Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Burbank Juniors? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=231518)

thearthur0 11-15-2008 11:25 AM

Burbank Juniors?

I've noticed that in Burbank there are not many high leveled juniors playing for their high school team. There are some that are extremely high leveled but don't play or don't go to school. And other schools in my league have players that are very high leveled. Furthermore our coach blames our incompetence for not being able to defeat schools like Arcadia or Glendale. Does anyone else have these problems?:confused:

SoCal10s 11-15-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thearthur0 (Post 2868725)
I've noticed that in Burbank there are not many high leveled juniors playing for their high school team. There are some that are extremely high leveled but don't play or don't go to school. And other schools in my league have players that are very high leveled. Furthermore our coach blames our incompetence for not being able to defeat schools like Arcadia or Glendale. Does anyone else have these problems?
:confused:

there are many tough schools around SoCal area.. there are so many good players scattered around.. the schools that consistently wins are those schools that have a strong doubles line-up... there are outstanding players in a lot of schools but they can only win 3 points at most,so if your school fills a good double line up you can take them down... schools around the SoCal area that wins their divisions are always full with depth and have strong doubles teams.. Claremont has 2 outstanding players still cannot win their division because their doubles can't win enough matches...
a small school like San Marino won 2 years ago and should have won last year wins because of their solid doubles... I think they are better than Arcadia and Glendale..

amaj 11-15-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal10s (Post 2869001)
there are many tough schools around SoCal area.. there are so many good players scattered around.. the schools that consistently wins are those schools that have a strong doubles line-up... there are outstanding players in a lot of schools but they can only win 3 points at most,so if your school fills a good double line up you can take them down... schools around the SoCal area that wins their divisions are always full with depth and have strong doubles teams.. Claremont has 2 outstanding players still cannot win their division because their doubles can't win enough matches...
a small school like San Marino won 2 years ago and should have won last year wins because of their solid doubles... I think they are better than Arcadia and Glendale..

haha you know torsten and clarke

kctennis1005 11-16-2008 09:44 AM

actually claremont might win their division this yr cuz they moved back to div. 3 and they got a transfer from troy.....theyre deeper this yr so they should win it

SoCal10s 11-16-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kctennis1005 (Post 2871177)
actually claremont might win their division this yr cuz they moved back to div. 3 and they got a transfer from troy.....theyre deeper this yr so they should win it

that's almost a sure bet then... I really admire the assistant coach(Clarke's dad)he'll get that team to win...

a_2c+ 11-22-2008 10:13 AM

heh. i was bound to go to glendale had i not moved WAAYY back then...

thearthur0 11-26-2008 09:42 PM

But some schools have so many ranked players where they have to put them in doubles also.