Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   ADIDAS warranty anyone? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=237403)

lawlitssoo1n 12-31-2008 05:48 PM

ADIDAS warranty anyone?

has anyone actually send in their pair of adidas shoes for warranty?
i've always worn out shoes before 6 months and i never sent in a pair. so im wondering how service is.

how long does it take to come back?

what do i need to ship the shoes?

Can i exchange it for a different pair of shoes or color of the same one?

Will i be getting the exact same pair (as in new but same color/model) i send in?

thanks for any help!

fluffy Beaver 12-31-2008 05:52 PM

how long does it take to come back? About a month

what do i need to ship the shoes?
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/cust..._warranty.html

Can i exchange it for a different pair of shoes or color of the same one? From experience they just give you what you send in (send in barricades, get barricades back of same size)

Will i be getting the exact same pair (as in new but same color/model) i send in? New/Same model yes, color just depends on what they have in stock. But say you send in the IV's and they have been discontinued, you'll receive the V's.

a-naik.1 12-31-2008 06:24 PM

yea it takes around 2-4 weeks to get them back. The only thing that is not certain when you get your shoes back is the color...i sent in my white, black, and the red on the tongue barricade IVs and got back the one with the lime green tongue..

lawlitssoo1n 01-01-2009 02:57 PM

OH cool. i have the white, black, red tongue ones and i really don't like those. i hope i get the SILVER ONES! cuz i just bought the shanghi's yesterday!

lawlitssoo1n 01-01-2009 03:09 PM

ALSO i was wondering if u need like
ORIGINAL BOX, receipt, the little warranty card??

or can i just ship the shoes w/ receipt and 8 dollars in a box

lawlitssoo1n 01-01-2009 06:56 PM

anyone?.....................

big hitter 01-01-2009 07:37 PM

I never did the Adidas return but the lady at the tennis store told me that u need to keep the receipt so you can prove you had the shoes for 6 months or less so you can get the replacement

netman 01-03-2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawlitssoo1n (Post 2966784)
ALSO i was wondering if u need like
ORIGINAL BOX, receipt, the little warranty card??

or can i just ship the shoes w/ receipt and 8 dollars in a box

You need the receipt and the warranty card. You can download a copy of the warranty card off the Adidas web site. Most retailers can print you a duplicate receipt if you lost the original, just ask. You also have to include a check for approx. $8 to cover return shipping and handling.

I always take my receipt, staple it to the warranty card, put them in the box and store the box. That way its easy to return a pair. Have returned Nikes, Filas and Adidas products with no problems.

I just sent in a pair of Barricade Vs the first week of December and got back a new pair in 2 weeks. Mine were the all black with lime green highlights. I included a note saying I would take another all black pair or ones with white and black, whichever they had in stock. They sent me the white/black and red ones.

-k-

dr325i 01-15-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netman (Post 2971341)
You need the receipt and the warranty card. You can download a copy of the warranty card off the Adidas web site. Most retailers can print you a duplicate receipt if you lost the original, just ask. You also have to include a check for approx. $8 to cover return shipping and handling.

I always take my receipt, staple it to the warranty card, put them in the box and store the box. That way its easy to return a pair. Have returned Nikes, Filas and Adidas products with no problems.

I just sent in a pair of Barricade Vs the first week of December and got back a new pair in 2 weeks. Mine were the all black with lime green highlights. I included a note saying I would take another all black pair or ones with white and black, whichever they had in stock. They sent me the white/black and red ones.

-k-

I am wondering if you buy them off the Auction Site (e Bay) -- and print the winning receipt, would that work? Or does it have to be a dealer or retail store?

netman 01-16-2009 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr325i (Post 3010211)
I am wondering if you buy them off the Auction Site (e Bay) -- and print the winning receipt, would that work? Or does it have to be a dealer or retail store?

You have to buy them new to get the warranty. So as long as they are new from an Adidas retailer you should be fine. Problem on the bay is that you can run into folks that are reselling shoes they bought or are selling counterfeits, so some vendors won't honor that type of purchase. You can always call Adidas Customer Service and ask.

-k-

dr325i 01-16-2009 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netman (Post 3011092)
You have to buy them new to get the warranty. So as long as they are new from an Adidas retailer you should be fine. Problem on the bay is that you can run into folks that are reselling shoes they bought or are selling counterfeits, so some vendors won't honor that type of purchase. You can always call Adidas Customer Service and ask.

-k-

THanks!
I have not heard of the Fake Barricade on bay...
How do you spot those?

netman 01-16-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr325i (Post 3011205)
THanks!
I have not heard of the Fake Barricade on bay...
How do you spot those?

Sorry wasn't specifically singling out Barricades as potential fakes. But counterfeiting sports shoes is a huge business in China so some mfgs may not honor warranties on items off the auction sites. Best to call Adidas and ask.

-k-

adidasman 01-16-2009 01:37 PM

adidas customer service is top notch - they'll take very good care of you.

dr325i 01-16-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasman (Post 3012585)
adidas customer service is top notch - they'll take very good care of you.

Thanks, I got the B5's (black/yellow) of the *bay for $51 and they came with the Auction purchase receipt, tag attached and the guarantee card...
But I don't have the "original" invoice...

dr325i 02-03-2009 07:54 AM

Another question:

Lets say I purchased my shoes in September, my friend purchased his in January (3 months later). He is not interested in the 6-month warranty since he's not playing much. We purchased the same size and same color of the B5's.
I kill my shoes in June, outside of my warranty, but my friend gives me his receipt with the date of January...

How would Adidas know that this happened?

mozzer 02-03-2009 08:17 AM

Never mind, i should read properly first.

Teamtomo 02-03-2009 08:57 AM

Does adidas warranty work in the UK???

roger nadal 02-04-2009 07:43 PM

wat r the requirements like do u hav to completely go thru the sole or do u hav to go thru tread

Booyah 02-04-2009 08:00 PM

just have to go through the sole that you start seeing grey that wasn't part of the outsole.

foLster 02-04-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netman (Post 2971341)

Can you direct me to this warranty card? I can't seem to find it.

Also, I haven't worn through the bottom of the shoe, but there is a large hole below the toe.. Does that qualify for warranty? (it's only been a month and a bit really, and I've only played a couple times a week.. weather isn't that nice)