Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   1 week in Hilton Head SC in July (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=22035)

GuyPerez 02-03-2005 07:48 AM

1 week in Hilton Head SC in July

Heading to HH, SC in July with the family (wife and 5 1/2 and 3 year old). Mostly looking for a family/beach vacation, but want to slip in some tennis.

Please recommend a place to stay that would be walking distance to the beach and family activities, but not super expensive.

Thanks.

SteveI 02-03-2005 11:49 AM

Hey Man,

HH Beach and Tennis! They have a Great Pro.. and you can walk to the beach.. they have two pools. Think they just re-did the courts. I am going to be there March 25th... Thur the end of month.. If anyone is down that week drop me a line and maybe we can connect for some tennis! I think if ya look down a bit on these posts.. you will see that one of our board members... has an ad for a condo.. with some great pics. E-mail is tennisguy63@verizon.net. Thanks

Regards,
Steve

NoBadMojo 02-03-2005 01:01 PM

stay at port royal plantation on HHI and you can play on clay, hard, and grass on the same day!

SteveI 02-03-2005 02:09 PM

NoBadMojo,

Ahhhhhhhhhhh... Did the Port Royal thing.. sweet!!!

Steve

Mahboob Khan 02-03-2005 04:57 PM

Go to Dennis van der Meer Tennis Center in HHI, it is also the home of PTR/Headquarters. In tennis teaching and playing nothing can surpass! I did my TU-I there in 1994 and still cherish the experience. Julie Jilly can arrange your trip. Her email: julie@ptrtennis.org. Dennis website: www.vandermeertennis.com or www.vdmtennis.com. The PTR's website is: www.ptrtennis.org.

kinsella 02-14-2005 04:40 PM

HH Beach and Tennis is one of the least expensive places you will find. $850/wk for decent 2 BR/2B condo. The pro is terrific: Clint Van Aswegen. Email me for his phone number if you are interested. There are two or three tennis clubs in easy driving distance where you can get games on clay. Advance work will pay off in setting up games. Port Royal is close and offers some game matching.

The complex is on the beach, which means a five minute walk from most of the condos. The place is pretty high on value and is not fancy.

Z-Man 02-25-2005 01:28 PM

I'm a big fan of Van Der Meer at Hilton Head. They have great drills (beginner and advanced) at the Tennis Center on Cordillo Parkway (hardcourts) and at Shipyard (clay). Sea Pines also does great drills and round robins. The Coligny area is crowded--Sea Pines and Palmetto Dunes are nicer...

Serve-And-Volley 02-25-2005 06:28 PM

I love the Westin near the Port Royal Racquet Club, the best racquet club on HHI imo. I enjoy the grass courts and they have excellent coaches and good rates for lessons and playing time on courts. Staff is friendly and helpful and really improved my game. HH is a wonderful place, enjoy your vacation.

GuyPerez 02-28-2005 04:08 PM

Thanks everyone! Here is the deal. We booked a three bedroom (two floor) penthouse condo at Harbourside III in the Shelter Cove Marina. It will actually be the first week of August. Priviledges will be at Palmetto Dunes. We decided on the Marina for entertainment. We will visit the beach via shuttle, but also shop, eat, etc in the marina area.

Anyone there the 1st week of August? Contact me please. Hope to get two or three sessions in for the week!!!!!!!!!

guyperez@yahoo.com

rob61 03-02-2005 10:33 AM

Does Van Der Meer at Hilton Head help you with technicals too? I went to Saddlebrook, and they had non-stop drills, but nobody helped me work on getting a better forehand and backhand, which is why I was there. I would like a place that would also include helping you improve your technique on forehands, backhands, volleys, and serves, and not just have you play doubles or speed drills.

Z-Man 03-06-2005 06:00 PM

Rob61:

Van Der Meer has a stroke of the day clinic, which is focused on improving your skills, but they'll help you during drills as well. Steve Keller does the drills, and he's excellent--has helped me with my game many times. Sometimes I do stroke of the day and drills right after--you get to practice what you learned. If you're 4.0+, sign up for advanced drills.

simon 03-09-2005 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyPerez
Anyone there the 1st week of August? Contact me please. Hope to get two or three sessions in for the week!!!!!!!!!
guyperez@yahoo.com

I live in HH so I'm always around (that goes for anyone who will be down here)...

Great choice on where to stay. I like the Palmetto Dunes courts a lot and you'll be in a nice location.

simon

SteveI 03-10-2005 06:08 AM

Simon,

Can you e-mail me?

Tennisguy63t@verizon.net.

Regards,
Steve

Hedges 06-09-2005 03:39 AM

Port Royal is very nice; even have a grass court!

GuyPerez 06-09-2005 04:11 AM

Simon,
Can you contact me at guyperez@yahoo.com? I would like to start a dialogue and maybe play some the 1st week of August when I am there.
Thanks,
Guy

Fortylove 06-09-2005 10:31 AM

Simon, can you contact me as well?

Thanks,
As4603dojwhi@infoave.net

GuyPerez 07-11-2005 04:52 PM

Almost time to go!!!!! Anyone there in HH SC looking to hit 1st week of August? I will be closest to Palmetto Dunes.