Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Eastern Players (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=230217)

Jdrizzle03 11-06-2008 06:34 PM

Eastern Players

Eastern player please come out and show some respect for the East. We dont get enough credit we are a good section and get ripped by many people. So please come here and show your pride.

tacoben 11-07-2008 06:51 AM

I saw Gail Brodsky (NY) and Kristie Ahn (NJ) play in the Girls 18 Nationals in Berkeley, CA earlier this year, it was a semi final match. Those in the crowd who watched it, called it the "Battle of the Hudson River". You guys in the East are doing just fine!

Jdrizzle03 11-07-2008 04:46 PM

i know we arent bad its just we dont get enough credit or respect. a lot of people say we are lucky to be in a weaker division which i dont believe is true

LSStringing 11-07-2008 07:07 PM

I think you are a little weak on the guys side. Outside of Matt Kandath who else do you got? On the girls side, well, you guys are dominating the older age divisions.

WNocturne 11-07-2008 07:21 PM

im 14 year old and lived in ny and moved to nj 6 years ago. WOOO goo eastern.

NickC 11-08-2008 07:34 AM

I don't play tournaments but my section is USTA Eastern (when I live in the states, I'm from Rye, New York/Greenwich, CT). I know of a bunch of great players who play USTA Eastern. Hell, I even have a friend who's trying to make it on the Futures tour right now and he played Eastern.

Jdrizzle03 11-08-2008 05:31 PM

ok we have brendan ruddock whos going to minnesota, daniel kreyman whos good, michael llampa, joe schafer, Gary Kushnirovich and alec parower who are all in the top 120. also that noly from Ny

AT92292 11-09-2008 05:55 PM

Yea We need more respect. were probobly the best section outside of florida, cali, and texas

DannyLee 11-09-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AT92292 (Post 2852276)
Yea We need more respect. were probobly the best section outside of florida, cali, and texas

Don't forget Southern, *******, Northern Cali, MoValley, and New England. Eastern is the absolute weakest if you take out NYC on the boys side, and NJ on the girls.

DannyLee 11-09-2008 06:16 PM

That's MID WEST in astericks.

BigBUBBA 11-09-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyLee (Post 2852332)
Don't forget Southern, *******, Northern Cali, MoValley, and New England. Eastern is the absolute weakest if you take out NYC on the boys side, and NJ on the girls.

Definatley do not forget Southern. 3rd strongest group

NJ does have some girls like Emma Levy...

Tom C 11-09-2008 07:08 PM

Eastern section has some very good juniors including Danny Kerznerman, Noah Rubin and Timothy Kane in the Boy's 12 and under. Richard Del Nunzio and Quinton Vega are both good player's. Katrine Steffensen is very good as is Jamie Loeb. Manuela Velasquez, Ester Goldfeld, and Robin Anderson are Super Sophs. And let's not forget Christina Mchale and Kristie Ahn. Pretty good.

xnarek 11-09-2008 08:02 PM

Garik Yedigarian whos playing junior international i think. I dono he travels so much is he still called eastern? ;D
Ive played almost all those players like keznerman and vega lol. Time passes so quickly :O kids go pro so quickly :O

Tom C 11-10-2008 08:03 AM

I forgot to mention Kandath, Gabriel and Petrone. We have some good player's but we may not have the depth of other sections.

10isDad 11-10-2008 09:37 AM

The supposed strength and weakness of a section is a stupid argument/comparison. It's simply not a fair assessment since some sections have 10 times the number of tennis players as other sections and some sections are blessed with great weather while others have times of year when tennis simply cannot be played unless there are indoor facilities.

You give each section the same population and weather that is conducive to year-round play and would draw in good coaches/academies and you'll have parity in the sections.

Tom C 11-10-2008 10:34 AM

10isDad you are absolutely right ... I've always believed that, in this case, Eastern Section juniors are as talented as any juniors in the country and with the right training/environment we would have more depth and be more competitive overall.

eeytennis 11-13-2008 09:30 AM

On the girls side, the East is definitely dominating, and there are some younger players with some great potential. Jamie Loeb, Katrine Steffensen are two younger players that have been doing quite well on the Sectional and National levels.

Guys side, there are 9 players from the Eastern Section ranked in the top 100 in the Boys 14s...I think that in a few years to come, people will start respecting the Eastern Section more.