Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   William7gr's review of the Silent Partner Hip Hop (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=237206)

william7gr 12-30-2008 11:56 AM

William7gr's review of the Silent Partner Hip Hop

I was debating between the Hip Hop and the Pioneer DC plus and decided on the Hip Hop because of the mounting and the price. This machine is built very well with the only non-metal pieces being some of the knobs and the ands of the support posts. The machine came very well packaged and nothing looks used or damaged. The one problem I encountered however was that the top of the string gripper was jammed down so I had to unscrew it and put it back on the right way.

Mounting:
[IMG]
Mounting the racquet is quick and easy with the two knobs. The top black knob is for the sides and the bottom chrome one is for the center post. After my fist racquet there was no frame distortion based on my eyes.

Clamps:
[IMG]
After using this machine I would love to try spring assisted clamps to see how much better they are because I could not imagine any clamps easier to open and close. I never had a string slip nor were there marks on the strings.

Tensioning system:
[IMG]
The clutch worked great without any problems. I was a little concerned about the rotational gripper rather than the linear gripper but I see very little effect on the string.

Turntable/Brake: The turntable is very heavy and is very solid I, I never had the machine tip on me. I was not expecting much from the brake nor will I need it very much because of the lack of O3's that I will be stringing but it worked very well for the O3 that I strung, I could not imagine having to string one without it.

[IMG]
Over all my first string job went well after a bit of trouble at the beginning but in the end it probably took me about 2 hours. I would like to thank all of you for helping me with my decision and especially YULitle for your great videos. (I don't think I could have tied any knots without them) I messed up on one of the crosses but thats way I used a Walmart frame that will probably never see the court again. If anyone want to see a pacific picture of something let me know.

nadalfan! 12-30-2008 01:18 PM

You uploading pics soon? :)

Mansewerz 12-30-2008 01:56 PM

Congrats william! Any pics :D

william7gr 12-30-2008 02:37 PM

Here are two more pics that wouldn't fit in the beginning (Sorry about the Shadows :))

[IMG]

[IMG]

william7gr 01-03-2009 05:59 PM

I just completed my second string job today and I probably reduced my time by about 30-45 minutes. My knots also improved a lot over my first job. My SP starting clamp worked great, I had to use it to help tension my last main and I used it to start my crosses with no slipping. I measured my racquet at the beginning middle and end of of the process. The racquet was the same length at the beginning and end of the process but after I finished all the mains the racquet was about a quarter of an inch shorter, is this normal?

SteveI 01-04-2009 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by william7gr (Post 2973654)
I just completed my second string job today and I probably reduced my time by about 30-45 minutes. My knots also improved a lot over my first job. My SP starting clamp worked great, I had to use it to help tension my last main and I used it to start my crosses with no slipping. I measured my racquet at the beginning middle and end of of the process. The racquet was the same length at the beginning and end of the process but after I finished all the mains the racquet was about a quarter of an inch shorter, is this normal?

Nice post.. not sure if that is normal...but the frame was the same after you finished the complete process and that is excellent.

davidahenry 01-04-2009 06:23 AM

Looks very nice. Seems to have a very nice six point mounting system. Congrats on your purchase.

DH

theace21 01-04-2009 06:38 AM

Great looking machine and nice review. Enjoy your new stringer...

1st Seed 01-04-2009 10:12 AM

I'm also interested in the sp hip hop for my first machineLooks great, wil keep us updated on the progress thanks Bud.Any trouble you need youlitle he helps the whole forum, good guy lots of experience.

william7gr 01-04-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1st Seed (Post 2975179)
I'm also interested in the sp hip hop for my first machineLooks great, wil keep us updated on the progress thanks Bud.Any trouble you need youlitle he helps the whole forum, good guy lots of experience.

If you are thinking about getting it, get it now it's a great machine. I am mad at myself that I didn't get it months ago and so will you.

1st Seed 01-06-2009 02:13 PM

Wil if you don't mind me asking what was the exact total foe the hip hop including shipping.I'll be paying CDN dollars.Thanks.

1st Seed 01-06-2009 04:39 PM

Ordering mine in the morning.Wil your reviews plus pics and research have made me come to my senses.Thanks I'll keep you updated on my progress.I'm sure it's money well spent.

william7gr 01-06-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1st Seed (Post 2982689)
Ordering mine in the morning.Wil your reviews plus pics and research have made me come to my senses.Thanks I'll keep you updated on my progress.I'm sure it's money well spent.

You will be happy you did. Let me know if you have any questions.

1st Seed 01-06-2009 06:58 PM

thanks again

1st Seed 01-06-2009 07:00 PM

Any thing you don't like?

1st Seed 01-07-2009 06:47 AM

Wil, I went to the sp website this morning and sure enough like you said sold out.So I called Steve anyway,good thing I did he had 1 new one left.What a relief.I can still remember you saying you'll be sorry if you don't.The look on my face this morning, when it said out of stock was priceless.Kinda blows, no pick up's, but that's how they do it.Machine is expected in three days.Steve confirmed to me that it's new, not used ,so well see
I won't be losing any sleep tonight.Wil Thanks again for tellin me not to stall on it.Great advice.I fell sorry whose ever reading this because you're on a waiting list if you want one know.Awesome

william7gr 01-07-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1st Seed (Post 2984156)
Wil, I went to the sp website this morning and sure enough like you said sold out.So I called Steve anyway,good thing I did he had 1 new one left.What a relief.I can still remember you saying you'll be sorry if you don't.The look on my face this morning, when it said out of stock was priceless.Kinda blows, no pick up's, but that's how they do it.Machine is expected in three days.Steve confirmed to me that it's new, not used ,so well see
I won't be losing any sleep tonight.Wil Thanks again for tellin me not to stall on it.Great advice.I fell sorry whose ever reading this because you're on a waiting list if you want one know.Awesome

I went to the SP website today and thought you got the last one but then at the beginning of your post I got worried. Glad it all turned out good especially since the crump has been out of stock for over a month. Enjoy your new machine.

1st Seed 01-07-2009 05:51 PM

I might need u down the road.If there's any Q.C issue's.I have'nt heard one really wrong thing with this unit.All hail you- little.

william7gr 01-07-2009 06:40 PM

^^^^ Just watch YULitle's videos and read the manual and you should be fine. I have a copy of the manual on my computer if you want to get a head start. Just give me your email. Also I would set aside at least 3 hours for the first string job, setting the machine up and getting started that first time is tough. (I spent 15 minutes entangling a knot I made in the string)

1st Seed 01-07-2009 06:51 PM

Recieved the mail.Just gettin me more anxious