Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Talk Tennis Europe - English (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Tennis Warehouse Europe Sneak Peek (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=240569)

TW Staff 01-20-2009 04:30 PM

Tennis Warehouse Europe Sneak Peek

Use the following url to get a sneak peek at Tennis Warehouse Europe: http://sweuro.com/

Please understand the website is not fully completed at this time. The selection is not what it will be and we are still working on adding brands and items etc. Please also note that you may lose connection at times while we update the site with changes.

YOU CANNOT ORDER AT THIS TIME.

It may seem like orders go through, but they don’t. Feel free to check out the add to cart pages, though.

Look and feel:
What do you think about the look and feel of the website? Please give us your overall opinion on what we have so far.

Missing info:
We are aware that there are some broken images and missing descriptions. These will be corrected shortly. Please let us know if you see any other types of missing info or broken links as you navigate through the site

Pricing:
On the website you will see a rough draft of our pricing. Please let us know if you feel the pricing is competitive.

Translations:
Do you feel our translations accurately reflect the tennis terminology in each language?

Thank you all in advance for you feedback and we hope you enjoy the site.

TW Staff.

S H O W S T O P P E R ! 01-20-2009 05:15 PM

It looks so much better than the American layout. Very nice. :)

Mansewerz 01-20-2009 05:23 PM

Wow, loving the fresh new layout. Any chance the American one will get a similar look soon?

meowmix 01-20-2009 05:27 PM

Wow, very nice! It's a very nice layout, very clean and sharp. Quite different from the US version, but nice. I have a few questions:
1. why are the prices different for each country? I notice that ordering from the UK is about €10 more than ordering in Austria for the Dunlop 4d 550
2. will the people in the US be able to order racket from TW Europe?

TW Admin 01-20-2009 05:58 PM

Meowmix,

Pricing may vary from country to country for a few reasons. The simplest is different vat rates. Currently that would only show up for France since all other vat rates start off the same as Germany. As we meet sales thresholds in each country, we will need to charge to that country's vat rate which may cause prices to vary up or down...it's a very different tax system than the US. All this said, you shouldn't be seeing different prices for that racquet. Could you posted the price you were shown.

The second is that every country is a unique market with different factors that can affect pricing. Those factors include vendor or distributor politics, competition, and costs. The vat rules are what they are but the pricing structures are still being worked out...no one has really done what we are doing before and much is still to be determined. Our goal is to deliver the best prices and service.

We will be redesigning the US site fairly soon. We took the design of the European site as an opportunity to do a few things...so, yes, there are things you'll see on the US site in somewhat short order. We're not done with this site yet.

Thanks,
Drew

Mansewerz 01-20-2009 06:00 PM

Will the Fischer granite racquets be up on the Euro site before US? I've heard they already come out there.

adams_1 01-20-2009 06:21 PM

I really like the layout. Very crisp, very clean.

Babolast 01-20-2009 06:32 PM

Looks very clean. Can Nike products get shipped to Australia?

Feña14 01-21-2009 01:05 PM

Fantasic!

Will do you be doing demo's at all?

Jonnyf 01-21-2009 01:09 PM

Wow! great looking site! Looking forward to it ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feña14 (Post 3029863)
Fantasic!

Will do you be doing demo's at all?

I'd like to know aswell TW..will you?

Feña14 01-21-2009 01:13 PM

Does look good yeah.

How do I find out the prices in £'s though? I've only managed to get it in Euros :confused:

Jonnyf 01-21-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feña14 (Post 3029885)
Does look good yeah.

How do I find out the prices in £'s though? I've only managed to get it in Euros :confused:

I couldn't work it out either :confused: Even with the "drop down menu" with the countries, when I changed it to the UK it didn't show me.

Tombhoneb 01-21-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feña14 (Post 3029885)
Does look good yeah.

Was thinking the same. I dont think they have it running yet. I think its roughly 1 euro = 93p at the mo.

The pricing (if it stays the same) seems pretty good. The same or a tiny bit better than the other stores, so will definitely take some of their customers.

The look seems awesome, its very easy to find what your looking for.

Good work TW

BobFL 01-21-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowmix (Post 3026346)
1. why are the prices different for each country? I notice that ordering from the UK is about €10 more than ordering in Austria for the Dunlop 4d 550

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs...s/index_en.htm

Dags 01-21-2009 02:22 PM

I can't decide on the pricing. For instance, if I add a can of balls to the cart, it shows this:

Subtotal: 6,27 €
Vat: 0,00 €
Shipping: 0,00 €

Are all the prices listed ex-VAT?

I also can't get shipping prices: I select the UK, but the Shipping Calculator is broken after that.

Out of interest, where's the store based? I notice the phone number is in the UK: are goods shipped from there too?

Storm_Kyori 01-21-2009 02:50 PM

Very sharp and clean. I like the logo change, with the stars and that like glossy look.

eagle 01-21-2009 03:23 PM

Very nice!

Saw a post from someone unhappy about no vendors in Eur for the KPS88.

I'm sure he'll be happy to learn that he'd be able to order it through TW-Eur.

r,
eagle

Tombhoneb 01-21-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle (Post 3030289)
Very nice!

Saw a post from someone unhappy about no vendors in Eur for the KPS88.

I'm sure he'll be happy to learn that he'd be able to order it through TW-Eur.

r,
eagle

hi :)

Now, its all a question about whether or not they are going to do demo's. Please TW !!

Hankenstein 01-22-2009 04:50 AM

Very nice page!

When this TW-europe site is launched, will it still be possible to buy from the US-page for us europeans?

dr_punk 01-22-2009 05:04 AM

I feel like the left-side menu could be worked with. Add some contrast color possible to add a viewer hotspot. But i'm sure you guys have have done several tests to see what fits with the european consumer, that which i'm clueless with.