Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Babolat sponsorship (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=232008)

tgtennisace 11-18-2008 06:43 PM

Babolat sponsorship

could some please tell me who to contact in regards to getting a babolat deal. any names, phone numbers, or emails would help out a lot.

-thanks tom

Tim W 11-18-2008 06:45 PM

Which state/country do you live in?

tgtennisace 11-18-2008 06:49 PM

I live in texas.

SaunderS 11-19-2008 08:25 AM

You will have to have a very good ranking for babolat.

robertg06 11-19-2008 11:46 AM

A very, very good ranking....Although I do know a boy in Malaysia who has one and to be honest he's worse than me and he has a full one.

LSStringing 11-19-2008 12:18 PM

Jackie Carleton joins Babolat USA as Promotions Manager for the US. Carleton comes to Babolat from Adidas where she was a Junior Team representative for its tennis division. At Babolat, she will head up the Junior and College player programs handling recruitment, sponsorships, contracts, and the all-important player relations at the junior and collegiate levels.

It used to be easy for Texas players, since Seth McKinley was spearheading the junior division. He seemed to be based out of the Newk's Tennis Ranch facility, but now he has been promoted and Jackie is running the show for the juniors. I don't have an email address for either, sorry.

MIGHTY MANFRED THE WONDER 11-19-2008 12:26 PM

There has been over 10 responses to this very subject in this very Junior's section- Please do a search here.
I have cut and pasted the exact Babolat requirements and addresses at least two times myself.

Basically top 10 in your age/section for a nice discounted package.
There is no such thing as a "full one" unless you are discussing the poster- I would suggest you start practicing.

hunter 11-19-2008 01:03 PM

partial package from babolat--must be 150 in the nation or top 10 in you section or participated in 2 of the last supernationals....call 877-316-9435....be prepared to show documentation of your qualifications...

Seblad2k8 11-20-2008 05:11 AM

they dont do partial top ten in the country for full just emailed them

10isDad 11-20-2008 06:12 AM

Said it before yet people still make their claims: there are exceptions made.

A friend of my son has a Babolat partial. Never been ranked higher than 98 nationally and currently is in the 300s in the 16s but is highly ranked sectionally. Basically, a preferred player package wherein he gets 3 sticks, a bag and some other general stuff at a tremendously discounted rate.

Another friend of my son is top 50-ish nationally and supposedly gets a couple free sticks + additional at cost.

The boys in Tucson (DB/CB) have Wilson deals (full), yet neither are now ranked in the range that people spout out about. Used to be 5 sticks each per year + all the string they wanted + shoes/clothes, etc. and they paid nothing.

Kal-El 34 11-20-2008 06:48 AM

sometimes its not what you know its who you know

MIGHTY MANFRED THE WONDER 11-20-2008 06:57 AM

I agree that sometimes hanging around the shop/coach can lead to meeting some folks- Potential opponents, reps coming in and out, maybe learning to string your set up, demos, that stuff. It is nice to be able to walk in and use a shop's machine
to restring your rackets with your own reel. Who knows? maybe it can work into a job.

Picked up a really nice "factory only" shirt w/ logo from rep once just because it didn't fit anyone else there that day & played that brand.

hunter 11-20-2008 12:43 PM

seblad2k8 you are wrong

seblad--you are wrong...i gave that information because my son gets a partial from them, so i know what i am talking about....i gave you the phone number....just say thank you next time....the qualifications that i stated in my above post are correct for a partial--he gets 3 racquets, a dozen packs of string, a bag and some other stuff once a year for 299$, and can reorder individual items at a big discount....you dont know what you are talking about

SaunderS 11-20-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter (Post 2880840)
seblad--you are wrong...i gave that information because my son gets a partial from them, so i know what i am talking about....i gave you the phone number....just say thank you next time....the qualifications that i stated in my above post are correct for a partial--he gets 3 racquets, a dozen packs of string, a bag and some other stuff once a year for 299$, and can reorder individual items at a big discount....you dont know what you are talking about

What rank is your son?

hunter 11-20-2008 12:49 PM

130's in nation 20's in his section--strong section

SaunderS 11-20-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter (Post 2880856)
130's in nation 20's in his section--strong section

Oh. Does he get to choose a specific racket etc?

hunter 11-20-2008 01:02 PM

yes, any racquet he wants, any string, all accessories...it is a very nice package...the phone number is in my first post....i will tell you that he has gotten this package with them for several years and they have always been very accommodating...ie...he is ready to switch racquets because of a change made to his game, and he just received from them today a demo racquet free for 30 days...

MIGHTY MANFRED THE WONDER 11-20-2008 01:06 PM

SaunderS
What, are you writing a book? Leave that part out and make it a mystery.

#5 in section, in 200 National- A partial just like hunter says.
I know we all say "Best of luck" to Seth in his new position- miss him already.

hunter 11-20-2008 01:09 PM

^was that negativity directed at me? i don't visit here too much, and saw that the guy wanted some info, so i gave it...we really like babolat, and yes, we will miss seth too...

Seblad2k8 11-20-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter (Post 2880840)

im sorry but if you want to argue over who is right with babolat do that and i didnt even post anything about what you write so stop getting so insulted about it lol aw and here is the babolat guy's e mail (who i e mail last night and he told me today)
aidan@dinamica.co.uk

their you go go argue with babolat and stop saying other people dont know what their talking about when you obviously dont and considering your from a diffrent country to me im not surprised its diffrent so jog on:)