Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Gasquet's Prestige Classic (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=23)

Jonas 02-18-2004 04:02 PM

Gasquet's Prestige Classic

Keeping with theme of my first post on the new message board, I was looking for a little info from someone on here who has worked on (or knows) what Gasquet is really using. I am assuming a prestige classic xl, but you know they say happens when you a*s*s*u*m*e*

gustavo33 02-18-2004 06:33 PM

i think itīs an actual i.prestiege.... but modified...
and his strings seems to be very loose, imo

PureCarlosMoyaDrive 02-18-2004 09:57 PM

What his paintjob of right now?

gustavo33 02-19-2004 02:13 AM

heīs "playing" with a i.pre

Steve F. 02-21-2004 11:25 PM

This was covered a couple years back when Gasquet first made a splash, well before he hired and fired Tariq. Anyone here who's followed his career a bit knows he doesn't seem to have switched his equipment (except maybe the shoes, Oscillates in practice photos rather than Asics Gel Enqvists) - there's massive attention on his every move in L'Equipe and Tennis (French) magazine. Here's the post - btw, Sylvain, if you're reading, bonjour a Giselle et Evie

Quote:

goran007 - 07:49am Jun 30, 2002 PDT (#9 of 10)

I know some of the answers to your questions guys. Gasquet has his raquet strung at my local tennis shop so I see his racket every now and then. He plays with a Head Prestige Intelligence 630 which is not the mid but the mid-plus. He strings it with Head natural gut for the mains and some cheap Head poly for the crosses (or vice versa I'm not sure where you put the gut if it's on the crosses or the mains). He strings it at 24 kilos (52.8 lbs) for the mains and 22 kilos (48.4lbs) for the crosses. His coach is his father who trained him since he was 4 or something and I don't think his father has coached anyone except his son.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive 02-22-2004 10:43 AM

Ya, I thought it was an actual i.prestige too, but that's some loose string. And does head actually make nat gut in europe or something?

Hawaii 5.0 02-22-2004 07:32 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?sl...05&prov=ap

I look at that pic and think that he's not playing with a IPrestige MP just cuz the beam looks so beefy at the upper hoop and most of the frame except the throat.

Anonymous 02-22-2004 08:34 PM

It does have the ridges in the throat. And isn't the MP version a little thicker than the Mid? I know what you mean about the frame looking kind of wide. It might be attributable to lighter colors appearing bigger in general due to them reflecting more light. All the lines would be more pronounced.

@wright 02-22-2004 08:46 PM

I think the MP Iprestige is 22mm, so if it looks beefy, it's probably because it is.

Steve F. 02-22-2004 09:17 PM

Hey PCMD - not utterly sure, but pretty sure that Head makes Gut over there (at the very least, Head is paying to place that smaller Head stencil at the bottom of the strings) - but a question better posed to those who may know, maybe in strings. The old message board is down, otherwise I'd paste a link to a thread.

The response I quoted is from a friend of mine and former/occassional TW poster (who's French, we played in Paris), a former iPrestige 600 user, and whose stringer dealt with Gasquet's frames. I'm no stringer, but that's the best info I've got...

As for another look at Gasquet's frame... check out this link from a challenger, 2003.
http://www.freewebs.com/richard03nap...uet-Napoli.jpg

Had to nose around online a bit to find it, but at this clean angle, it photographs like that distinct, slightly elongated Prestige 630 head shape. Hawaii, he very well may have a Radical 630, as it appears to be in that yahoo link, I certainly don't know for sure (I don't know what he had before the iPrestige 630 if that's what he's got), but for my $.02 I'd reckon it's the angle of that gladiator style, double fist pump photo that is making that beam look wider at the top...

PureCarlosMoyaDrive 02-22-2004 10:01 PM

That frame still looks beefier than a 17 no matter what, looks like my 22 mm 6.1 classic, or seriously, maybe even slightly thicker, but I doubt it. I bet the angle he's holding the racquet has something to do with making it look bigger.

Hawaii 5.0 02-23-2004 10:53 PM

I've strung hundreds of IPrestige MP's and MP XL's and I know they are 22mm and I've even hit with them a few times and they still don't seem that beefy.If anything it's the angle, but it's still iffy.

TsongaBonga 02-03-2008 05:59 AM

Now he's actually playing with a LM instinct with a MG extreme paintjob.

Richie Rich 02-03-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TsongaBonga (Post 2065444)

way to dig up a 4 yr old thread :rolleyes:

A.J. Sim 02-03-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie Rich (Post 2065571)

lol; I think that this is the second thread that TsongaBonga has dug up; maybe he has some insight to share after all these years.

SFrazeur 02-03-2008 12:48 PM

The search function is great, thanks for using it. But keep an eye on those post dates.

-SF

Klatu Verata Necktie 02-03-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie Rich (Post 2065571)

Cut him a break. He's new and it looks like he's trying to add something to the forum.

Richie Rich 02-03-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klatu Verata Necktie (Post 2066358)
Cut him a break. He's new and it looks like he's trying to add something to the forum.

in the last 4 years how many threads have their been about gasquet's racquet? i'm sure something popped up that is more recent when he did the search. just seems funny he picked this particular thread.

JackSkellington 02-03-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TsongaBonga (Post 2065444)

why do you keep bumping threads from 4 years ago?

andyluong2001 02-03-2008 09:18 PM

Didn't someone say that this year Gasquet would switch to an instinct paintjob?