Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   To those w/ a tennisrecruting profile (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=230766)

region2champion 11-10-2008 06:27 PM

To those w/ a tennisrecruting profile

Just interested what is your ranking and how many coaches have looked at your profile, I only have 9, i'm in 8th grade

kctennis1005 11-10-2008 07:27 PM

im a senior.....have 502

RestockingTues 11-10-2008 08:35 PM

Tennisrecruiter isn't really a place for colleges and coaches to check you out... That's only if you're CRAZY, 5.0+ good. For the rest of us mortals it's more like facebook for tennis players.

kctennis1005 11-10-2008 08:38 PM

tennisrecruiting is the place where coaches look for recruiting so idk what ur talkin about

Johnsw92 11-10-2008 08:41 PM

im a junior and i have a little over 200 coach visits or whatever..i think its pretty cool because it gives you an idea of who is checking you out

scraps234 11-10-2008 08:53 PM

where does it tell u how many coaches r looking at u

RestockingTues 11-10-2008 09:29 PM

I don't get checked out by anyone :( Then again, I'm not good at all xD

scraps234 11-10-2008 09:38 PM

where does it tell u if u do or dont?

kctennis1005 11-10-2008 09:46 PM

when u sign in and look at ur profile it says

region2champion 11-11-2008 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RestockingTues (Post 2855658)
Tennisrecruiter isn't really a place for colleges and coaches to check you out... That's only if you're CRAZY, 5.0+ good. For the rest of us mortals it's more like facebook for tennis players.

I know, but it is pretty interesting

scraps234 11-11-2008 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kctennis1005 (Post 2855757)
when u sign in and look at ur profile it says

do u need to have the membership that costs money?

dallasoliver 11-11-2008 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by region2champion (Post 2855393)
Just interested what is your ranking and how many coaches have looked at your profile, I only have 9, i'm in 8th grade

There are several questions in this thread... Let me make a few general comments about the coach views here. Apologies for the length.

College Coaches at TennisRecruiting.net

We have a process where we qualify users as coaches using information provided by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) and from the colleges themselves. As of today, TennisRecruiting.net has 996 different users who are confirmed college tennis coaches.

Coaches' Visits

TennisRecruiting.net tracks visits from confirmed college coaches to player profiles, and we show that information to players. If you create a free account and link it to your player profile, you can see the number of coaches who have visited your page. With a Recruiting Advantage subscription, you can see information about which particular coaches have visited.

I do not have the numbers in front of me right now, but at this time of year, HS juniors are probably getting the most visits - followed by seniors, sophomores, and then freshmen. There are sporadic visits to middle school kids, but these visits are fewer are farther between.

Coaching Advantage Coaches Make More Visits

Confirmed college coaches can also subscribe to our Coaching Advantage service. Coaching Advantage gives coaches a number of different features, including the following that are relevant to this dicussion:
  • Access to player visits (analagous to coach visits, but visits from players to their college team pages)
  • Ability to create custom rank lists (e.g., juniors with a 3.5 GPA in New England)
  • "Watch lists" of players to enable the monitoring of players of interest
  • Access to contact and academic information

Several hundred of these thousand coaches subscribe to Coaching Advantage.

Why is this important? Because coaches with Coaching Advantage have powerful tools that allow them to sift through our database to identify recruiting targets.

More Coach Visits from information in Custom Rank Lists

The majority of our coaches are looking for recruits that meet some qualification - or have lots of information. An Ivy coach probably wants kids with high GPAs... a D3 coach in Texas may be recruiting regionally... a coach in the Big 10 may be interested in kids expressing interest in other Big 10 programs... and ALL coaches are probably more interested in kids who have readily-available email addresses and phone numbers.

Coaches have the ability to create custom rank lists that include kids with any of the qualifications listed above.

What does this mean? The more information you list, the more coaches' lists you will show up on.

As an experiment, I looked at all the junior boys ranked 500-550, and the number of coach visits averaged around 12. The numbers ranged from 0 (2 boys) up to 178. There were six kids with more than 100 visits from college coaches. What set those six kids apart? All six had linked to their profiles and provided contact information, and four of them had also provided some academic information.

More Coach Visits due to Player Visits

What about the other two kids mentioned in the example from the previous section? Those two players had visited many college team pages - and so coaches could see the player visits. We often see a lot of that - players visit a team page that the coach sees... and then the coach visits the player page... and so on, and so on.

Those are a few initial thoughts on coach visits. Again, I apologize for the length, but we often get questions from players about how to increase their exposure.

I'll scan down this thread a bit later and answer any specific questions that I see. I hope this helps!

Best,
Dallas

dallasoliver 11-11-2008 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scraps234 (Post 2856334)
do u need to have the membership that costs money?

You can see summary information (e.g., you have 32 coach visits) with a free account. Seeing which coaches actually visit requires a Recruiting Advantage subscription.

Best,
Dallas

dallasoliver 11-11-2008 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by region2champion (Post 2855393)

The older you are, the more visits you will have because the statistic is cumulative - we keep track over all time. All the visits you have during your freshman year will stay with you for all time.

However, you can sort by last visit or number of visits.

Best,
Dallas

dallasoliver 11-11-2008 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RestockingTues (Post 2855658)

You'd be surprised! Here is a email I just got this past weekend from the parent of a 2-Star recruit who is now a college freshman (edited for anonymity):

Your service greatly enhanced my daughters ability to be recruited despite only being a 2 star recruit. Her team, <deleted>, won the <deleted> tournament and will go to the NCAA's in the Spring. A great deal of coaches looked at your site and looked at her academics and her athletics to see how the school could attract her. Those parents not updating both athletics and academics on your site have limited the middle ranked players from being recruited. We had interest from your web site from numerous coaches and schools that we simply were not aware of and gave my daughter numerous options.

There are plenty of coach visits to 1-Star and 2-Star players - even some that are not rated at all.

Best,
Dallas

dallasoliver 11-11-2008 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RestockingTues (Post 2855732)
I don't get checked out by anyone :( Then again, I'm not good at all xD

As I mentioned in my longer post, try updating as much information as you are comfortable sharing. That will usually lead to some hits. And, of course, be patient!

Best,
Dallas

scraps234 11-11-2008 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallasoliver (Post 2856347)
You can see summary information (e.g., you have 32 coach visits) with a free account. Seeing which coaches actually visit requires a Recruiting Advantage subscription.

Best,
Dallas

thanks =) how much does it cost and do i have to link the player?

MIGHTY MANFRED THE WONDER 11-11-2008 06:10 AM

Thanks again for everything, DALLASOLIVER

I think today's update (Tuesday 11/11) is a good example of Tennisrecruiting's class and reporting;
While everyone likes reading about the "very top" national players, like the tenniszoo articles (and dreaming), you also highlighted many different levels ("stars") of boys and girls.
This shows players wherever they are on the rankings- There are college opportunities to match players,scholastics and tennis- same as Coach Carter has been saying all along in the College section.

With the signing countdown tommorow- A question, can "nonsubscribers" see where their top players signed by state (or even better,by USTA junior region)? That is asking a lot, but maybe you will consider "cutting" your data this way.

I'm sure a lot of players would like an easier way to track 18s/Seniors in their regions without going back and forth via names/colleges?
This would go a long way for some younger players to match their skills-goals with these seniors they have watched, and what they know they will have to do to get into a "level" of college team.

dallasoliver 11-11-2008 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scraps234 (Post 2856362)
thanks =) how much does it cost

Monthly subscriptions are $7.95. Annual subscriptions are $49.95 for a new membership - but renewals are only $39.95.

Best,
Dallas

dallasoliver 11-11-2008 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIGHTY MANFRED THE WONDER (Post 2856365)
With the signing countdown tommorow- A question, can "nonsubscribers" see where their top players signed by state or by USTA junior region(s)?
I'm sure a lot of players would like an easier way to track 18s/Seniors in their regions without going back and forth via names/colleges?

As always, thanks for the kind words.

As to your question, we do not currently support it, but state/region pages is a feature that is finally moving towards the top of our roadmap. I hesitate to give any dates, because schedules are always fluid with us, but we do plan to have state/region pages where we show information (rankings, commitment lists, local colleges, news, etc.) relevant to that region.

For the time being, you have to sift through all the data. Sorry!

Best,
Dallas