008 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shell (Post 2834540)
The turnaround time of posts is over 24 hours at this point. This seems extreme. Any way to have this process sped up?

Thanks.

Extreme?

Please keep in mind that we allow anyone to be a member of this board, not just Tennis Warehouse customers, as well as we do not charge you to place classified ads.

We do what we can with the staff we have and feel getting classifieds filtered and posted within 1 business day is more than sufficient for what we charge.

Spencer, TW.

blue12 11-03-2008 08:39 AM

I think it's an awesome site!
Thanks!!

flogpro2252 11-11-2008 04:23 PM

I haven't had to wait nearly 24 hours for a post yet. Seems like there are 2 or 3 times during the day when posts get approved. That's pretty darn good. As a former mod on a popular golf forum, I know it's a ton of work, thanks for what you guys do.

some6uy008 11-11-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flogpro2252 (Post 2857760)
I haven't had to wait nearly 24 hours for a post yet. Seems like there are 2 or 3 times during the day when posts get approved. That's pretty darn good. As a former mod on a popular golf forum, I know it's a ton of work, thanks for what you guys do.

Sometimes they don't update on the weekends.

I'm sure most, if not all, of us understand why it needs to be filter and why some days it takes longer than others.

gonzalocatalino 11-13-2008 01:25 PM

why is my rossignol F200 post not showing?? is an used racquet, ive posted pictures in the thread...

purple-n-gold 11-22-2008 02:02 PM

Posted price reductions on 2 different rackets that already have threads,twice now and still not showing up,must be the weekend thing.

Kot_Bigemot 01-23-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzalocatalino (Post 2862944)
why is my rossignol F200 post not showing?? is an used racquet, ive posted pictures in the thread...

Still trading Prince calf skin grips? Email me shtiblet@gmail.com

tingwc 03-07-2009 05:37 AM

I can't even post a thread, forget about it being approved...