Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Points Question (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=225039)

topspin2 10-05-2008 06:04 PM

Points Question

:confused:Ok, I am relatively new to tennis. I started this Febuary to play for my high school. I picked it up pretty quickly and recently I've started to play a few tournaments. I should be getting points for these tournaments right?:confused:

I have played one tournament in GA where I recieved 100 points. That shows up in the "eligible players" when I look in the Southern-Georgia rankings list.

I have played three tournaments in TN where I have got 28 points (that's for one; the other two haven't been updated yet). When I look in the "eligible players" list in the Southern-Tennessee ranknings list, I'm not there. I have to look in the "ineligible players" list so I can see my 28 points.

All these tournaments I have played in the Southern region, right? So all of these points from my GA and TN tournaments should be going toward my Southern rank, correct? Well, when I look in the Southern rankings, I can only find my name under "ineligible players" and I have no points.:evil:

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

ayyhwang 10-05-2008 06:17 PM

you have to have a certain number of points before your name shows up in the ranking

topspin2 10-05-2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayyhwang (Post 2762808)
you have to have a certain number of points before your name shows up in the ranking

I've got more points than some of the people that are ranked in the "eligible players" section.

ayyhwang 10-05-2008 07:28 PM

just go to southern.usta.com and search around you'll find your answer

Daycrawler 10-05-2008 10:06 PM

No. Your probably ineligible because of your age and/or the tournaments have expired. They are only good for a certain time.

topspin2 10-06-2008 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daycrawler (Post 2763267)
No. Your probably ineligible because of your age and/or the tournaments have expired. They are only good for a certain time.

I played them less than a month ago and I'm still in the same age group.

10isDad 10-06-2008 07:31 AM

From the Southern USTA Section regs:

Minimum ranking requirements
Boys and Girls 12-18
Singles: [B[One (1) Southern Championship and a minimum of two hundred (200) points[/b] earned in the Points Per Round system used by the USTA Southern Section.Eligible Southern Championships are the Southern Junior Closed, Southern Junior Open, Spring Southern Closed, Fall Southern Closed Championship (formerly Southern Indoor Open), and Winter Southern Closed Championship (formerly Southern Indoor Closed). A player's best 6 tournaments will be counted in the Rankings.

It also appears the point scheme is different for district-level tourneys vs. Southern section tourneys. For instance, a kid who got 100 points in a Southern GA tourney only got 20 points for this tourney for the overall Southern section.