Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Talk Tennis Europe - English (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   So has TW Europe been officially launched? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=241886)

meowmix 01-27-2009 11:12 AM

So has TW Europe been officially launched?

If so, welcome to all the new members from Europe! I'm pretty darn sure you'll grow to love TW as much as us folkies in the US do.

Tofi 01-27-2009 11:20 AM

Seriously to tell you the truth they need to lower their prices. look at all the other uk tennis shops and look at their prices then compare on tw europe. i would buy from their but only if they lower their prices and put it all into GBP for the uk

ac3111 01-27-2009 02:36 PM

I think they accept online orders. It will be fun to be the first who orders...
They should give a bonus to the very first 3. It would be a good promotion.

Hankenstein 01-27-2009 10:10 PM

Im very very very sorry to say, but TW-europe prices are way to high. We have a couple of online-stores here in Sweden and the prices here are about 20-25 % lower then on tw-europe.

The competition here in Europe is pretty ruff (is that the word?) and specially the uk and german online stores are really pushing the prices down.

93sq. 01-28-2009 04:05 AM

Prices are lower than italy...but higher than others european e-stores...
Quite frankly,it's almost cheaper to buy items from tw.com...

i have several problems to set my country,is that a browser problem!?

93sq. 01-28-2009 04:07 AM

WTF...strings prices are incredibly high!!!!!!!

mozzer 01-28-2009 06:48 AM

Some of the prices are high, but they have way more choice for almost all product ranges.

ericsson 01-28-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankenstein (Post 3061398)
Im very very very sorry to say, but TW-europe prices are way to high. We have a couple of online-stores here in Sweden and the prices here are about 20-25 % lower then on tw-europe.

The competition here in Europe is pretty ruff (is that the word?) and specially the uk and german online stores are really pushing the prices down.

I second that, i will do some research soon about the global prices and post them later.

BTW: Italy, Greece has some of the highest prices i ve seen around Europe...

ac3111 01-28-2009 07:52 PM

Greece has in many things some of the highest prices and has also some of the worst salaries. But this country is full of paradoxes, so do not take into account in your research...

TW Staff 01-30-2009 02:53 PM

The tenniswarehouse-europe.com site is still in a test phase and has not yet
been launched to the public on a wide scale. We are accepting orders and thank everyone for their feedback.

We are still researching and establishing retail pricing but our goal is to
be competitive on a pan-European basis.

thompenator 01-31-2009 02:09 AM

You say that TW Europe is now taking orders but that pricing hasn't been finalised. What happens to orders placed now for items which then have their prices revised? If the price is reduced will the lower price be offered to those who have ordered the item? If the price is increased will the original price be honoured or will the options only be to either pay the higher price or cancel the order?

David_Is_Right 02-04-2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thompenator (Post 3078195)
You say that TW Europe is now taking orders but that pricing hasn't been finalised. What happens to orders placed now for items which then have their prices revised?

You have the same problem with anything you buy, whether it be from an online shop or a bricks and mortar shop.

When you buy something, you agree to pay the stated price in return for the goods. The agreement is not dependent on any future price changes.

thompenator 02-05-2009 01:39 AM

David_Is_Right, I know that is what happens when placing an order on a finished website where the previous prices were fully thought out and correct. I've read of many cases where sites have made typos in their prices and not had to honour orders (or at least only the first few). What I'm not sure about is at what point an online order becomes a contract. I seem to think that an automated email reply doesn't count and that it only becomes a contract when payment is taken. Therefore, I'm not sure that a pre-order placed on a site still in development is a contract and was seeking the official TW position on this.

TW Staff 02-10-2009 08:10 AM

We are now offering free shipping options to make our prices more competitive. If you find a lower price from an authorized European dealer then we will match it.

Chris, TW.

ClubHoUno 02-10-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 3117796)
We are now offering free shipping options to make our prices more competitive. If you find a lower price from an authorized European dealer then we will match it.

Chris, TW.

Great Chris - are you making the move back to Europe land ?

ericsson 02-10-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClubHoUno (Post 3118606)
Great Chris - are you making the move back to Europe land ?

And have a European Vlog :)

TW Staff 02-11-2009 09:04 PM

No plans at all to leave the California sunshine (although it has rained here most of the last two weeks).

Chris, TW.

mozzer 02-13-2009 10:49 AM

So we can order stuff TW Staff?

maximo 02-15-2009 02:31 AM

Free shipping is a real bonus. :)

Automatix 02-15-2009 03:34 AM

Well prices really aren't good but the strong point is racquet matching...

TW Europe will provide racquet matching right?